Hiei101

Final Fantasy

......FF6 is the best. FF7 gets to much hype  <_<

Iunno. Everyone can have an opinion.

I own every single one from FF1 to FF8-- can't find a copy of 9, 10, or 10-2 around here anywhere, though I have played 10 and 10-2-- and I also own 12. The only ones I have yet to play are 9, 11, 13-2 and 13-3.

I liked 7 the most. 5 and 6 are close seconds, with 2 coming in at 3rd (mostly because the original, which is the one I own, is pretty screwy and that kinda caused me a lot of heartache when trying to play).

I don't think 7 gets too much hype. It's got a lot of fans, but any good game is going to have a big fanbase. That's just my opinion on the matter, though. c: 7 and 8 have more sci-fi in them, and for those that aren't as big on sci-fi, that can be somewhat of a turn off, I guess!

Edited by birdzgoboom

Iunno. Everyone can have an opinion.

I own every single one from FF1 to FF8-- can't find a copy of 9, 10, or 10-2 around here anywhere, though I have played 10 and 10-2-- and I also own 12. The only ones I have yet to play are 9, 11, 13-2 and 13-3.

I liked 7 the most. 5 and 6 are close seconds, with 2 coming in at 3rd (mostly because the original, which is the one I own, is pretty screwy and that kinda caused me a lot of heartache when trying to play).

I don't think 7 gets too much hype. It's got a lot of fans, but any good game is going to have a big fanbase. That's just my opinion on the matter, though. c: 7 and 8 have more sci-fi in them, and for those that aren't as big on sci-fi, that can be somewhat of a turn off, I guess!

Yeah, your probably right. Everyone to their own opinion. I guess I just don't like it as much as one of my friends won't ever stop talking about it, even though it's quite old. Well, that and kingdom hearts.

Haha, I can't even play 2. That person who can't speak properly, Guy is it , annoys me too much

I love every single game in the Final Fantasy series, but my favourite was XII which a lot of people have given me grief for. I've played damn near every game in the franchise, including Japanese exclusives, and XII is still my favourite. It's actually my favourite game of all time, followed by FFX and Okami. I am that guy who will defend XII to the death. I'm actually trying to have a roleplay approved over on the roleplay board that takes place in Ivalice centred around hunting marks.

On that note, I also thoroughly enjoyed X-2, and whilst I didn't like mission system, I liked the plot and the characters and the battle system and everything else. When I was like, eleven, I had my hair styled like X-2 Rikku, I'll need to try and find a photo. I also got long scarves banned at my primary school; I used to wear a ridiculously long scarf like hers everywhere and people used to fall over it all the time.

That said, my other favourites are X, IX and VI, and they were all very well received. I'm also super fond of Tactics. I was never much of a VII fangirl, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. I truly don't think there was a single Final Fantasy game I didn't enjoy.

I have Dirge of Cerberus, 10, 10-2, 12, 13, and 13-2.

Personally, I loved Dirge of Cerberus, 10-2, 12 and 13, but havn't been able to finish 10 because of the battle at the top of the mountain, and I just can't get into 13-2 at all anymore.

Well. So far, my favorite FF games are 7 and Crisis core.

I'm a big fan of FF7. Yeah, I really like Sephiroth and his theme song.

Sephiroth is a lonely, unhappy character. I think he suffers from lack of affection.

When affection does appear, it is often directed toward an unusual object. Likewise, Sephiroth is beginning to obsess with Jenova.

And this affective deficit not only leads to estrangement from others, but also to an inability to enjoy the solitude that results.

So Sephiroth became a completely different person.. He is a loner, emotional and impulsive.

But he could be hero forever as far as I’m concerned. smile.gif

Has anybody played a realm reborn? It's the redo of the original FF14, which was a disasterous flop, and its absolutely incredible.

It's the only mmo I willingly pay for.

What server are you on?

So Type-0 is coming to the west on the PS4 and Xbox?

Yipee!

Wait I don't own either...

Did anybody end up getting the FFX/X-2 PS3 HD collection a couple months back? I preordered the limited edition (came with a small artbook) and couldn't be more pleased with it. I've still got a ton of postgame sidequest stuff to do in both games, but replaying them in HD with new character models was so much more fun than I even thought it could be.

I was following no less than 4 walkthroughs at a time for FFX-2, and sometimes more, because I was trying to get 100% in one playthrough for the first time ever. Yet, incredibly, all of those walkthroughs still allowed me to miss talking to ONE person in ONE scene, leading me to miss .2% completion points, and now 100% is apparently out of my reach. I was SO livid that I had to step away from the game for like 10 minutes to even compose myself to keep playing.

Other than that it's been an absolute blast. Both games are as awesome as they ever were, the HD is GORGEOUS, 1000 Words still makes me cry, and I've even gotten to see some stuff I've never seen before in previous playthroughs despite playing both these games about 15 times.

In FFX-2 I went and fought Angra Mainyu MUCH earlier than I ever have before, and to my complete astonishment I actually WON, though it was a very long and irritating battle. I got to a point where it was pretty much impossible for him to kill me, yet my girls were doing so little damage that it was going to take ages. It ended up being about a 2 hour fight IIRC. Never, ever again. I nearly gave up several times but finally he went down. I haven't played in several weeks, but the Via Infinito is my next priority.

The new stuff added to both games, particularly FFX-2, has made me giddy with excitement. I played FFX with the expert sphere grid this time and it made some things more challenging and added a new twist on the gameplay. I was able to turn Yuna into an even better black mage than Lulu very early on, turning the first half of the game into a cakewalk. Yet even with all my experience and prep work, Lady Yunalesca was STILL a gigantic pain. God I hate that fight, and the character, so much.

Edited by Koroshiya-Ichi

Well. So far, my favorite FF games are 7 and Crisis core.

I'm a big fan of FF7. Yeah, I really like Sephiroth and his theme song.

Sephiroth is a lonely, unhappy character. I think he suffers from lack of affection.

When affection does appear, it is often directed toward an unusual object. Likewise, Sephiroth is beginning to obsess with Jenova.

And this affective deficit not only leads to estrangement from others, but also to an inability to enjoy the solitude that results.

So Sephiroth became a completely different person.. He is a loner, emotional and impulsive.

But he could be hero forever as far as I’m concerned. smile.gif

Too true, too true.

I absolutely love FFVII, though that may be because I haven't played any of the newer games, only FFVII, III, and the one with Squall in it (but only a little bit of the last one). Plus, I know the most about FFVII, so I'm probably really bias.

But I truly do feel for Seph, no matter how evil he became...

You know, Square Enix said something about the pairings being ambiguous and up to the players or something like that.

Sephiroth/Cloud, I personally love that pairing. Don't ask why, I just love the enemies-become-lovers thing.

I have 7, 8, 9, 10, 10-2 & 12.

Working on getting Crisis Core.

Although I don't have a favourite as such (I really enjoyed them all) 12 was the one I couldn't really get into. I completed it and felt nothing. No satisfaction or anything.

I played 9 a few months later though, totally got back into it xd.png

Haha you have more than me, I only have Final Fantasy 13. But I like it, it's got a great story, I love the characters, if you ask me the game was more like a movie than a game, cause it was that cool. smile.gif

Aww, That's a shame. Imagine what the graphics would look like with Square Enix's graphics today?

I had wanted to play it years ago, but it was the block-like characters that kinda turned me away. Now that I'm not the ignorant young teenager anymore I've been trying to track that game down.

Hi there, I just wanted to say I love your avatar. It's cute, and I love Toothless he's my favorite character in How to Train Your Dragon, both in the first and second movie. He was cuter in the second Dragon movie! ^^

I have a very big, two part question that makes a big impact on something I'm working on.

A: Did Cloud build Fenrir himself?

B: Did he build The Fusion Swords?

Hi there, I just wanted to say I love your avatar. It's cute, and I love Toothless he's my favorite character in How to Train Your Dragon, both in the first and second movie. He was cuter in the second Dragon movie! ^^

Hehe, thanks. HTTYD is one of my favorite movies too. Haven't been able to see the second one yet, but I'm looking forward to it. ^^ Toothless is simply adorable. there is really nothing bad about that spunky lil' Night Fury.

Edited by Syiren

I do not have a favorite FF and I have played many of them.

I am patiently waiting for Final Fantasy XV. I will wait for Noctis even if it takes 5 more years xd.png

So I'm super excited for FF XV, but since we still have no release date yet, I'm entertaining myself with gems like this.

user posted image

I haven't even played FFVII so i can't call it my favorite, but the little i do know about it is awesome biggrin.gif I saw the Advent Children movie, played Dirge of Cerberus (with Vincent) and both Dissidia games. I was actually introduced to FFVII via Kingdom Hearts biggrin.gif

Also played FFX, really enjoyed the story!

So as you can imagine I'm also awaiting FFXV smile.gif (and also KH3 but that's different issue xd.png)

I haven't even played FFVII so i can't call it my favorite, but the little i do know about it is awesome biggrin.gif I saw the Advent Children movie, played Dirge of Cerberus (with Vincent) and both Dissidia games. I was actually introduced to FFVII via Kingdom Hearts biggrin.gif

Also played FFX, really enjoyed the story!

So as you can imagine I'm also awaiting FFXV smile.gif (and also KH3 but that's different issue xd.png)

I was lucky enough to have a friend who let me borrow his FFVII game and I'm right up to the point where the group fights Hojo. (which I'm stuck at xd.png ) I totally recomend finding the game and playing it. It's one of the best games I've ever played and I would eternally love the creators if they remade this game and invited in the characters' voice actors.

I have no interest for FFXV, Noctis just does't seem to hold a cndle to the other FF characters in past games, imo he just seems like a combination of other characters combined into one and I just like the other characers better.

I so, so want a PS3 so that I can get 13 and 13-2. :c They both look amazing...

Currently trying for 100% on X-2. On 84%. Just got a little more to go...

I so, so want a PS3 so that I can get 13 and 13-2. :c They both look amazing...

I checked recently and XIII is out for PC so you can look into that?

On another note, I can't get enough of the roadtrip memes for XV xd.png

I got Final Fantasy X HD for Christmas. I'm currently leveling up at the Thunder Plains. I forgot how much I hate the place.

I checked recently and XIII is out for PC so you can look into that?

On another note, I can't get enough of the roadtrip memes for XV xd.png

Wait, what?! biggrin.gif

I JUST got a new laptop that has better graphics than my old one. Must look into this. biggrin.gif

Yes. Do that. XIII is pretty good smile.gif

Edit: I just won my first ever Blitzball Match.

user posted image

Edited by Fortune86

IX was my first so it has a special place in my heart. We (my dad, brother, and I) were all playing it together. I really sucked at it. And I couldn't read back then either, so that didn't help.

VIII was the first one I played all by myself. It was love. I loved the graphics, the storyline, the characters. Laguna Loire is a true joy (along with everyone else).

X... I actually didn't like X when it first came out but I was also very young. I bought the HD version shortly after my father passed away and it made me so teary. I hated Tidus as a kid but as an adult I could relate to him, relate his father to mine, and to their relationship as father and son. Very intense. It's become my favourite due to how emotion-evoking it is.

XIV - my newest fad. I'm not sure if it's a favourite but I enjoy and the community I mingle with.

Crystal Chronicles Crystal Bearers: I've beaten this game too many times. It's just so fun and refreshing! I love it! I'd love to see another of its ilk for the wii or something.

I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan. xd.png

I played all but the online ones. I sadly only beat 3...? I Think. Let's see...

Played- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3(lightning returns), Tactics, TA, TA2, Crisis Code, Dissidia, Dissidia 012...

Beat- 7, 9, 10, 10-2, Crisis Code and both Dissidia games.

.. so 7 beaten?... oh I didn't count the FF7 game about Vincent but I am playing that.. slowly...

So yea. =3

Got the FFXV Demo a while ago(It was 8GB! You can download a whole game for 8GB!) and I love it. Only there are couple of things that are bugging me a bit.

One: Is that there is no kind of lock on system that I can see. Makes it a little bit difficult to hit the faster monsters. They prance around you while you stab at air. Although you can teleport directly to a monster so I suppose your supposed to utilize that.

Two: What did they do to Prompto's hair? Its looking a little bit too much like Cloud's hair for my liking.

Three: Only gaining levels when you stop at a camp? Its a pretty cool idea but I'm still iffy about it.

But the things I like out weigh the bad in the demo.

I've personally played I, II, IV, VI, VII, FVII Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII, XIII-2, Lightning Returns, Dissidia, Dissidia 012, Tactics, Few more DS titles And just started Type-0. I want to play all eventually but I cant get my hands on them ATM.

Favorite would have to be Final Fantasy IX. The characters, Music, Plot and every thing xd.png