Hiei101

Final Fantasy

lol @ the ruins, the answer may never be known.

hurray! I just finished FF VII Crisis Core, it was really good. Made me all teary at the end. Though going through and completing 84% of all the missions was defiently NOT worth it.

I got nothin' except some pheonix downs I never used hehe

Edited by chaos-kaiser

So according to /u/ there's some serious f/f subtext (supertext? maybe just TEXT) between Fang and Vanille in FFXIII. This pleases me very much.

I'm playing through FF13 right now and really enjoying it. I think that the one thing it's going to be criticised for, though, is how linear it is - you really do just run down a one-way path and fight battle after battle, watching cutscene after cutscene. I don't know if this will change, of course - I am only 15 or so hours in.

Some of the battles can be really, really difficult as well. I'm sure people who play FF a lot will understand how if you level up and fight often there's next to no chance that you'll get a game over during a "regular" random battle - this really isn't the case in 13. If Lightning dies, it's game over even if other party members are alive. Regular monsters will gang up on one character, and if Lightning happens to be the only healer in that party (which does happen, since the game picks what roles you can assign to which members, and your party itself) her healing moves can be interrupted by being attacked and she will very quickly get KO'd. 8D

However, all that said I'm a lot more drawn to the characters and the story than I ever was in 12. It's been a while since I felt a real drive to push through a story in a FF game (the last being X, really). It's nicely paced and presented, the characters and story are interesting and inventive, and of course it looks bleeding beautiful.

OMG I LOVE!!!!!! tongue.gif the final fantasy series, they are totaly AWSOME!!!!! I dont pesonaly hav a fav but sephiroth and cloud are totaly my fav characters!!! I LOVE THEM laugh.gif

So according to /u/ there's some serious f/f subtext (supertext? maybe just TEXT) between Fang and Vanille in FFXIII. This pleases me very much.

'scuse me, but

EEEEEEEEE!

They're from the same tribe/region/village, right? I mostly heard the Vanille shows a lot of "concern" for Fang... hopefully this is given actual attention.

Does anyone know where I can (or will be able to) get a poster/print of this?

Because I really really want one..

Or for that matter, any Final Fantasy official posters?

Does anyone know where I can (or will be able to) get a poster/print of this?

Because I really really want one..

Or for that matter, any Final Fantasy official posters?

I did a quick Amazon search and got this set of two. I'm sure a general Google search would yield more results.

Why not check places like Ebay, Amazon, and craigslist for older FF posters? If they're not coming out right now, there's probably some floating around for cheap.

i believe kingdom hearts is better,well both of them are awesome games...smile.gifhappy.gif

???????

I could not comprehend that. Final Fantasy has 13 games, not including Sequels/Prequels/Spinoffs.

And.... For Lightning dying all the time... Well, I haven't played but I've watched a couple playthroughs. Wouldn't it be better to just make a defender/healer setup for the AI's when you're in trouble, and just keep hacking away with Lightning?

Those posters look neat. o:

I haven't played the game at all, but I want to. I've been surfing the FF wikia lately, and it seems interesting. I want to get FFVII so I can (hopefully) play it on my PS2. I also want Dirge of Cerberus. That looks cool, too.

I haven't played the game at all, but I want to. I've been surfing the FF wikia lately, and it seems interesting. I want to get FFVII so I can (hopefully) play it on my PS2. I also want Dirge of Cerberus. That looks cool, too.

FF7 is the king of the old saga Final Fantasies. I count the old saga as all FF's before the bulk of the game was HQ 3D

FF8 set the stage for the modern saga. and sadly with the exception of FF10 no FF has been as good as 8. Though I still feel 8 was better than 10.

If I had to pic best overall. In all honesty 8 wins...However if FF7 is ever actually remade, it will be an instant and immortal gaming classic. No questions asked

waiting for reviews on FF13. looks good but has some apparent frailties that I want to here some information on before I drop the hammer

Edited by Demonshadow88

Ooh, those posters are pretty.. *bookmarks for time when money is available*.

FF7's story is great, but the gameplay drives me nuts. The graphics and music are both fine. I agree, if they remade it for the PS3 or something, with HQ graphics, better gameplay, AC music.. it would be amazing. I think that the only thing lacking in 7 is gameplay, and a remake might solve that.

Haven't played 8.. though hopefully I will eventually.

9 is my all time favorite video game. I love it to pieces, and have trouble finding a single fault in it. Except that the battle load times are still ridiculously long. But I'm probably a little biased toward it...

10.. I really liked it, but I'm not sure why everybody else seems to love it. I mean, the story was great.. but seemed kind of short, the gameplay wasn't that exciting... the constant voice acting was annoying (not in cutscenes, but in battles and stuff).. Blitzball was a really hard to understand minigame. Oh well, to each his own. right? :3

11 I haven't played. Probably never will, though it would be fun.

12 I also love. I haven't finished it yet, but I really like the story, even when it is hard to understand. The battle system I also love.. and wonder how anyone else can honestly miss the old one. I mean, it's almost the same system - except faster, with gambits, and without load times between battles. You still have to think about gambits and stuff, and in boss fights you often have to preform other actions not in your gambits. Plus, Quickening Chains are love. They are so fun to do (even though I'm terrible at it..)

13 I'm looking forward to playing.. in about 4 years when I have money to buy a PS3, it, and Versus.

I'm stuck in 8. I think I have to restart the whole game and try to do it better now. >.>

VII - Loved. First FF, but I plaed KH before that. Wasn't impressed to see Aerith there. Killed myself when I realized she died in her own game o.o. Materia killed me, but I loved the game. smile.gif Finished all bosses

VIII - Very cute. Loved the story and the characters. Triple Triad was difficult to understand, and EVERYONE was after my precious Squall card >_> but I almost have the complete set. I wanted to go after Omega just to finish everything, but I had to go back to disc 3 just because I missed doing something to make the boss battle easier.

IX - Only seen a little of it and haven't played it. It looks really nice though happy.gif'

X - Loved the graphics on that one. I AM THE BLITZBALL CHAMPION! MUAHAHAHA! Getting the Celestial weapons was very hard! I NEVER EVER want to get Tidus' weapon AGAIN! The Aeons were the best summon-type cratures in all of Final Fantasy IMHO. Couldn't stand to watch them die T_T

X-2 - Haven't finished it. It's a bit.......feminine....o.o idk....I want to finish it before completley writing it off...the dresspheres are kinda fun though....trying to get them all

XI/XII - Haven't Played

Crisis Core - NOOOOOOOOOOO! I DON'T WANT TO SEE THE ENDING! >.< I KNOW WHAT'S SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN, BUT I DON'T WANT TO SEE IT!!!!!!!!!! *runs away*

Dirge of Cerberus - Made me dizzy with the spinning camera. @_@ people....all....around....shooting....everywhere...... bearly played through the main story...couldn't get through the special missions. but Vincent is sooo cute. His Chaos form in that game is much better than in the original FFVII

I'm a Final Fantasy Freak o.o'

I've played 7 through 12, not including 11. Didn't finish 7 or 9 though. My favorite was 8 since that was the first FF I ever played. I probably made dozens of run-thrus of the game and can still remember where everything pretty much is. Waiting impatiently for 13, my main reason for getting a ps3.

I'm stuck in 8. I think I have to restart the whole game and try to do it better now. >.>

nah 8 is pretty forgiving. Just level for about an hour and find some stronger magics to junction to your stats. Also always check different magic types as Life in elemental defenses will prove far more fruitful than in status defenses.

Just steal the SeeD test answers offline somewhere and make sure to get all the GF's and you can recover from just about any mistake.

and @firewing I am excited for FF13 though if I had a ps3...my main reason for having it would be GT5

nah 8 is pretty forgiving. Just level for about an hour and find some stronger magics to junction to your stats. Also always check different magic types as Life in elemental defenses will prove far more fruitful than in status defenses.

Just steal the SeeD test answers offline somewhere and make sure to get all the GF's and you can recover from just about any mistake.

and @firewing I am excited for FF13 though if I had a ps3...my main reason for having it would be GT5

Leveling doesn't really help you since the enemies level with you.

I'm stuck on Adel and I'm not sure if I can get back out of Lunatic Pandora to do any of that.

I know the enemies level with you, but it still helps or at least for me it always does.

Anyway when junctioning properly your power increases per 10 levels will be more than noticeable among your adversaries. hmm now sorceress adel and Lunatic pandora...disc 3 sometime shortly after the tech city.

Hmm after beating adel I think you get sent to space or something...Either way quite shortly the game is going to be very fast paced and before you know it you will be trapped in ultimecia's universe and her creepy castle. I admit I made that mistake once and yea restarting was the only alternative to 100 percent the game. You can beat the final boss without everything. beating omega weapon though is another story

Adel is at the immediate start of disc 4. I've already been to space and back.

I'm not trying to get everything. I'm trying to beat this damn gave but I don't have good magic to junction and I don't even have a lot of the GFs.

forgive me been about 5 years since I have last played

yea after entering lunatic pendora then you pretty much have thrown down the gauntlet. See if you can make some good magics from the bountiful items you have by now. I know card Mod gives some sick items that can be turned into quakes and ultima's assuming you have those production abilities. It's most likely though that your pretty far into the doom already......Did you at least get doomtrain? hes a half decent hidden GF in which battles of all kinds can become so much easier. The meltdown spell is a good second place to him. I miss this game lol

I've gotten my hands on FFVII, FFVII Dirge of Cerberus, FFX, FFX-2, and FFXII... plus AC. I haven't managed to play VII yet, it won't play on my PS2, so I've had to buy a PS, which isn't here yet... but of the others, I think X is my favorite so far. X-2 is fun, but just doesn't have the intensity of the original, and I'm not a fan of multiple endings..., Dirge was a great ride if you like 1stPOV, shoot-em-up games, which I do, but for some of my friends who don't, it was a real let down. And I really liked XII, especially the level of the graphics. I actually fell in love with the backgrounds, and the design has to be very, very good for that to happen! And the 360 degree view made me extremely happy! One of my main complaints with most games out there is not being able to turn around and look at every angle I want to look at... tongue.gif But X still takes the best spot for me, it just grabbed my attention and didn't let go! I got really into the story and the design and overall finish of the game is one of the main reasons I'm such a Square Enix fan. I totally fell in love with it. I'm really looking forward to playing the others one by one.

Yea ten sure did lay it down....After finishing the sphere grid the game though did become a let down...

Unless you had the international version. Penance was by far FF's most surprising boss fight. Though in ff12 beating Yiazamat was more epic. I took down Yiazamat without intermittent saving in 4 hours. 10 million health...no stops...no heals....I truly needed a life once this boss fight came to fruition