Hiei101

Final Fantasy

I'm still convinced it was just his ego-stroking way of buying time for himself. What he was planning to do with the time I honestly don't want to know.

Edited by Drer'Ahv

You know what he was doing right? Laughing his ass off. Mental tricks to weaken your resolve.

I'm no fan of the Final Fantasy series nowadays, but the older ones are still fun.

I recently found the original Final Fantasy game for the NES in my basement, and I have been playing it a lot. It's pretty sweet. I would say it is the best in the series.

I have only one problem with FF1.

The random leveling stat increases. dry.gif

Seriously, it's so stupid. The highest increase you can get for your health for example is 20-something, but most of the time you get anywhere between 2 and 7 depending on the character. That means in order to get something decent you have to save before every level up, kill something, see what you get and either save again or restart. Considering most of the time you get hit with the pathetic stick, that is a lot of restarting.

Since you are trying to level for characters it makes it even worse. One character might get something good, but the other three suffer. My white mage has the second highest HP, even though it is supposed to be the second lowest out of all the avalible characters.

It's like throwing 4 dice and trying to get at least five or six on every one each time.

Edited by Fortune86

You could always stagger your character's level up's so that each one levels up on his/her own. It may take a little bit of setting up for (killing characters to stagger the exp) but you will have a lot less restarts and better overall stats.

You could always stagger your character's level up's so that each one levels up on his/her own. It may take a little bit of setting up for (killing characters to stagger the exp) but you will have a lot less restarts and better overall stats.

I tried that, but I still get pathetic anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

New avatar, an Eldritch Abomination cross between Dr. Doom and Sephiroth. :3

Edited by Drer'Ahv

I know. The first time I used it on DeviantArt I got a heart attack every time my page loaded. D:

I got better, though.

Edited by Drer'Ahv

I've played A2 tactics, Revenant Wings, and the second Crystal Chronicles game on the DS. And I have FF8 and 13. My fave so far is 8. 13 is a close second but there aren't any towns or a world map, and it's so. Freakin. Linear.

8? 8! 8!!!!!!!!!! AUGH!!!!!! 8 MUST @$##@^$ DIE!!!!!!!

8? 8! 8!!!!!!!!!! AUGH!!!!!! 8 MUST @$##@^$ DIE!!!!!!!

GET OUT!

*points at door*

(jk)

I lurk TVTropes period. A friend got me addicted to it. >_>

NONONNOOOO TV TROPES GET IT AWAY I CAN'T IT'S A BLACK HOLE I'LL NEVER BE SEEN AGAIN AUGHGWETRYRTVFBGN.

X.x

I can't go there. I end up sitting for hours in a catatonic state reading things I don't even half know about but are damn hilarious. ._.

I can't go there. I end up sitting for hours in a catatonic state reading things I don't even half know about but are damn hilarious. ._.

Same here. >_> I once sat for hours on end reading about peoples' sleeping problems.

GET OUT!

*points at door*

(jk)

NO!!! Now the characters and story are fine but ULTIECIA AUGH!!!! Ruined the entire game.

NO!!! Now the characters and story are fine but ULTIECIA AUGH!!!! Ruined the entire game.

Ultimecia was fine. I had no problems with her.

Ultimecia was fine. I had no problems with her.

Ulti's a ****ing censorkip.gif*.

Damn whiny censorkip.gif* Rinoa and confusing pixelated graphics killed the game for me. :B

And yet, I have a new file started I intend to play this summer.

Ulti's a ****ing censorkip.gif*.

Damn whiny censorkip.gif* Rinoa and confusing pixelated graphics killed the game for me. :B

And yet, I have a new file started I intend to play this summer.

Was I the only one who had no problems?

No, I'm sure shadow will run in and y'all will defend your precious emo ****er Squall together. ;D

Poor FFVIII. All it wanted was to be a little different. :<

Speaking of which, Zelda II has become a recent favorite of mine, black sheep or not.

TWEWY keeps distracting me.

Resources tell me that TWEWY is orgasmically good. Is this true?

No, I'm sure shadow will run in and y'all will defend your precious emo ****er Squall together

I was about to join the Squall bashing, and then I remembered my own favorite has enough angst to kill Godzilla with. It would be a very hard argument to win.

Edited by Drer'Ahv