Wiz

Went Feral on:

I was looking through a few of my dragons family trees earlier and got to thinking how it would be nice to know how long some of the wild dragons have been, well wild LOL. A line with the other information on the dragons scroll stating Went Feral on: or Went Wild on: would be a nice touch IMHO.

I did a search so I'm sorry if this has been suggested before and I missed it.

Update.

A list of the suggestions for the wording so far.

Original suggestions.

Went Feral on:

Went Wild on:

For those wilds that were born and raised there, simpley have it as "Went Wild: Egg"

I would rather see something like: "Was released on:" or something along those lines ...

How about just saying "Feral as of: ____" with the blank being the date. Then it didn't necessarily "go" that way, it could have been laid that way.

...  or "Wild as of: [date]".

Let me know if I've missed anyone.

Edited by Wiz

Nice idea - I'd like to know too, for the same reasons.

I actually like this idea ^^ This way we know who the new wilds are and such

For those wilds that were born and raised there, simpley have it as "Went Wild: Egg"

Edited by Dolphinsong

I actually like this idea ^^ This way we know who the new wilds are and such

There are dragons that were born and raised in the Wilderness? Wow. See, seeing that on a scroll would fascinate me. biggrin.gif

Edited by Wiz

It would be a nice 'extra'... but I would rather see something like: "Was released on:" or something along those lines ...

It would be a nice 'extra'... but I would rather see something like: "Was released on:" or something along those lines ...

That wording is good too.

I support this! Really neat touch as I trace all my lineage dragons back...random fact, my vine is 7 generations of purebred vine and has his roots (pardon that pun...) in the wilderness.

Anything to make the site more interesting like this I support.

Not all the wild dragons were released. There are a lot in the wilderness that either orginally from the cave/AP pile and were never on a player's scroll and then there are a lot that were laid directly on the wilderness page. Thus the "Released on: blah" would not work but "Went Wild on: blah" would suit better.

I vote for 'Went feral on:'. Feral just seems more appropriate for a dragon that was raised in domesticity and then went wild- I believe that is the more correct usage of the word.

Again I must stress that some of the wilds where NEVER owned by a single person. How can a dragon go feral if its never been tamed in the first place?

How about just saying "Feral as of: ____" with the blank being the date. Then it didn't necessarily "go" that way, it could have been laid that way.

btw the definition of feral works for either going or originating as a wilderness dragon

fe⋅ral /ˈfɪərəl,

–adjective

1. existing in a natural state, as animals or plants; not domesticated or cultivated; wild.

2. having reverted to the wild state, as from domestication: a pack of feral dogs roaming the woods.

3. of or characteristic of wild animals; ferocious; brutal.

I think this is a great idea..I vote for Went wild on:____

I like the phrasing "Feral as of: [date]" or "Wild as of: [date]".

The phrasing "Went Wild on: [date]" makes me think that there'll be a series of racy/shocking DVDs entitled "DRAGONS GONE WILD" forthcoming. xd.png

Yeah, this sounds like a fun idea to me, too. I'd love to know how much of my dragons' wild heritage is based on ancestors being released, as opposed to them actually growing up in the wild!

I prefer the "Feral as of: [date]" or "Wild as of: [date]" options as well. Though -- would something like this be possible? Are those dates remembered, like much of the other info, or has it never been tracked?

The phrasing "Went Wild on: [date]" makes me think that there'll be a series of racy/shocking DVDs entitled "DRAGONS GONE WILD" forthcoming. xd.png

OK that made me LOL for real.

I'm glad everyone is liking the idea. I'm going to update the first post to include everyone's suggestions for the wording.

*snigger*

Dragons Gone Wild 3 - Wild in Washington! I can see it on the top shelf of the video store now...

I like this idea, though. It would certainly be of interest to me to see the release dats of wild dragons in my lineage. It would also let people know wether or not their dragon was bred while they were wild, or before they were released.

And how do you propose that the site behaves in the case of the thousands of dragons currently in the wilderness for which no data is available?

And how do you propose that the site behaves in the case of the thousands of dragons currently in the wilderness for which no data is available?

Assume they were wild from the start? blink.gif though it would look strange if they were part of a lineage .... hmm tricky ...

I would suggest for those either not have a "went feral on" thing at all, or have "date unknown" or something similar.

In which case, for a long time, the chances of seeing a wild dragon with the message would be ridiculously low (Less than 0.01%).

How about

Went Feral: No Known Data

or

Went Feral: Before [insert the date of the start of record keeping].

Though like you say for a long time it would be the main message your saw. Still little acorns ...

And I could see an egg with a wild dragon in its lineage with a 'real' date being very collectible for a while.