Hiei101

Final Fantasy

I am too, it's got me hyped for a PS4. I'm glad Square Enix didn't cancel XIII Versus, I thought that was the case when it fell out of the news.

I got to say, I love the look of the monsters in the game, like the Behemoths. And the Iron Giants look awesome too.

I wonder what (if any) summons are going to be included?

Leviathan looks way too big to be allowed D:

Hahaha. Went to GameStop and bought FF IV, the remake for DS.

I reeaally like it, but I can't defeat the Dark Elf!

No it's NOT easy.

My party is around 24-29, so I SHOULD be able to beat him. I even silenced him, i berserked Yang, I hasted everyone, I covered Cid, but guess what? Cid and Tellah just died, and then when the freaking dragon used dark breath Yang died, so I phoenix downed him and then hi potioned him and he died AGAIN.

Help?

Did you talk to Edward before you left Troia? If not you will never beat the Dark Elf. Never.

I'm playing FFIII myself at the moment. My team is roughly at level 33 and I've just had the Nautilus enchanted for underwater travel. No idea if my progress is any good or not xd.png

I'm also going for the Treasure Hunter trophy on FFXIII and trying to farm for traps/ingots from the Adamantoise in Eden. I'm using Vanille's Death spell, but I'm not doing so well. My hit rate is rubbish and my drops poor. Any tips?

I'm playing FFIII myself at the moment. My team is roughly at level 33 and I've just had the Nautilus enchanted for underwater travel. No idea if my progress is any good or not xd.png

I haven't touched my III in months but that sounds about right. I had to stop after being stuck on Odin for days. I'd have to restart to pick up the story again.

What D:

FF iv mustbe easier if my team is higher.

Well actually I'm always overlevelled

Thing is, on the ds remake, I just battle. No strategy. So I usually just attack without Shell or Protect, which is why I usually fail even though my team is like 5-10 levels over the boss.

I want to find the last crystal soonish so I can raise my HP via the black belt. I've just picked up the dream lady, so how far am I away from it?

Once my HP is at a decent level I am going after Odin xd.png

In other news....

HUZZAH!

Finally got the Treasure Hunter Trophy for FFXIII! I got the platinum! I got 100%

*yays*

My favorite Final fantasy game is 5. It was my first one, and so far, no other game has come close to it in terms of gameplay. Its storyline might be a bit cliched, but that just makes it funnier.

So it's been cornfirmed that Yeul and Caius are in FFXIII:LR.

Happy. I would have been so annoyed if they had just been dropped.

EDIT:

I did it! I did it!

I beat FFIII! *huzzahs*

The final dungeon was a doozy. I started getting sleepy about two thirds of the way through. Sucks that there were no save points, but I did it happy.gif

Edited by Fortune86

I'm playing 7 (finally) and oh my the crossdressing mission. (Cloud is canonically a super hot lady who fooled even Tifa so great)

But screw the inconsistent button setups I'm so used to X=confirm/O=cancel and it's messing me up. Also don't like that you don't control when you limit break. And Materia seems really...inefficient? Maybe it's just because I'm at the beginning.

Some of these dialogue options make Squall seem downright chipper though like damn.

Don't worry, he improves. Cloud has some of the best character development I've ever seen. I forget how 7 was able to get away with the inconsistent button designations, but there was a loophole somehow.

I'm pretty sure you can in either the Options or Config menu, most likely in Config.

OMG. Just. OMG.

Just checked out Siliconera for the daily posts and I just learned that Cid Raines will be back in FF:Lightning Returns! I am so happy. Like, so so happy. wub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

I changed it in Config

but now I was sort of used to the backwards way so I accidentally switch them up sometimes whoops.

I think I already lost the thread of the story and I'm still on disc 1 of 3 double whoops.

Following a guide so I got all the side characters so far and I'm withholding judgement on them for now because some seem so popular and I'm like "????" but then, 1 of 3 so.

ETA my brother also found the color changer a little while ago so I'm rocking a weird diagonal rainbow looking thing on the menus 8D

Edited by NixAyum

That's the problems with video games, you spend so long playing one game that when you switch to another with different controls you make loads of mistakes. Then just as you get it down you move onto another game...lol

I think Vincent was my favourite of the optional party members. Didn't have a lot of love for Yuffie.

On to Disc 2 wheee. Did I lose any Materia equipped to Aeris when Sephiroth killed her? I think I did. What was the one in her hair that took like five minutes to fall into the water? What is Cloud's DEAL with being mind controlled??

I want more of the optional characters but my brother that likes to watch me play insists I make Barret one of the party members all the time. And like, he's ok, but I want to hear more from the other people. But maybe not Cid, he's too...abrasive? for me. Maybe I'll replay later with different parties, the Materia system makes things pretty flexible even if I still don't really like it.

You do not lose any materia equipped to Aeris, upon her death it is automatically sent back to your inventory.

You do however lose any weapons, armor or accessories she had on her, but you can pick those back up in disc three.

The materia she had in her hair is a plot device. Aeris got it from her mother but the party never gets to use it. Remember it though, it becomes important later.

And do mean mean 'deal' as in why he has such an attitude about it or how he is so easily controlled? or both?

Cith Sith all the way o3o

Okay lol. I wasn't exactly keeping tabs on everything.

I figured it was some kinda important since it got so much attention in the scene.

And the whole deal I guess? I think I was wondering more why he was being controlled in the first place. I'm still sort of confused on that, even though I'm about halfway through D2 (getting the third huge materia).

I'm shoehorning in Vincent and Tifa whenever I can. I think I literally only used Cait Sith in the one scripted battle or something.

I used three parties. My first party was Cloud, Tifa, and Nanaki, my second party consisted of Cloud, Nanaki, and Cid, and my third party was Cloud, Vincent, and Cid. Cid is one of my favorite characters, I came to appreciate him more the longer I played, so he's always in my party. smile.gif

Edited by purpledragonclaw

Cloud can be mind controlled because prior to the start of the game he was experimented on and injected with Jenova cells. Since Sephiroth can control these cells Cloud and several other poor saps who have had similar things done to them can be controlled by him. However, Cloud, via the power of friendship eventually manages to break away from Sephiroth's grip.

So Lightning Returns will be out in less than a month. Is anyone else planning on getting it?

I have my copy on pre-order, but given that I'm going for the cheaper delivery option I probably won't be able to start playing until the next weekend.