Hiei101

Final Fantasy

I almost didn't buy 10-2 because of the clothes, and after I got it I can barely stand playing it. Fran's lack of clothes also almost turned me off 12.

I suppose it does sell, but for those of us who would rather see females dressed in a little more cool clothes, it is really annoying.

And then there is Kuja.

Oooh yes. Kuja and his infamous manthong.

I'm not sure whether to think it's sexy in a gay sort of way, or to be entirely turned off.

My fav so far is Final fantasy 4 for the DS. I love the story line, although, I wanted to add, why do all of the female characters wear trashy clothes. They look cool, but have you ever REALLY looked at them? I noticed it in the beginning video. Rosa was standing behind Cecil and I thought...she has no pants on...

*brings out DS and puts FF 4 in the slot*

O_o

Because sex sells.

This. :/

I hated the clothes in X-2 I CAN'T COSPLAY THAT ARE YOU NUCKING FUTS?!?!. Would they not freeze to death on Gagazet or something?

This. :/

I hated the clothes in X-2 I CAN'T COSPLAY THAT ARE YOU NUCKING FUTS?!?!. Would they not freeze to death on Gagazet or something?

I know, sometimes the clothes are bad and totally suicidal.

I'd just like to see an RPG where the characters change clothes on a regular basis, skimpy or not. If one exists, I sure as hell haven't played it. I imagine Yuna's kimono must've gotten pretty ripe whilst on her pilgrimage, which is to say nothing of what that Gunner outfit would smell like after a few dozen missions, particularly those carried out under the baking sun in the Bikanel Desert...

People in the FF series hardly ever change clothes (or bathe). They wear the same skimpy rags no matter where they are.

In every FF game (and many others) there is a frozen wasteland type place. Couldn't they at least put on a coat or something?

@Ichi: ...ew, you're right. That's creepy. Though I suppose changing dresspheres would make it clean?

In X, Lulu. I mean, the dress had to be kinda light to be wearing that much black on Besaid, but with the belts I can't imagine offers much protection on say Gagazet. And how in the hell did she stay so dang pale?

Changes of clothes would be somewhat cumbersome to travel with, and different outfits would be more hassle to code and design and all?

...So what happened to the red suit Rikku was wearing in the beginning of X and then stripped off at the Moonflow? o.o

What? They can carry millions of Gil and thousands of items, but not clean underwear?

I just don't know. I imagine Gil is very small and Rikku has...hiding spots. e.e

Items are just another one of those video game things. *shrug*

I know it would take a lot of coding, but it would be nice to see costume changes when you add new/change armour.

They can do it in Baldur's Gate (which IMHO is a bit weak compared to FF), so why not FF?

I don't think I have ever played a game where people changed clothes unless it was for Job changes.

I laughed the whole way through areas of Giruvegan and the mountain place in 12.. poor Fran and Ashe. Bad SquareEnix didn't let them put a cloak or coat on.

In FF12 you had all kinds of different armour, but you never saw and differences in their appearance. I just think it would be a nice touch, even if several pieces of armour all looked the same.

In FF12 you had all kinds of different armour, but you never saw and differences in their appearance. I just think it would be a nice touch, even if several pieces of armour all looked the same.

Yeah.. I liked all the swords and shields though. :3

FF13 will be here soon happy.gif

Amazon has changed it's delivery time from the 22 to the 17!

*dances*

EDIT:

ohmy.gif There is a private seller on Amazon selling a collectors copy of the game for £150! I'm getting mine for a third of that.

Edited by Fortune86

Why are you ordering it off Amazon?

Why not? unsure.gif I got KH:Days off Amazon. *hugs* It usually is pretty cheap, and sometimes you get free shipping.

xd.png Lol, I was just wondering because it tends to take longer. Didn't you say you were getting it on the 17th?

I suppose I'm just the kind of person that has to have a game the day it comes out though.

xd.png Lol, I was just wondering because it tends to take longer. Didn't you say you were getting it on the 17th?

I suppose I'm just the kind of person that has to have a game the day it comes out though.

I only have to have it ordered by the day it comes out. I can wait a few more days to actually get the game.

In X, Lulu. I mean, the dress had to be kinda light to be wearing that much black on Besaid, but with the belts I can't imagine offers much protection on say Gagazet. And how in the hell did she stay so dang pale?

Changes of clothes would be somewhat cumbersome to travel with, and different outfits would be more hassle to code and design and all?

I had a friend who cosplayed Lulu and even in trying to replicate the outfit it was a TON of fabric and belts, definitely not light. It's impractical for just about every location, too hot for Besaid, too cold for Gagazet, and the design itself doesn't exactly obey the laws of physics. As for her pale skin I would say that maybe she stayed inside a lot, but she's been on THREE pilgrimages in her relatively short life, so that's out... just another case of character designers forsaking logic for the sake of BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS!!

Lack of costume changes is certainly a time/money saver, but I suspect a large role is also played by the fact that game designers can be flat-out lazy, and Squeenix in particular is very guilty of this. I mean, just look at the complete lack of effort put into updating Lulu and Wakka's character models in X-2. That and the reusage/palette-swapping of NPC models from FFX to fill in as new side characters (Beclem, Yaibal, etc.) I guess it's seen as "well, we COULD have the characters change clothes, but... why?" Nevermind the fact that it's freaking 2010 and they have the technology. It's one of those little things that game designers don't seem to care much about, but I think would really enhance the realism and immersion in a game. But penny-pinching and laziness will prevail as long as they possibly can at the expense of a more authentic gameplay experience. Don't mind me, I'm just an old curmudgeon lamenting the lack of progress on any non-cosmetic or -hardware front in the gaming world... /grumble grumble.

What? They can carry millions of Gil and thousands of items, but not clean underwear?

It would be easier still to go commando. I have several likely suspects in mind for that...

Why are you ordering it off Amazon?

I won't be able to play it until the following weekend anyway, so it doesn't matter when I get it.

I had a friend who cosplayed Lulu and even in trying to replicate the outfit it was a TON of fabric and belts, definitely not light. It's impractical for just about every location, too hot for Besaid, too cold for Gagazet, and the design itself doesn't exactly obey the laws of physics. As for her pale skin I would say that maybe she stayed inside a lot, but she's been on THREE pilgrimages in her relatively short life, so that's out... just another case of character designers forsaking logic for the sake of BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS!!

/cannot cosplay for lack of boobage ;_;

We really only get one good look at her outfit, when she's angry at Wakka in the beginning, but besides the belts it looked relatively simple. (Oh god no her hair *flails*) But then, I'm not any great seamstress, so I could be wrong. unsure.gif I agree about it being impractical, but... *looks at damn near every outfit in any FF game* Well. Video games aren't exactly known for costumatic (so just made that word up) realism. xd.png I guess her genes or just magic could explain staying pale though?

I liked the continuing of the minor chara's stories in X-2. Lucil <3. Clasko was awesome. Yes, I wish they'd changed their clothes, but it's almost understandable. I doubt the designers would have been pleased, especially after making all the dresspheres and all.../playing Devil's Advocate, still wish they'd changed, shutting up now

I guess her genes or just magic could explain staying pale though?

She is obviously an albino who dies her hair and wears contacts. : D Or she just is too cool to be affect by the sun. Or maybe she carries an invisible umbrella with her everywhere so she never actually gets any sun at all.

Omg her eyes too. ._. I like that they didn't play it up that she has red eyes, but her glare... scary.

No, SHE doesn't carry the umbrella, her doll does. She carries the doll.

Which really makes me wonder where do everyone's weapons and spare weapons go when just walking? Seriously. Is her cleavage some kind of fourth dimension?

Seriously. Is her cleavage some kind of fourth dimension?

You go find out, we'll hold the rope.