Hiei101

Final Fantasy

Remember the times when you could only see the party leader on the screen? Or when their team mates would follow them in a 'perfect' line?

laugh.gif

Remember the times when you could only see the party leader on the screen? Or when their team mates would follow them in a 'perfect' line?

laugh.gif

One of my top comedy scenes ever is in FF7, when Cloud goes into an elevator, Barret walks out of Cloud, talks to him, and then walks back into him. I honestly can't remember when it happened, though I think it was relatively early, what it was about or anything. Just that I laughed all the way through it. xd.png

Though with sprites it is harder to get the party members to follow nicely.

I came up with the theory that the party leader just put his team inside the magic bag he used to carry all their items and weapons with.

I think that scene is at the beginning of the game, when they are blowing the reactor up.

I came up with the theory that the party leader just put his team inside the magic bag he used to carry all their items and weapons with.

I think that scene is at the beginning of the game, when they are blowing the reactor up.

Makes sense to me. Although where do they then put the magic bag? Myabe that is why Cloud's sword is so big, it doubles as a magic bag. Zidane's gloves.. Tidus's pants.. 12 might be more difficult, though as long as you don't have too much stuff you could probably divide it between the characters. Sora's (KH) pants, Roxas's pants, they are both probably full of puches on the inside. Squall has that jacket..

Yeah, that sounds right.

Makes sense to me. Although where do they then put the magic bag?

X-2.

*stare*

X-2.

*stare*

Seems to me that they must not be able to use items... or they use Lulu's trick from X. *impossibility* Maybe Shinra stands behind them and tosses items to them when they are needed. He could hide items.

Square Enix needs to develop cool AND practical clothes.

Even in the real world, such things do not exist.

Even in the real world, such things do not exist.

Sad but true.

It's funny in FFIX when the screen turns black and then only the party leader is left. How eerie. o.O

My main parties I can think of off the top of my head...

Terra, Celes, Relm, Strago (lolwut)

Cloud, Vincent, Yuffie

Squall, Quistis, Irvine

Zidane, Garnet/Eiko, Freya, Steiner/Vivi

Uhm... Tidus, Yuna, Auron

Everyone in XII except Vaan. He's only level 11 in my endgame file. biggrin.gif

But then how would we see cleavage and asscheek?!

Dude. I don't want practical clothes, I want retcons of Kuja's manthong.

Mmm. Sexy.

I could do without. xd.png The rest of him, yes. That? Not so much.

But then how would we see cleavage and asscheek?!

Oh n- YES. Woot. That would be awesome. And impossible, it gets worse and worse in new games. Soon all games will be rated M since all the characters will be totally nude the whole time.

They need to wear something.

Even if only to have something to carry their key items in.

They need to wear something.

Even if only to have something to carry their key items in.

Probably just like, a belt with pouches.

Hopefully it will never get that far, and Video Game girls will always wear at least a bikini. Which seems to be what more and more of them a wearing these days. DX

What about the Mascot costume? I never got it, but I'm pretty sure you don't see anything through that lol

One minor point I'd like to bring up. What the hell happened to Yuna's White Mage outfit? I was hoping to see something similar to her getup in FFX, but instead we get a throw back to FF and FF2 sad.gif

She was more of a summoner. However, I think having one version be like her X costume would have been nice.

I still don't think that Summoner->Gunner is a very realistic class change. Summoner->White Mage or Summoner->Trainer would have made more sense. $00.02

She was more of a summoner. However, I think having one version be like her X costume would have been nice.

I still don't think that Summoner->Gunner is a very realistic class change. Summoner->White Mage or Summoner->Trainer would have made more sense. $00.02

I was surprised about that too. I thought that even though she had lost her Aeons, she would still have her white magic and null skills.

Too bad they couldn't put a Summoner dressphere in FFX-2. They already bent so many other rules of the Spiran universe that it wouldn't really make much of a difference. They wouldn't even have to summon Aeons, just SOMETHING...

...okay so I just want to see pretty Summoner outfits, sue me. :<

Which rules were you thinking about? I still haven't managed to get through it, so I don't really know.

I think that is why they introduced/re-introduced the trainer dressphere. It was sort of their in X, but to make up for summons they made it more prominent. But still, X-2 is like the only FF you can't summon in (<<probably not quite accurate, but whatev).

Rules was the wrong word to use, more like little things that don't logically fit but were added to make the game more interesting/fun, or out of laziness. Like having the Zanarkand NPC's walking around towns in X-2, anyone and everyone suddenly being able to play blitzball, another area of Gagazet magically appearing, etc.

I never thought about the Trainer dressphere like that, that seems accurate. ... Oh, I just looked on FFWiki and it has this to say about the Trainer DSP:

"In the Final Fantasy X-2 artbook, it is stated that the pets owned by the girls when using the Trainer dressphere are actually spirits. It is assumed that the Trainer Dressphere houses the spirits of Kogoro, Ghiki, and Flurry, just as the Songstress Dressphere holds Lenne's. In that respect, the girls are also summoners when using this dressphere (although they can only summon one 'Aeon')."

So you're right. Shame it wasn't a full-fledged Summoner job class though. I really like the Summoner outfits from FF Tactics, with the horns and the robes, it would've been nice to see something like that in X-2.

Rules was the wrong word to use, more like little things that don't logically fit but were added to make the game more interesting/fun, or out of laziness. Like having the Zanarkand NPC's walking around towns in X-2, anyone and everyone suddenly being able to play blitzball, another area of Gagazet magically appearing, etc.

I never thought about the Trainer dressphere like that, that seems accurate. ... Oh, I just looked on FFWiki and it has this to say about the Trainer DSP:

"In the Final Fantasy X-2 artbook, it is stated that the pets owned by the girls when using the Trainer dressphere are actually spirits. It is assumed that the Trainer Dressphere houses the spirits of Kogoro, Ghiki, and Flurry, just as the Songstress Dressphere holds Lenne's. In that respect, the girls are also summoners when using this dressphere (although they can only summon one 'Aeon')."

So you're right. Shame it wasn't a full-fledged Summoner job class though. I really like the Summoner outfits from FF Tactics, with the horns and the robes, it would've been nice to see something like that in X-2.

Ah, OK. Maybe I should get back to it, but probably not till I finish my many other games.

Like this? Those are pretty cool. The robes are awesome, and the horns are OK, but seem a little weird to me, though I'm guessing they are symbolic or something.

They would have been cool, but I don't think they would have really fit in with the other DSPs.

I would have still preferred to have actual Aeons. As cool as the animals were, I missed Valefor and Bahamut.

I didn't really like Trainer much at all. I think I had Yuna master it for the sake of having it mastered, but neither of the others.

Dressphere favorite? Or favorite team lineup?