undertow

One-Time Solution for Breeding Control

Do you want to customize your breeding list?  

486 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The breedables list sounds neat, but in all honesty, I'd rather have a "non-breedables" list. On that list, I'd put all dragons who have refused each other, and family members and such. Maybe it would be nice to have both lists on a single page, with a page break in between them, and possibly even a different coloured background so a user wouldn't accidently breed the dragon with someone on the "non-breedables" list.

Yes, but what if the first pair a person tries to breed is a refusal? I t should be there when there is at least 2 male and 2 female

Well, we haven't heard anything from TJ, but many people have said that this would take up extra server space and time, so it makes sense for it to only be available to the people who need it. Personally, I have 100+ dragons (which I know isn't a lot compared to many people), and I've never had any trouble remembering what dragons should be bred together, and I've never used notes or a spreadsheet or anything, because I don't have that much time to spend on a game. biggrin.gif But I do agree that it would be a nice feature for those who need it. So basically, I'd certainly use it if I had it, but I don't think I'd be willing to have a lagging cave in exchange for this.

I don't think there would be a 'breedable' or 'non-breedable' list so much as a list where one can check or uncheck dragons to make them appear as possible mates when breeding a dragon. I may not be understanding what you are saying.

As for server space and speed problems, that is a concern and I would love to hear TJ weigh in on whether or not this is even possible. Still, if it is possible, it seems like it would be available for anyone to use or not use as they please. Naturally, those who don't need it, wouldn't use it and the feature would not effect their gameplay.

YES! why is it that good ideas keep on disappearing from the Suggestions section?

Yes oh yes oh yes!

I would love to see this accepted, because let me tell you, I think ALL the time when I was a newbie I inbreed. Makes me embarassed when I look back on it now laugh.gif

So yes, lets do it!

I would like many options for customizing smile.gif My fav would be an option to only display a few dragons that are positioned close to the one being bred. Like, I use Legacy custom sort and there's a male in position 220. If I choose to breed him with a neighbor it would only display females between 210 and 230.

Of course next week I might want to breed with the same-breed only, or some other option.

Omg. Support all the way! I love this idea, and it is perfect! While I don't have 500+ dragons yet, I know that the people who do find the current breeding page tedious and troublesome. This idea seems to be the perfect solution to the current breeding page problems!

Yes - simply because with almost 1000 dragons, I'd like to put quite a few on the pill while I work on some lineages with their friends.... xd.png

What if you could click a checkbox, "Only same breed mates," and it would instantly take many dragons off the list? This would greatly help, I'd think.

Also, when you're organizing it, it should be like our inboxes. You select the dragons you want to add/remove, and click update.

Finally, the list- when you're editing it- should be separated by added/removed dragons, then whatever you sort your scroll by. (You could change the order, of course.)

I love this idea.

It would fix a lot of the problems, be very easy to customize, and help with breeding projects and similar things.

It has my full support! happy.gif

Totally support. I don't have many dragons yet, but even for me this would be very helpful. I also agree with stogucheme, there should be a checkable box that would alow a dragon to breed with only it's own species wink.gif

Yes, please. But with the option to remove all dragons but those you put a check on. Editing out 500+ dragons out of each breeding list (for a user with 1000+ life adult regular dragons) would be hell.

This would be a surefire way to keep me from accidentally breeding one dragon with its child, which I have done before. Support.

While I support the idea, I see that this post was started on 10th June 2009. It would have been implemented by now if it's feasible won't it? unsure.gif

Not necessarily. TJ can only do one thing at a time, and anyway, we're supposed to bump threads if the idea matches with it. smile.gif

I like this idea, that said. It'd be nice to have another way to filter out dragons to make things a little easier.

I like this idea very much. I have more than 1200 dragons now and it would be so helpful!

For example I'd like to filter out the dragons I would never breed again (for example those unwanted inbreds from the AB which I raised) or filter out relatives who would produce inbreds. Or for lineages!

i like this i dont have many dragons yet so i have nothing to be annoyed with but i could see it getting there being able to tick a box so no inbreeding can occur or being able to set up pairs so they are the only ones showing up on their breeding page would be nice

I support any change or variation or idea that allows us easier customization & management of scrolls.

I support this too I think. I've had several misclick breedings which if implemented, this would control. I also have quite a number of animals to sort through - so, yes, I'm behind this.

Yes, please. But with the option to remove all dragons but those you put a check on. Editing out 500+ dragons out of each breeding list (for a user with 1000+ life adult regular dragons) would be hell.

Oooh, yes, this. xd.png

Really like this idea, 'twould be most helpful. smile.gif

I think this would be a great idea! This way I would be able to keep my inbred dragons and lineaged dragons separate from each other, I could specifically allow only certain mates for certain dragons that would pair up the best in their specific lineages... yes, I am definitely for this idea.

Well, at first I was thinking of a neuter/spay option for dragons people might not want to breed (inbreds, etc) so they wouldn't show up on the breeding list (to avoid accidental breedings)

But, I thought some people might not like something that permanant, so.... maybe some way to exclude individual dragons from the breeding list, but still allow them to be breedable if the owner chooses (I know some people don't mind inbreds and may have a special fondness for a particular dragon and want to breed it occasionally).

Or... maybe having to keep track of such things and breed responsibly is part of the game and this wouldn't be a good idea?