Hiei101

Final Fantasy

Finally beat FF13! =D

I'm going to leave the side quests to a later date. Just started playing Folklore.

how long has it taken anybody to do FF13...by complete i mean max out the crystal thing, all the quests, maxed all weapons and managed to kill a long gui tongue.gif

took me 217 hours apparently lol

I failed to get a single star for the final boss fight T-T

I'll try again at a later date.

I got the damage trophy fairly easy. I got used Death on an Ortoise.

Fortune: If at first you don't succeed, try try again! *brick'd for annoying saying*

I'm replaying FF9 now, but I don't think I'll go for Excalibur II this time, though it is one of my eventual goals.

I'm still happy about beating Ozma without the Friendly Monsters' Blessing. :3

I'm headed for Oerba, right now I'm fighting Hecatoncheir...

The game is getting really hard, and I know it'll just keep getting harder. ;_;

I'm headed for Oerba, right now I'm fighting Hecatoncheir...

The game is getting really hard, and I know it'll just keep getting harder. ;_;

If you go back to the large grassy area and sneak up on Behemoth Kings you can wipe them out in under a minute, netting 4000cp a time. Use Light/Fang/Hope as COM/COM/RAV and try to launch them into the air and keep them there. If they stand up and you are badly underleveled hit retry.

I did this for a couple of hours and set myself up pretty well. After that nothing was too much of a challenge.

Hay guiz I got my PS2 emulator working. FF9 HERE I COME

*watches for response* pleaselikeitpleaselikeitpleaselikeit

I haven't been able to play it yet (DOWNLOAD FASTER YOU STUPID TORRENT "3 minutes remaining" MY ASS) but I know someone who really loves it. *nods* She shall be a member sooon hopefully.

I haven't been able to play it yet (DOWNLOAD FASTER YOU STUPID TORRENT "3 minutes remaining" MY ASS) but I know someone who really loves it. *nods* She shall be a member sooon hopefully.

:3 *prepares to bug future member*

The graphics are cute but not as realistic and it isn't as techno as the other more recent games, so if that doesn't bug you you will probably like it. ^^

It dun bug me, I've seen the FMVs before, lol :3

It appears teh future member is having trouble getting her intro thread approved. Curse you, mods!

It dun bug me, I've seen the FMVs before, lol :3

It appears teh future member is having trouble getting her intro thread approved. Curse you, mods!

They have to get approved..? *doesn't remember her intro thread*

Hopefully you will like it then. I think it is one of the cutest and deepest games I have ever played..

But whatever. xd.png I'll be glad to give you help with anything if you need it, but I can't really guarantee anything.

My bros bugged me to start playing something yesterday, so I popped in FF8.

I played ten minutes or so and already am laying plans to gtfo this laptop and get addicted to my PS2 shortly. :3 I missed my games greatly.

You know where to come if you get stuck right? laugh.gif

Also, Mug/Steal from everyone and everthing. Zidane can get a better weapon earlier that way.

Edited by Fortune86

YES. STEAL ALL THE TIME.

Just don't apply that advice in real life...

But it also will boost Thievery, which if you put enough time into it throughout the game can be amazing. My first playthrough it did 7000 or so every time, against everything, including Ozma and Necron. Which is to say, Necron was pitifully easy when Thievery+Dragon Crest(maxed)+Doomsday+Steiner. Poor Steiner, no special attack name

*needs to get 8*

I'm trying to remember who my main party for FF9 was. I'm pretty sure I liked all of them. Who did I use the most? unsure.gif

*ponders*

Vivi, Steiner, Dagger/Garnet, and Zidane were the ones I used the most, though Freya also was used for the last part because of Dragon Crest.

I always feel bad when I leave a character out..

I think I did a lot of swapping around, so I might not have had a 'main' party for most of the game.

I always had either Eiko or Garnet on the team though, for the healing and the summons.

Oh I definitely have a main team every game.

For X it was Auron, Yuna, Rikku, then if I had to switch it was usually Rikku.

Auron = <333 and just plain frakking awesome and tank, Yuna = uber magic (<3 those BM spheres), Rikku = Steal/Mix/Misc.

I go in a distinct pattern in X. Tidus and Lulu (and whoever else) in the beginning, then I put Auron on for Tidus, then when I get the BM spheres and Lulu has the -aga spells, give them to Yuna and switch out. I almost never use Kimahri, and then just use his special ability on the Gagazet fight the entire time. X3

For 8 I think it was Squall and then whoever else was alive. I think I used Selphie and Quistis a bit.

In FF8 I used Squall, Rinoa and Selphie/Quistis (whoever was more useful at the time).

They also had the best limit breaks.

FFX was always Tidus, Yuna and whoever I felt like having as a third at the time.

FF7 was Cloud, Aeris and Tifa until the end of the first disk, then it became Cloud, Cat Sith and Vincent.

In FFXII I swapped around a lot again. I always had either Ashe or Basch in the party though.

I didn't really like Van too much. I would have swapped him for Larsa in a heartbeat.

I've played all my FF games (except VIII) so many times that I've used a bunch of team combinations, but these are my preferred ones:

VII: Cloud, Cid, Yuffie. If I could I'd switch out Cloud for Tifa. If they remake VII they NEED to let you dump Cloud, I can't stand having mandatory party leaders.

IX: Zidane, Dagger, Freya, Amarant. I used to use Vivi all the time and often with Steiner, but not so much anymore. I use Eiko about as often as Dagger since they serve similar functions and I like them both. Quina is the only one I almost never use.

X: Auron, Rikku, Yuna. I usually let everyone have a turn in each battle, but these are my main three for postgame.

XII: Fran as my party leader, Balthier, Ashe. Sometimes I use Penelo, even though I hate her as a character I like using her in battle for some reason, especially when I give her the Tournesol. Fun to see a puny little girl swinging the best sword around.

For VIII I really only care about having Selphie around, since she's the only character I like and her limit break is useful.

I agree about wanting to swap Vaan for Larsa though. Larsa is worth at least 10 Vaans.

I agree about wanting to swap Vaan for Larsa though. Larsa is worth at least 10 Vaans.

Plus, he's adorable. laugh.gif

For VII I've only played once, but I used Cloud, Tifa, and Vincent most of the way through. Before that I didn't really have a set party. I believe I did use Aerith and Tifa though before I got Vincent.

Already mentioned my team for IX.

I always used Tidus, Yuna, and Lulu for X, thought I've only played it through once and didn't spend much time on extra stuff. Still seems like a prett good team though.

For 12 I use everybody equally. I level up three of them, then switch them out for the other three. That is one of the reasons I loved 12, it was so easy to do that, and it felt more natural. The random only x amount of people can travel together at a time always seemed weird to me.

Edited by Shaddowwarrior