Hiei101

Final Fantasy

I'm trying to mop up the missions in FFXIII as well. Currently working my way through the Titan's Trials.

Vanille's Death Spell does not like me D:

I'm trying to mop up the missions in FFXIII as well. Currently working my way through the Titan's Trials.

Did you try equiping Vanille with the Belladonna Wand? It helps improve the rate of her Saboteur abilities working.

Yes.

I've also equipped items to boost her magic, cast faith on her and had another saboteur cast imperil.

i love the series. i would have to say final fantasy x is my favorite. i havent really played a whole bunch but i played a little bit of final fantasy 9 and it was also good

Same here, but when it does work. Boo yeah!

Just going to play FFIX yesterday, played for about half an hour and during a cut scene it Glitched on me. Grr

Half way through FFVI.

Very, very fun. Probably the best Final Fantasy game overall. It's not my personal favourite but it's probably the most solid game of the lot in my opinion.

Argle.

I'm having trouble with Mission 62. My best score so far is three stars.

Can anyone tell me what the gold watch in FFXIII actually does (I don't have it yet)? Does it double the time or what?

Beat whatshisname in Mission 64 (five stars first time!) and got the gold watch. Tackled 62 again this morning and just laid waste to them. Got me my five star trophy happy.gif

I only have 3 trophies left to get, but I don't think I am going to get two of them. The weapon/accessory one is too much of a grind for me to want to bother with, so that will knock out the platinum too.

Going to try and five star Orphan. Any tips?

Edited by Fortune86

Finally managed to five star Orphan *huzzahs*

The only tropy I need now for FFXIII is the get every item one. I'm not going to bother with it. I love FF, but there is no way I am going to spend another 100+ hours farming just for that.

I love the final fantasy series, though my favorite by far is FF VII

Same as him, all related with FF VII is awesome, and Crisis Core with Zack is so...♥

Been trawling the internet for LR stuff. So far the concept art I've found dotted around the place looks fantastic.

Could wish for a little more info on the battle system though.

Edit: OBTW, for those still interested, there is going to be a conference in January where SE show off a new character for Versus and some new in game footage.

Edited by Fortune86

Argh, Final Fantasy. <333 We have pretty much all the games starting from the very first one(my older brothers and I are kind of on the collector side of things. The oldest is 25 and still loves this game, fff.) My favorite to date is XII and always will be, but I adore the XIII line. There's not really a bad thing I can say about 13 because I view FF games as whole pieces of work - I don't fret about a single character not having enough facetime, or the ending just being.. "wtf?" As a writer I can appreciate the shrewd style the creators have put into this game. I can't wait for the new one, gah.

I recently started playing Tactics Advanced over, and found my A2, so I'm really very pleased about that. xd.png They're my favorite spinoffs so far.

Been trawling the internet for LR stuff. So far the concept art I've found dotted around the place looks fantastic.

Could wish for a little more info on the battle system though.

Edit: OBTW, for those still interested, there is going to be a conference in January where SE show off a new character for Versus and some new in game footage.

As far as I know, Square Enix hasn't actually confirmed that.

Finally beat FFV *huzzahs*

On the whole it was a nifty little game, although some of the AP grinding did my head in. I made sure every character learned every job except Mime and Red Mage, because I didn't know how to get the first and the AP cost for the later was stupid.

Hit the final dungeon with everyone as Freelancers, supped up on the powers of their learned jobs. Didn't take too long to take down the final boss lol.

Will probably try for FFIII next when I have moneys. Nix, I shall be pelting you with questions o3o

Edited by Fortune86

Lightning's new costume for FFXIII:LR

Thoughts?

She's gone from dull to outright fashion challenged. o_o; Never thought I'd miss her old look.

Will probably try for FFIII next when I have moneys. Nix, I shall be pelting you with questions o3o

lol

I'm stuck on Odin and have been for like...weeks or maybe months. I haven't played much. I feel like I got stuck and have grinded (ground?) like ten levels and still can't beat him.

And then school and playing other games happened so. >>

Yeah, but you'll get me through the first ten minutes right?

Right?

It might be a while before I get my hands on it though. I got Virtue's Last Reward for Christmas and Persona 4 Golden is coming out in February so I'll have my hands full gamewise.

You can't buy Phoenix Downs anywhere ever. Farm them on the first mountain.

I died like five times the first time I played and did the first dungeon like 4 times.

The classes are good, but I'm more a "spam attack what is strategy ok I guess I'll have one healer" player. It's got a good variety if you like that.

I never buy stuff anyway. I refuse to spend my precious, precious Gil unless I really have to xd.png

What is healing like? Can you rest at inns okay?

...*sees how many pages this topic has*...Why did I not join the forums sooner?

Oh god..The progress list....WELL. Here it goes, and yes I do actually have all of these/have been playing them the last few weeks, alongside other great games.

FF IV (DS) - Halfway through my second play-through on the DS, hoping to actually finish the Namingway and Tail Collector side-quests this time. This time around, it's Rosa's turn for awesome caster augments, Rydia turned into a total beast during the first play-through. MP+50%, Dualcast, Fast-talker...<3 So much love for Rydia.

FF V - Ugh...Sitting in the Karnak jail...For the sixth time since buying the game?

FF VI - Cleared the game three times, just goofing off in the bonus tower, since the dragon's den has been cleared.

FF VII - Chocobo racing, because I refuse to go after Sephy for the umpteenth time.

FF VIII - e_e My brother is borrowing the discs...He's several states away. Left off right before Ultimecia's Castle.

FF IX - >_>; I dug up all my Chocographs, and I can fly without having to go through the hassle of getting an actual airship now~ Yay buggy game.

FF X - Left off right after saving Yuna from her 'little' wedding ceremony with Seymour

I -do- have FF 1 2, and 3, but....Ehh....1 I've completed, 2 I don't particularly care for....3....3 I need to -actually- sit down and try in earnest one of these days, first few hours I tried it I didn't exactly care for it. I blame that water dragon...*eyetwitch*

My nephew has XIII, but I personally haven't played it :/

Between all of these FF games, I play Chrono Trigger for the DS, Breath of Fire 1 and 2 for the GBA, Breath of Fire 3 and 4 on my PS.....xd.png nd Secret of Mana for the OLD Sega system, yeah...I am a gamer at heart. When I'm not gaming, I'm on my laptop writing fantasy stories with a similar feel to the games I love. Usually medieval settings, sometimes magic...And in the case of one of my projects, dragons. <3 BoF fanfic, which I could easily imagine as a part of the original trilogy. (If anyone is interested in reading this, or some of my other stuff, PM me, I've got them all posted on my own site :3)

I never buy stuff anyway. I refuse to spend my precious, precious Gil unless I really have to xd.png

What is healing like? Can you rest at inns okay?

Ahaha no.

Inns don't revive. There's like one little spring building in each town that will fully restore you, but it might not revive any KO'd people.

The MP system is weird, more like the 1 MP=1 cast system from KH1, only with levels of magic. You /can/, however, mass-cast on your whole party for the transforming and healing spells and it only costs the one MP.

Huh. That sucks. What about life magic? You can learn that at some point yes?

Yes.

Idr but it might be capable of missing and it does take a while to get.

And as you get later in the game some of the monsters get to attack twice a turn, so that's fun.

FF VIII - e_e My brother is borrowing the discs...He's several states away. Left off right before Ultimecia's Castle.

FF X - Left off right after saving Yuna from her 'little' wedding ceremony with Seymour

So close to the end! It's a dozen or so minor boss battles and then 4 forms of Ultimecia and the castle is confusing as hell but equip No Enc and have 3 people set up to fight and you should be fine. Takes a while though.

Why stop? The good stuff comes after. (I love X.) Zanarkand is so pretty and then there's the Yunalesca and Sin fights and hunting for Ultimate Weapons. Did you play X-2?