Hiei101

Final Fantasy

My favorite is number 8 and then 10-2. In 8 I got to the last boss and can't beat him because I'm not at a high enough level. Once I get around to it I'm going to start over and I'll do it right.

Does anyone have a list of all the final fantasy games? I have been wanting to play through the series, but because they are spread out among so many different systems I'm confused as to what order they go in.

FYI, levels really don't have squat to do with anything in FF8. I'd suggest revisiting how you have your character junctioned, and ensuring you have high compatibility with your GFs - ultimately your junctions are a helluva lot more important than levels.

For example, it was just as easy to trash the game with my level 100 Squall with multiple stat bases at 255 as it was with my level 29 Squall where I just wasted my time carding stuff, running from battles to avoid the exp and drawing all of the GFs available because I had my junctions set up well, Chocobo world gave me plenty of magic to fiddle with via item refining and not passing level 33 kept enemies in the lowest level bracket anyway. tongue.gif

(next game I try, I'm going to see if I can keep Squall and his gang less than level 20 and still set up the junctions I want - wish me luck!)

And your second question - there's no continuity between them. Play them in whatever order you want. The only ones that have any continuity are the FF7 compendium games (which goes Before Crisis (Japanese cellphone game, so good luck finding it - which is unfortunate, because the only thing I personally enjoyed out of the FF7-verse were the Turks, and this is their game), Crisis Core, FF7, silly movie instead of game, Dirge of Cerberus) and FFX followed by FFX-2. Other than that, all the Final Fantasy games are unrelated to one another other than having been made by Square (whether Squaresoft or SquareEnix).

Edit: Some are kind of related to one another, but as they feature different characters and different story lines in the same world, they're playable in any order. The games where this stipulation applies are all of the Final Fantasy Tactics games. So the original (remade as War of the Lions, I believe), Tactics Advanced and FFXII can be played in any order, even though they all take place in Invalice.

Edited by Wends

silly movie instead of game, Dirge of Cerberus)

Oi, It is indeed a game, that I enjoyed playing.

FYI, levels really don't have squat to do with anything in FF8. I'd suggest revisiting how you have your character junctioned, and ensuring you have high compatibility with your GFs - ultimately your junctions are a helluva lot more important than levels.

For example, it was just as easy to trash the game with my level 100 Squall with multiple stat bases at 255 as it was with my level 29 Squall where I just wasted my time carding stuff, running from battles to avoid the exp and drawing all of the GFs available because I had my junctions set up well, Chocobo world gave me plenty of magic to fiddle with via item refining and not passing level 33 kept enemies in the lowest level bracket anyway. tongue.gif

(next game I try, I'm going to see if I can keep Squall and his gang less than level 20 and still set up the junctions I want - wish me luck!)

And your second question - there's no continuity between them. Play them in whatever order you want. The only ones that have any continuity are the FF7 compendium games (which goes Before Crisis (Japanese cellphone game, so good luck finding it - which is unfortunate, because the only thing I personally enjoyed out of the FF7-verse were the Turks, and this is their game), Crisis Core, FF7, silly movie instead of game, Dirge of Cerberus) and FFX followed by FFX-2. Other than that, all the Final Fantasy games are unrelated to one another other than having been made by Square (whether Squaresoft or SquareEnix).

Edit: Some are kind of related to one another, but as they feature different characters and different story lines in the same world, they're playable in any order. The games where this stipulation applies are all of the Final Fantasy Tactics games. So the original (remade as War of the Lions, I believe), Tactics Advanced and FFXII can be played in any order, even though they all take place in Invalice.

yea, I think what happened was that there was a magic that if you set it to defense, when the final boss attacked you it would heal you. I didn't have enough of it for all the characters. And I was missing quite a few GF's, so I'll go back and try it again.

as for the games, I guess I'll just get them as I can find them. I have the one for the game boy advance, dawn of souls I think

I have Crystal Chronicles, III, IV, XII and Tactics: Grimore of the Rift.

I prefer Tactics and IV myself, although I don't like the saving systems much on CC, III and IV. It's annoying always having to get to a specific point to save.

It's a shame my only Tactics game is playing me up. T_T

It's annoying always having to get to a specific point to save.

That's my biggest issue with IV. T_T When was a noob playing it I often died before getting to the save point 'cause I didn't know how to use items.

(Wends)

silly movie instead of game, Dirge of Cerberus)

Oi, It is indeed a game, that I enjoyed playing.

How was it a movie...? DoC WAS a game, though sometimes the length of the cutscenes was annoying.

DoC holds the place of the worst FF game in the whole franchise, IMO.

It's like they were trying to suck out the success of Devil May Cry...

On rabid Sephiroth fans;

I have a semi-friend (he sort of thinks I'm a freak due to not being straight), that calls early everything "childish" or "insignificant".

Knowing him to be a rabid Sephiroth fan, I asked, "Dude, you just saying that cuz you want to be like your stick-up-the-ass "hero"?"

He then gave me a look that said I was the biggest moron in the world, then said, "Yeah! I'm trying to be like Sephiroth, how the censorkip.gif haven't you figured that out yet? *insert continual jabbering of Sephiroth here*"

I wanted to look at him and go "YOU ****ING PUPPET!" half-jokingly. Then I remembered that he also said that was exactly what he wanted.

I'm a Sephiroth fan myself...but the other fans in my school SCARE ME. D:

Edited by Drer'Ahv

How was it a movie...? DoC WAS a game, though sometimes the length of the cutscenes was annoying.

Speaking of Advent Children. In FF7 timeline, it comes before DoC. tongue.gif Hence 'silly movie instead of a game' followed by 'Dirge of Cerberus.'

Because Advent Children WAS a silly movie. smile.gif

DoC holds the place of the worst FF game in the whole franchise, IMO.

It's like they were trying to suck out the success of Devil May Cry...

(GLOMP) Careful what you say here. It upsets some of the other natives (though I completely agree!)

Maybe FFXIV will have a happy time competing with it for that title. God knows I didn't think anything could smash FFX-2 out of that coveted slot until I played poor Vinnie's game.

They should've stopped with BC with the compilation. Crisis Core's alright, but I found myself truly missing my world map. Where's my freedom to get my face kicked in my monsters way too high level for me at any time, game? Where?!

On rabid Sephiroth fans;

I have a semi-friend (he sort of thinks I'm a freak due to not being straight), that calls early everything "childish" or "insignificant".

Knowing him to be a rabid Sephiroth fan, I asked, "Dude, you just saying that cuz you want to be like your stick-up-the-ass "hero"?"

He then gave me a look that said I was the biggest moron in the world, then said, "Yeah! I'm trying to be like Sephiroth, how the censorkip.gif haven't you figured that out yet? *insert continual jabbering of Sephiroth here*"

I wanted to look at him and go "YOU ****ING PUPPET!" half-jokingly. Then I remembered that he also said that was exactly what he wanted.

I'm a Sephiroth fan myself...but the other fans in my school SCARE ME. D:

Um, wow. o_O I may be a rabid fangirl but not THAT rabid. That's just...creepy....

Because Advent Children WAS a silly movie.

No it wasn't. o_O Considering that I started likeing FF7 because a friend showed me that movie. The issue i had with it was that Cloud was emo for half the movie. o__O

No it wasn't. o_O Considering that I started likeing FF7 because a friend showed me that movie. The issue i had with it was that Cloud was emo for half the movie. o__O

Well... maybe not to you. But to me Advent Children was incredibly silly. Probably because I've been playing the game since the late '90's, whenever I get the weird urge to inbreed my chocobos and watch the glorious beauty of Cait Sith whomping Sephiroth in the head. smile.gif

Because Caith Sith is the greatest thing to come out of Final Fantasy 7, after the Turks. (speaking of, they MUST'VE been drunk off their rears during their scenes - they lost all their badassery with FF7 and Before Crisis, I swear... (censors out rant for another time))

Well... maybe not to you. But to me Advent Children was incredibly silly. Probably because I've been playing the game since the late '90's, whenever I get the weird urge to inbreed my chocobos and watch the glorious beauty of Cait Sith whomping Sephiroth in the head. smile.gif

Because Caith Sith is the greatest thing to come out of Final Fantasy 7, after the Turks. (speaking of, they MUST'VE been drunk off their rears during their scenes - they lost all their badassery with FF7 and Before Crisis, I swear... (censors out rant for another time))

I don't care much for Cait Sith. And I never played the original FFVII. o__o Or Before Crisis....

FFVIII's love story takes some time to get going lol.

Nixy will stay zipped on her opinion of 8's love plot for fear of getting axe murdered by teh fangirl Fortune.

Nixy will stay zipped on her opinion of 8's love plot for fear of getting axe murdered by teh fangirl Fortune.

Smart move happy.gif

Backtracking a little bit, AC was not silly D; I thought it was very... um looking for the word... Epic? Haha.

I like Cait Sith too, he's just funny to me xP And I like Reeve's character.

Careful what you say here. It upsets some of the other natives (though I completely agree!)

Exactly! xd.png Leave DOC alone, it's my favorite video game of all time next to CRISIS CORE and the original FF7.

This thread is filling up with Sephiroth fans!

Welcome, my kin!

Reunion is slightly north from here, though. Sorry, I can't relocate -- there's phone service down here.

Edited by Drer'Ahv

Anyone here heard of Slinkers?

Google them and watch Duckyween.

See how many FF references you can spot xd.png

Welcome, my kin!

Reunion is slightly north from here, though. Sorry, I can't relocate -- there's phone service down here.

I hate the cold, freezing north, thank you very much, so I'll stay in my desert where it's warm and skip the reunion unless it's relocated to the Bahamas or someplace else warm. >_> lol /random

All of a sudden I feel like watching AC again. x.x

@Kaini: I HATE REEVE. He annoys me. >:

I like Red XIII though. xd.png

Welcome, my kin!

What's this about a Reunion!? 8D 8D 8D

@Infinis - Then watch it 8D

Boo, I kinda like Reeve :x Not my favorite ever, but I got nothin' against him.

xd.png

edit cuz it keeps wacking out my post all on it's own :x

Edited by Kaini

Personally, I believe Zack Fair is the top, followed by Sephiroth then Tidus, then Shantotto (cause she's a midge).

Leave DOC alone, it's my favorite video game of all time next to CRISIS CORE and the original FF7.

Sorry, but differences of opinion are quite allowed. Like people continuously pick on my favorite game out there (FF8), I shall eternally profess that DoC was a giant chunk of horse pucky that can't shake a stick at even the mediocrity of FFX-2. No leaving it alone for me - they demolished one of my favorite characters of FF7 by turning him into the key player of a stealth mission with no viable power behind him. It was annoying as hell to play Cait. And the accent made me want to hurt the people who localized this crap (same massive issue I had with the dub of Advent Children, by the way). KANSAI does NOT EQUAL SCOTSMAN! GAW!!! It's slang. Slang to differentiate Reeve's very aristocratic and formal speech pattern from the playful 'magical fortune-telling cat.' (plus Vincent emotes about as well as a wet hanky. And the new characters are as annoying as snot stuck in a sinus to me.)

So nope, not leaving it alone. tongue.gif This is a forum. People are allowed to express why they like/dislike aspects of games.

Crisis Core wasn't bad (Zack's much more likable to me than any other 'hero' in Final Fantasy 7, anyway) - it was just too darn linear and waaaaay too easy. I truly missed my world map. I also missed the ability to get into situations that were impossible to win at anything less than level 60 (or junctioned to beat hell, in the case of FF8). When you can beat an RPG easily at level 42 and at less than 30 hours? Kind of disappointing to me.

Edited by Wends

Crisis Core wasn't bad (Zack's much more likable to me than any other 'hero' in Final Fantasy 7, anyway) - it was just too darn linear and waaaaay too easy. I truly missed my world map. I also missed the ability to get into situations that were impossible to win at anything less than level 60 (or junctioned to beat hell, in the case of FF8). When you can beat an RPG easily at level 42 and at less than 30 hours? Kind of disappointing to me.

I couldnt beat the latterhalf of CRISIS CORE until I got to at least level 50. o__O

And I agree with that about Zack. xd.png Cliche, but he had personality and didnt spend all his time feeling sorry for himself. XP

Zack has really weird legs in BBS.

I considered asking wtf was this about, but then I decided I didn't really want to know.... o__O