Hiei101

Final Fantasy

The very idea of a FFVII remake that sucks makes me giddy with anticipation of the delicious fan tears. It would be even better if a FFX-2-esque sequel were made, I'm probably the only person in the universe that thinks that sounds like a fun idea for a game. I want to play dressup with Cloud again. As long as he doesn't bare as much asscheek as Yuna did in her sequel. Suddenly I feel ill.

Hi!! I absolutely love Final Fantasy Games! I am currently playing one on my Wii called, "Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles The Crystal Bearers". It's really fun. My brother has already beat it, but I just started. Anybody else have this game?? PM me!

Lucky. (<wants to play Crystal Bearers but doesn't have enough money/will to by a Wii.)

@Koroshiya/AetherWolf: Ha. xd.png That would be pretty funny. But you're right, fans would hate it. They want it more then anything, but as soon as it came out all the fanboys would be crying about it. That's why I think the safest option would be just to port/update graphics. Then only half the fanboys would be crying about something.

I am up to Chapter 7 on FF13 and I have only one thing to say.

I hate flying motorbikes.

I'm in gran pulse right now.

first impression: HUEG

second impression: everything here can and will kill me

so killing the small mobs is the best way to go xd.png

btw: did anyone here have problems with cid? i was kinda confused because i beat him in two minutes...something is wrong with my cid xd.png

Edited by KyuubiKitsune

I haven't gotten to that point yet.

Chapter 8: CHOCOBOS!!!!!

Edited by Fortune86

@shadowwarrior:

Can't kill the last clan hunts if you're not 99. tongue.gif ( Or it might be even more difficult?)

Though I didn't bother with the last one and it's tens of millions of HP. tongue.gif *kicked her Ps2 and went to the final boss fight instead*

Yeah, Clan Hunts never really appealed to me.. though I never was a much of a minigame person either. I loved Tetra Master in 9, and Hot and Cold, but never got much into any of the others.

I'm in gran pulse right now.

first impression: HUEG

second impression: everything here can and will kill me

so killing the small mobs is the best way to go

btw: did anyone here have problems with cid? i was kinda confused because i beat him in two minutes...something is wrong with my cid

My Cid took a while. Maybe you're just really good at killing cids? xd.png I'm at chapter 10, and I have to say, I am loving the game's system, it's so easy? The characters are fake as hell, yes (except Sazh =P) but the gameplay is beautiful, everything's seamless... and this is coming from someone who has played most of the FF games, so I wouldn't quite say change is bad in FF...

@Fortune: Turth.

The clan hunts were all insanely difficult compared to the normal bosses in game. Although that goes for some of the Espers too. *looks at Ultima and Zodiark*

And Yiazmat ( the one with the 36 million HP or something, was it more? I forget) was just too much for me to bother. Blergh.

ZOMG i love this game =) i bought it a little bit ago and im already on disc 3 (chapter 12ish) no life? YES!

ZOMG i love this game =) i bought it a little bit ago and im already on disc 3 (chapter 12ish) no life? YES!

Are you by any chance playing the Xbox 360 version of FF13?

I saw FFXIII action figures at freakin' Wal Mart today. They only had Vanille and Snow though. And they're too expensive. <.<

SWEET BABY JESUS MOTHER OF--

Boston Anime Convention

NOBUO UEMATSU WILL BE THERE.

And-and-and COSPLAYERS.

And other final fantasy lovers and panels on How To Take Over The World and the Video Game Orchestra... ; _ ;

I am totally wearing my JENOVA Witness T-shirt to this.

Edited by Drer'Ahv

I have a word to say about FF13. I've heard many a complaint about it's linear design. I think such complaints are wrongly placed.

I love that they finally dropped all pretenses of 'role-playing' from the game. Let's face it. Final Fantasy has never been a role-playing game. The only thing you can actually 'control' is some utterly superfluous and has zero impact on the story line. The whole 'RP' of 'RPG' was a generous labeling and nothing more.

FINALLY! They made a FF without and delusions of player-control and just cut straight to the point -- interesting characters, a fascinating setting, and a complex, interesting plot.

Let me compare the predecessor to this newest game. In 12, most of what you do that requires multiple towns and a world map are busy-work quests. You have to traipse across the world about 50 times to find a hunt board, find the petitioner, level grind in some random spot for umptillion hours, then go find the mark and kill it, go back to the petitioner and get you reward.

Now do that about 55 more times, and you get the general drift of what playin FF 12 is like. It's basically summed up here . And that's ONLY the marks. That doesn't include the espers -- which require a lot of level grinding and are a pain to find anyways -- or getting special items off the bazaar. Have you ever tried to get a halcyon gem from an entite before? MISSION IMPOSSIBLE. You waste another 80+ hours just running around killing monsters, moving 2 areas away and moving back and killing more monsters in the hope that one of them will puke up the item you desperately need that has only a 1.5% drop rate.

Yeah, I could actually use those hours in my life doing something that doesn't bore me to tears, thanks. :3

If FF13 streamlines all that **** and gives me a good story and a good show, then I'm happy. There comes a point where -- no matter how get-every-item/esper you are -- you simply stop enjoying mindless running around and decide it isn't worth it.

There comes a point where -- no matter how get-every-item/esper you are -- you simply stop enjoying mindless running around and decide it isn't worth it.

I got that with FF2 (PSP version).

I hated not knowing when my characters stats would increase and no definite levels to work with. I would spend hours grinding just to get my magic/strength/speed up that one point in fear that I would not be strong enough for the next boss battle, not knowing how strong I was in comparison.

Even though there were a whole bunch of secret dungeons for me to explore and several ultimate weapons for me to get, after about two thirds of the way in I just went 'EFF IT!" and just got on with the main plot.

This is coming from the girl who would backtrack across half a game to find a missed treasure chest (it contained a potion).

This is coming from the girl who would backtrack across half a game to find a missed treasure chest (it contained a potion).

Of this, I am also guilty. Have you ever tried getting Aerith's final limit break in FF7? ANNOYING AND NOT WORTH IT.

In my opinion, at least.

I got her final limit break, her ultimate weapon (didn't realise it was at the time) and she was easily my strongest magic caster.

The one and only time I actually disliked Sephiroth.

Ha, see I love FF12.. because I'm the person who doesn't even realize minigames exist and just beats the game and never is annoyed by Espers or hunts.

SquareEnix did well on the main game, but messed up on hunts and espers being doable.

I did all of the FF12 hunts. ALL of them. Including that big b*st*rd with the 50 million HP.

Ha ha. SquareEnix. Ha ha. dry.gif

I'm not really looking forward to the side quests in FF13. I may just complete the main plot and save the quests for laters. What happened to the old quests were you just had to deliver a letter or find 5 Roc feathers or whatever? Optional fights are cool, but not when there are fifty plus of them.

Whoa, whoa, wait. FFXIII figures at Wal*mart? Like, play arts? I collect Play arts... I didn't know you could get them in person anywhere.

There used to be a shop near me where you could buy anime and video game figures, but it closed down after a few months. I think I was their only customer.