Hiei101

Final Fantasy

Well. I shall just have to make sure that nobody dies ever. And that I grind to the max lol.

So close to the end! It's a dozen or so minor boss battles and then 4 forms of Ultimecia and the castle is confusing as hell but equip No Enc and have 3 people set up to fight and you should be fine. Takes a while though.

Why stop? The good stuff comes after. (I love X.) Zanarkand is so pretty and then there's the Yunalesca and Sin fights and hunting for Ultimate Weapons. Did you play X-2?

tongue.gif Yeah, I know all about the encounters in Ultimecia's castle, I used to watch my dad play all of the FF games (and would solve the puzzles/boss strats that he couldn't, in some)

I haven't played X-2, or anything after that aside from FFXI (original MMO one)

Main reason for not playing the ones past X, is...Ehh...Well...After playing XI for the better part of a year, and being STUCK at level 35 on a WHITE MAGE for months...~_~ I'd rather stick to the ones that hold sentimental value for me, which are 1 through 10.

I say sentimental value, because these, and the other games I listed, are all games I grew up playing with my dad. We lost him almost 8 years ago (8 years on March 29th this year, the day before my B-day), and it's probably a poor excuse not to branch out and try other games under the same title, but it's just how I am.

Granted, I do play other games that he never did, but they're few and far between.

Okay...Lightning is now apparently serving Bhunivelze and working as The Liberator. Her new job is to help souls transfer to the new world (after the old one is destroyed).

I though Bhunivelze was the big bad? I thought we were supposed to be saving the world? What?

I think it's completely possible for me to platinum FF13 considering I don't have cable or internet at home. That is what I do when I can't do anything new. u_u

I understand this game so much more now, though. Originally a friend gave it to me because he hated it (most friends give me their unwanted Final Fantasies, I guess because I'm capable of beating them) and I didn't like it at first, but I gave it a second chance and now the cast (sans Hope) has grown on me. Especially Lightning. I bought a silk poster of her. ohmy.gif

I got nearly every FFXIII trophy save for the all item one and the plat. I really don't have the patience to grind ages for items that have such a low chance of dropping, especially as I have already maxed out all my characters.

I like that some of the trophies give us a free PS3 wallpaper. I guess there are some other games that do this, but they don't make you work for it first.

Have you maxed all the characters out in all the paradigm classes? I've wondered what it would be like to have do someone else's job, even if it's an awful idea. Like making Snow a medic or Lightning a Sentinel.

I like that some of the trophies give us a free PS3 wallpaper. I guess there are some other games that do this, but they don't make you work for it first.

Have you maxed all the characters out in all the paradigm classes? I've wondered what it would be like to have do someone else's job, even if it's an awful idea. Like making Snow a medic or Lightning a Sentinel.

Some of them are just worse suited for it. They don't all get the same abilities.

Lightning's new costume for FFXIII:LR

user posted image

Thoughts?

I really don't like this. I loved her first look, the second was alright but this is kind of horrible in my opinion :/ The cloaky kind of bit is alright but the black chestpiece is just bleh.

Like Deadly said some are worse suited for it, but it can be useful to max out all roles. Apart from the stat increases (like health), there are other bonuses. For example having someone switch to sentinel increases their defence regardless of whether they are defending or not. It might not be by a lot, but switching to Tortoise (three sentinels) can sometimes be the only way to survive the nastier attacks in the game, especially those used by the optional bosses.

@ HOFD: Thankfully you can switch her costumes in the game.

I just wanted to repost this here about FFXIV >.>

Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone had gotten a beta invite for this game and wanted to share their thoughts! And if you didn't get a beta sharing your feelings or worries etc. ^.^

My fiance and I were lucky enough to get a beta invite for this game and have been playing every weekend so far. It's been pretty fun and interesting to say the least! We both played FFXIV a while ago, back when it was pretty...'eh,' and I don't remember too much but so far it does seem better than before. At least this time because I at least have an interest in playing it, lol. There really is something for everybody in it so far, I can't wait to see what else gets released!

If anyone is interested we just launched a junkies website trying to keep up on the latest info on the game here: Final Fantasy XIV Junkies For new players and veterans alike.

I've always been a fan of the final fantasy games, though I've never personally played Final Fantasy XI...the computer I had at the time just wasn't going to be able to run it, lol.

Anyone seen or played the new FFXIV? Please share your thoughts!

How do online games like this work? Do I have to pay a monthly fee to play online or do I just have to buy/pay for the disc?

Caved and got FF7 (old, I know, but I heard it's a classic). Anyone have any good online guides?

Those done by Alex on GameFAQs tend to be quite good. I'm following one for FFVI at the moment.

I just wanted to repost this here about FFXIV >.>

Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone had gotten a beta invite for this game and wanted to share their thoughts! And if you didn't get a beta sharing your feelings or worries etc. ^.^

My fiance and I were lucky enough to get a beta invite for this game and have been playing every weekend so far. It's been pretty fun and interesting to say the least! We both played FFXIV a while ago, back when it was pretty...'eh,' and I don't remember too much but so far it does seem better than before. At least this time because I at least have an interest in playing it, lol. There really is something for everybody in it so far, I can't wait to see what else gets released!

If anyone is interested we just launched a junkies website trying to keep up on the latest info on the game here: Final Fantasy XIV Junkies For new players and veterans alike.

I've always been a fan of the final fantasy games, though I've never personally played Final Fantasy XI...the computer I had at the time just wasn't going to be able to run it, lol.

Anyone seen or played the new FFXIV? Please share your thoughts!

I've been playing since Phase 1 alongside my friend. He's one of those legacy status members who actually played the game right up until its ending haha.

It's actually significantly better, like so far I am beyond impressed at how they improved it.

Square realized they screwed up and they have more than compensated for that.

I can't wait until Phase 3 starts, since then we can actually go to the other regions.

The dungeon running is solid, the controller commands are smooth.

The game is so far really well done.

How do online games like this work? Do I have to pay a monthly fee to play online or do I just have to buy/pay for the disc?

I guess no one wants to answer?

I guess no one wants to answer?

You need to buy the game and then pay a monthly subscription. At least that's how many MMORPG's work. I'm not sure if FF14 is free to play or not.

Thanks.

I probably won't be able to play it then. Money is a bit tight at the moment so it's easier to save up little by little for a while and then buy something all in one go.

It's about 15 or so dollars per month to play.

But if you're interested in trying it out for a little bit perhaps, they have open beta in the future which is free.

Edited by MURDERcomplexx

I think that's about £10 for me. I can't muster together that much on a regular basis T-T

Oh well. I have other games.

I just had a story to relate about ffxiii, and I wasn't sure where to put it other than here. My friend and I were playing it and in one battle, at the end, it basically zoomed in on fang's crotch and stayed there for the remainder of the battle results pages. It was so funny I wish we could have gotten a screenshot of it. He said that had never happened to him before, lol:P.

I finally beat FFVI!

Not as awesome as everyone made it out to be.