Hiei101

Final Fantasy

So Lightning Returns will be out in less than a month. Is anyone else planning on getting it?

I have my copy on pre-order, but given that I'm going for the cheaper delivery option I probably won't be able to start playing until the next weekend.

Already got the Japanese version of the game.

I haven't gotten really far into the game yet but so far, I'm enjoying the ability to explore an open world. Though having a time limit when they give you a huge world to explore feels rather counter intuitive in my opinion. tongue.gif

I'm also glad that this is the last game in the Final Fantasy Xiii series. Don't get me wrong, I did somewhat enjoy playing the games but I think it's time for Square Enix to move on to a new Final Fantasy game.

I quite enjoyed the last two games, but I understand that it is time to move on. Going to play FF:LR and then settle down to wait for FFXV.

Is the time limit really constrictive or can you get a decent amount done per day?

I quite enjoyed the last two games, but I understand that it is time to move on. Going to play FF:LR and then settle down to wait for FFXV.

Is the time limit really constrictive or can you get a decent amount done per day?

It's not too bad. I managed to get a good amount of stuff done in one day.

You can defeat enemies to collect points to stop time temporarily. The game also gets extended by one day every time you complete a main quest. The maximum being 13 days.

I've even heard that it's completely possible to finish all sidequests in one playthrough. It's just that the clock ticking at the corner of the screen is really pressurizing to me. XS

I know that in this game you level up by doing sidequests rather than fighting monsters, but how does this affect your stats? Do you chose where they go or are they applied automatically?

Like does doing a certain quest give you two generic stat points to spend freely or does it just raise your STR by two points?

I know that in this game you level up by doing sidequests rather than fighting monsters, but how does this affect your stats? Do you chose where they go or are they applied automatically?

Like does doing a certain quest give you two generic stat points to spend freely or does it just raise your STR by two points?

The quests I've finished so far distributes stat points automatically. I'm not sure if that's the same for all quests though since I haven't gotten really far into the game yet.

But from what I've seen, it's really the costumes that Lightning wear that will ultimately decide how strong Lightning is. tongue.gif

I'd imagine that all of the quests would work in pretty much the same way.

How many costumes do you have so far?

I'd imagine that all of the quests would work in pretty much the same way.

How many costumes do you have so far?

I've got sixteen so far. (DLC included)tongue.gif Still got a lot more to collect.

I've heard that the Cloud costume is the best one. Whether I buy it or not will depend on the price.

I've heard that the Cloud costume is the best one. Whether I buy it or not will depend on the price.

Yup! It's really amazing! biggrin.gif

I got mine as a pre-order bonus. Not sure if the other regions gets the costume as a pre-order bonus though.

I'm getting the Samurai set with mine xd.png

I'm hoping that each costume will at least have slightly different stats. I don't just want six different colours of the same one.

I'm getting the Samurai set with mine xd.png

I'm hoping that each costume will at least have slightly different stats. I don't just want six different colours of the same one.

Ah, I see. xd.png

I only got one of the samurai outfits (which is again, a pre-order bonus) so I'm not sure if their stats are all different but at least they look different from each other in terms of design too. XS

It'd be pretty redundant to give players a bunch of costumes that are only different colored variations of the same outfit as you can already re-color costumes in the game. tongue.gif

The collector's edition is Square Enix store exclusive, so, in essence yes. I believe the Aerith costume is also exclusive.

It's not available in the Europe store. Oh well. I'm happy with what I am getting happy.gif

I wish I could find out if X/X-2 is going to be a pack or not for the Vita.

It's not available in the Europe store. Oh well. I'm happy with what I am getting happy.gif

I wish I could find out if X/X-2 is going to be a pack or not for the Vita.

I heard X/X-2 will be sold separately for the Vita. However, Square Enix will also release a 2-in-1 retail pack of the PlayStation Vita version of the game which will include Final Fantasy X HD Remaster on a Vita game card, and a download voucher for Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster.

That's not so bad. Probably depend on the price.

I only really want FFX, but if I can get FFX-2 thrown in too somehow I'll go for that.

Been enjoying 14 for a while now. It's the first MMO I've played regularly since Ultima Online. For the most part the user base is friendly and helpful, but you do get the occasional stinker.

Does anyone else play at all here?

I, as a fellow Final Fantasy Freak, think the best one is Final Fantasy VII. You know, the one with Vincent Valentine. He's awesome. Also, the games with Cloud Strife are all good. Though, one would think that Cloud would have constant and chronic back pain. FFX-2 SUCKED! Anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

Well shoot, I collect FF games. I like pretty much all of them, save for a few.

My favourite is FFVII for reasons. I dunno, I just really enjoyed it. A lot. And it wasn't even my first Final Fantasy game. :U

My second close favourite is FFXII. Much Fran.<3 And I think that's the only FF game that had me playing for well up to 400+ hours. I'm still playing it, even. Haha. Haven't even gotten to Yiazmat yet (and I don't really want to, oh God). The whole political part of the game made it really enjoyable to me-- it was more than just "bad guy tries to destroy world ohnoes."

I didn't care for FFXIII or FFVIII very much. XIII was mostly just (really, really) pretty graphics with some rather cliche character personalities, and the whole "ilu so much stay with me 4ever" thing of VIII really turned me off. x'D

I played the demo for lightning Returns last night. It was pretty good. I found the new stagger bar a little confusing, but other than that the new combat system is pretty fun.

My copy of the game came on Saturday so I've been playing it on and off for the last two days. I'm nearly at the end of day two.

I've managed to pick up the new combat system pretty quickly. I was slightly confused when I played the demo but now that I've been able to have a proper go I've been able to work out what is going on. I've figured out how to stagger enemies properly (got the trophy for it already), although to be honest I think they could have stuck with the old orange bar. It was a lot simpler and easier to keep track of.

My favourite garb is Nocturne. To be honest it looks and feels more like Lightning's style than Equilibrium. I dumped that the moment I could. The only adornment I have bothered with so far is to put cat ears on Electronica.

I've enjoyed all the mini-quests I've done so far (nothing has been particularly annoying) and the Moogle Hunt was adorably hilarious. I like how Lightning interacts with many of the quest givers, especially the stupid ones xd.png

Chocobo riding is fun. You can go pretty much anywhere in the Wildlands on one (although I haven't been right up to the North end of the map yet).

My one peeve is the clock. I get that they want the whole 'end of the world is ticking closer' thing, but it moves a little too fast for my taste. I'm using the Chronostasis ability to stop time every chance I get so I have enough time to beat the side quest I'm on. I'm not very good at planning ahead and sometimes I need to cross right back across the map to pick up something or talk to someone I forgot or didn't know about before. If you miss a jump or go the wrong way you get annoyed about the waste of time. Chronostasis doesn't give you very long either. I hope I come across an accessory or something at some point that awards more EP (needed for Chronostasis) after a fight.

It's not a big issue, but I miss being able to wander about and look at stuff. I'm always rushing around somewhere smile.gif

Edited by Fortune86

FFX-2 SUCKED! Anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

How about no. FFX-2 has the best battle system of the entire franchise, it was the pinnacle of the ATB system and to claim that that aspect of the game sucked is nothing short of ridiculous. Criticize the plot and characterization all you want, because those are legitimate complaints, but there is PLENTY in the game that is quite fun and challenging, it isn't all bad by any stretch of the imagination. I have to wonder how much of the extensive content people have actually explored when they try to make out like FFX-2 was crap from top to bottom.

SO excited for the X/X-2 HD remasters. Gonna preorder it next week when I get the money. I've heard mixed opinions about the changes thus far, but mostly I'm just SO incredibly happy I'll finally get to play the International version, use the expert sphere grid, fight the Dark Aeons, and so on. So, so, so pumped for that.