undertow

One-Time Solution for Breeding Control

Do you want to customize your breeding list?  

486 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As another added suggestion, instead of just taking individual dragons off the list, you could take all dragons of a species off. For example, if I didn't want my orange to breed with a mint, ever, I could just take all my mints off with a single click. Not really necessary, but could be nice if you have a lot of dragons and have specific breeds you don't want your other dragons to breed with.

That might be nice, but I am afraid that that opens the doors for other features to be suggested and I fear that if we add too many 'features' to this it will be too much of a headache to program and we won't get the option at all. Ultimately it's all up to TJ, though, so if he thinks it's a useful enough feature I am sure he will implement it.

Voted YES!

This would be awesome. With the edit-able master list of partners I see no drawback.

As I understand it, the suggestion is to uncheck dragons you don't want on the breeding list? Then when a new hatchling grows, you would have to go through and uncheck it from everyone's list? It would be added by default, since it isn't unchecked.

Instead of unchecking, perhaps checking would be easier to do.

Check the dragons you want on the list instead of the other way around.

As I understand it, the suggestion is to uncheck dragons you don't want on the breeding list? Then when a new hatchling grows, you would have to go through and uncheck it from everyone's list? It would be added by default, since it isn't unchecked.

Instead of unchecking, perhaps checking would be easier to do.

Check the dragons you want on the list instead of the other way around.

Some people might want dragons added by default, though.

Maybe if it is possible, there could be an option where you can turn 'automatic dragon adding' on or off. That way if you don't want new dragons added automatically you can turn it off and they won't be added, but if you want all new dragons added to all dragons' lists, you can turn the option on.

Does that sound reasonable?

well if it is programmed as a check box, at the top of the page it could say something like

Check All

Uncheck All

and then below have the dragons

What a great idea! I would love love love to see this implemented. I really hope it's possible/practical from a coding perspective, because it would make breeding sooo much easier.

Sounds okay to me, but I'd need a way to reverse it just in case I slipped up or changed my mind.

XB.

I'm not a very decisive person, most of the time.

We also need to be able to change it if the pair decide to refuse each other. *I've had that happen once so far.*

darkshadow5392, that would be perfect. Good call happy.gif

Komodo Gallant, RayneKitty, what I am talking about is completely reversible. The list for you to check and uncheck dragons won't ever go away, you will always be able to change it, adding or removing dragons to your heart's content. That's the whole point. wink.gif A completely flexible system that people can use to whatever purpose they please. That's why it's a one-time solution.

Are there any programmers out there who can tell us if it's feasible?

I like this idea!

I work with lifemates and it would be much easier if they were linked.

I'd just like to tap this back to the first page and ask again if anyone can tell me if, from a programming standpoint, it's feasible?

Also I am curious about the single 'No!' vote. wink.gif I'd like to hear if there are any serious objections. Of course, if someone checked the box just because it looked lonely... *shrugs*

Edited by undertow

This would be a godsend for my scatterbrained mind. I do really hope it's possible from a practical standpoint.

This would be really awesome. ^^ I don't much care about breeding pairs, but I would like to get my Character Dragons (the ones I name after friends) off the list before I breed Raf and Kor again... (for those who don't know, Raf and Kor are characters (Kor's mine) who first met shooting each other and have become great friends and sister/brother kind of friends, so breeding them accidentally was... icky... on a mental level). I would really like this to be implemented.

This would be really great. I'm not too picky about who breeds with who, as long as its not inbreeding. But it is a pain to scroll through all my dragons and figure out who is related to who again. My scroll has just gotten rather long and its somewhat time consuming.

It would also be a good feature to separate out dragons that refuse to breed together.

I was reading the topic on Breeding Notes and I was thinking that there might be a way to incorporate this with the notes.

As already stated, this would give us listing control over what dragons can and cannot breed, but it might also be possible to have a little place for notes (so you can remember why you removed or added certain dragons to the or other notes you want to keep).

What think you?

I would love to be able to remove my mints from my breeding lists

I voted YUSH!!!!

And it appears I agree with the majority so all we need to do is....

*shakes can of dragon food*

Here, TJ! Here, TJ!

Carp, it's not working.

Yes, yes and yes! I think I commented several times in the old thread saying over and over how much I loved this idea. Pity it disappeared. Some threads seem to.

I was thinking of an option that could easily be changed at any time. Like this:

Say you select 'edit mates' for a dragon. What comes up is the entire list of dragons this dragon could possibly breed with, and you can check or uncheck certain dragons to modify the list. Once this is done, you go back to your dragon's page and select 'breed' and the only dragons that appear in the breeding list are the ones you wanted there.

At any time you can go back into the 'master list' of breedable dragons and alter which dragons show up on which dragon's list. Does that make sense?

And yeah, Pf13, I would use it for that as well.

wink.gif

This is a great idea.

To the topic in general: ABSO-FREAKIN'-LUTELY.