Hiei101

Final Fantasy

I got a black chocobo on my first try. Just charge up all your feral links and use them on the bird at the beginning. Hopefully, you can charge the feral link up again and use it. EVerytim you use it, it adds a 5 percent chance to gt it. it's base rate is 15%.

I know the feral link trick, but it just isn't working for me D:

Didn't get a white chocobo either T-T

Huh.. If you can get the Capture Rate up wiyth hte fragment skill you could always do that.

I just wanted to pop in and say, while I haven't played many of the Final Fantasies, FFX really subdued me. I absolutely loved it. (Not so much the second one.) I can't say I've cried many a time before because of a game, but this is probably the first one I ever did.

Huh.. If you can get the Capture Rate up wiyth hte fragment skill you could always do that.

I'm going to try that and then go after the last available fragment for the stage of the game I'm at.

Dymetreus, all Final Fantasy games will most likely get a tear or two out of you. The sadest things happen in those gaes like your favorite character dying, a sad backstory, or maybe a touching moment between two best buddies (Cloud and Zack~).

Also, I think you get that Fragment Skill by beating the Archylete Steppe bosses. You've probably done that already though since you maxed out Serah and Noel. I myself just finished Sazh's downloadable chapter and I'm so happy to have him as a 'Monster' xd.png It always cracks me up to put the Afro and Chick adornment on him xd.png Also, what were your impressions on Noel? Did you like him or no?

I have one more of those bosses to beat, but I can't remember which one. Either the stormy or cloudy weather one.

Either way, it's the one the guide recommends a strong SAB for, hence my search for a Black Chocobo.

Got the black, going after a white for the full set.

Noel? I quite like him. He looks like he has really soft hair though. I keep wanting to touch it xd.png

I keep meaning to ask this, but have any of you got duplicate crystals?I have three blue chocobos, two green and two yellows.

I agree! Noel's hair always looks so soft as does Cauis's hair. It's just like so much better than the girls' hair...

But yeah, a regular Chocobo has a 100% capture rate and you can get multiple crystals. I don't think there's a limit so I usually catch whatever I can. You have no idea how bummed I was when i saw there was no trophy for collecting all of the monster fragments.

I just want to touch Caius o3o

Oh really? I didn't know that yellows where that easy to catch. I need to fight some more to complete my bestiary so I'll end up with an army of them xd.png

I wish you could ride your own Chocobo rather than rent one, but I guess you can't have everything.

I know and I don't like the other chocobos. Rambunctious i think. THey're really anoyying and force me to carry a large amount of ghasyl greens. But as for Caius... I loved him. He was the bad guy that isn't really the bad guy. I won't say anymore about him yet since you haven't finish the game xd.png

If yo uask me, Square ENix improved a lot from the orginal XIII. But for whatever reasons, people are still complaining about small things such as the fact that some parts are narrated. So what if you don't like the story line? Some people do, like myself.

You mean the parrot coloured ones? I don't like them either. The way they move and the sounds they make makes me think they are going to attack D:

I'm just happy that Vanille isn't in it (much), although from what I understand she appears briefly at some point.

I wish there was more Lightning in the game though. If they make another game in the same universe she had better be in it as a proper playable character without any of this DLC nonsense.

I've gotten her as DLC and recruited her. I don't really mind.

But yeah, Vanielle is in one scene owards the end.

D:

Lightning is my second favourite FF character ever. I'm so annoyed I can't have her on my team.

She's just a 'monster' though right? Doesn't take part in cut scenes and what not?

She does qualify as a monster. Lightning only appears in cutscenes from the game and then whatever comes with the DLC which is a few half-way battle scenes and then a scene before and after the fight

I take you mean the fight against her?

Also, what role does she take? Ravanger?

Yes, I meant the fight with Lightning. And I haven't used her in battle yet so I'm not sure which role she has. But I'm guessing it would be Ravanger or Commando.

Wha? You have Lightning and haven't used her in battle? D:

*grabby hands*

Finally got a white chocobo this morning. That leaves only gold now happy.gif

Will try for the last Steppe fragment later and then get on with the plot.

Edit: Okay, knowing I will never see any of the DLC otherwise, I had a quickl look around.

Chocolina. Mind blown.

Edited by Fortune86

The Chocolina thing could've been deduced from reading the Fragment info without DLC, but I haven't run into anyone else mentioning that...

Lightning is a Ravager.

I figured as much that she was actually a Chocobo, but I didn't realise she was the same chick (no pun intended) that Sazh wore in his hair throughout the first game.

Awesome. That was her primary role when I used her in the first game happy.gif

IKR? Isn't that the weirdest thing ever? It was eluded to through the Chocobo Chick Fragment in Serendipity but didn't think it was true!

Online retailer play.com accidentally leaked some not yet announced games for the Western market. One of them is Final Fantasy Type-0 HD for the Vita.

Now we know why we hadn't heard about Type-0 Western version since it was announced. SE was waiting for the Vita to hit Western shores.

Considering sales have been awful do you think that maybe there's still a slight chance of at least a PSN Type-0 for us? Please say yes TT^TT.

Yay for Vita version o3o

Anyway, just taken on the last Steppe monster.

That was a horrible fight and I never want to do it again. Good thing I got all the bestiary info.

NOOO NOT THE VITA!!!!! Now I have to buy it! Damn... Well, at least now I can by The Golden... Oh well..

I finally found the last wild artifact ad unlocked Oerba 400 AF

That's a very good plan Fallen. I take it you know about the EP remake?

Farm for materials or get on with the story? Decisions decisions....

Farm? It's usually better to farm when you're in the mood than getting to a point when you really need to do it but don't feel like it.

I haven't gotten enough mileage out of my PSP yet! And I don't wanna buy a 250~300€ portable console that still has so little good titles PLUS 20~50€ for a memory card that only works on it.

Think there's any chance of a price cut soon like the 3DS?