Lord Shadow the Hedgehog

Breed mates/Customizable Breeding

Would you like to eventually see this feature in the cave?  

333 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi Tetra. You're seeing how much of a benefit this could be to you with 50 dragons. Now consider that I have over 700.

I keep track of who should be bred with who mainly by spreadsheet, and I don't breed anywhere near all the dragons I could. But! I still often mix up which ones I want to pair up.

So, I completely agree with you on how much easier this would make things.

Hmm. I tend to breed my dragons to the one on top of their breeding list, but sometimes, I make mistakes and a relative turns up there. (Happened to one of my magmas.) So, yes, I'd love this feature, even if it was only available after the dragons have bred successfully at least once.

I would love this even more if the mate's name was listed on the view page ^^

I could certainly use this, I've made breeding mistakes such as those olympe mentioned ^^

I would love this even more if the mate's name was listed on the view page ^^

I could certainly use this, I've made breeding mistakes such as those olympe mentioned ^^

If you have a set mate, you can easily find out which one it is - by two ways, actually.

1) Click on one of the offspring (or go to the offspring page). The mate is listed there. (Both the offspring's view page (father/mother) and the offspring page (offspring with dragon XYZ).

2) Breed your dragon. The dragon(s) this one has successfully mated with will appear on top. (The more successful matings, the further on top - if there are several mates, that is.)

I would love to see this added. I have a ton of dragons (Well a ton in my opinion biggrin.gif ) and it gets tiring opening all those pages to breed the dragons I have. Most of my pairs are "for life" to me and they've been sorted as such. It would make this much faster with this option. I can only imagine those people with more dragons than me having to go down a long list of dragons they breed.

I have even clicked the wrong dragon sometimes (but it hasn't happened in a year or so) because said dragon was at an odd spot in the list -- had to kill the egg with my perfectionist dragon breeding tongue.gif )

OH!! when you can choose the listed mates, how about instead of just one possable mate, can you possable, if choose to, have other mates listed as well? cuz all I really do when breeding 80% of the time is breed what has worked in the past.

When you select breed, the dragon that last produced an egg with the selected dragon appears at the top of the list. I see no point in this feature. Sorry.

PieMaster, did you actually read the suggestion, read the thread? This has very little to do with dragons that "last produced an egg" together. This is about making "Breed mates", couples that would breed only with each other (or just a select few), so that only those few dragons would show on the breeding list at all. It sounds like a good suggestion to me and your arguement makes it sound like you don't understand the suggestion.

PieMaster, did you actually read the suggestion, read the thread? This has very little to do with dragons that "last produced an egg" together. This is about making "Breed mates", couples that would breed only with each other (or just a select few), so that only those few dragons would show on the breeding list at all. It sounds like a good suggestion to me and your arguement makes it sound like you don't understand the suggestion.

Yes, I understand just fine, thanks. I didn't see the part about being able to select multiple mates. I was only stating that just one mate showing up wouldn't really make much difference because if you regularly breed one dragon with another, they appear at the top of each others' breeding lists. This makes it just as easy to select the correct mate as isolating it from the others. However, if you could select multiple Mayes, this would prove to have some worth to me, since the dragon drops back to the same spot as soon as one breeds with a different mate.

Edited by PieMaster

On the condition that this won't mean "locking" you into a certain pairing forever and neither dragon can breed outside of that pair, then I'm all for this happy.gif

So yeah, I agree with the whole "change mate" idea and would love it if when breeding, I didn't have to wait for ~400 dragons to load tongue.gif (Since I like to wait for the whole page to load for some reason before breeding XP)

I don't know if this has been asked yet, but would there be any benefit to mating for life like increased odds of success?

jeez it's been forever since I posted on the forum, but i digress.

i wasn't thinking about anything like increased success rate, but i suppose that could be a possibility... probably couldn't be too much tho, otherwise with the soon-to-be-added rareXrare breeding, we'd need to keep rares RARE....

Maybe it could slightly up it, but Fertility couldn't affect mated dragons.

owo Just a thought.

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

YES. This would be especially useful for people who are members of certain lineages; many require the dragons they give you to be mated for life. Fully support this.

I'm so sorry if i'm repeating anyone, I just don't have time right now to poke through the whole thread...

I LOVE this idea and would like to repeat others in saying as long as it can be reversed if you choose. Maybe I don't perma mate many of my cb dragons, but when I have a special lineage and go through weeks (or more) of trying to find its perfect mate of COURSE they're perma mated.

But what I'd like to add is that on the dragon's info Page it should include "Permanently Mated to: _____" right above the "view children" link. or something cuter like "Hopelessly in Love with: ______"

All of my dragons have permanent mates, and if there are any exceptions it is because I have made an error and given up. GREAT idea!

This feature would be very useful because then you wouldn't have to wait for all of your dragons to load before breeding it to the mate that you want.

Huh? The breed list is different every time? For me, it's the order of the dragons on my scroll, then the dragon I last bred it with. And if the first one on my list is the last dragon I bred with, wouldn't this be unneeded? It might just be some random weird setting, but if you could MAKE that happen, this would be uneeded.

Huh? The breed list is different every time? For me, it's the order of the dragons on my scroll, then the dragon I last bred it with. And if the first one on my list is the last dragon I bred with, wouldn't this be unneeded? It might just be some random weird setting, but if you could MAKE that happen, this would be uneeded.

I think the breed list is consistent with how your scroll is currently displayed.

It doesn't show the last dragon you bred it with on top though, it only shows it there if they have been able to produce an egg together before. If they have not been successful, you still have to scroll through all your dragons to find the mate that you want to use.

This feature would prevent the Breed option from displaying all of the dragons on your scroll, which would be good if you know exactly which dragon you want to mate it with and you don't to wait for hundreds of other dragons to load.

This is a wonderful idea!

I just have one thing to add (and

sorry if I'm stealing anyone else's idea,

I didn't read ten pages tongue.gif), but

what if we could have multiple

dragons for mates, and not

just one? Say if you want to

breed a dragon to several different

mates? This way, you wouldn't

have to change it every time

you wanted to breed to a different

mate. Just a suggestion...

I see where your coming from..But let me ask you if you only had two dragons of one kind, like stone for example and you want to breed another stone, you wouldnt want the mate to just pop up because that brings in chance for Geode. So maybe if the mate was at the top of the list but not the only one. Thats my thought

I gave this a yes vote. I wouldn't use it for every dragon but I'd use it for some. And for those times I Would use it, I agree with the folks that said it would speed loading time for the Breed list page.

I'm for this idea. Although, I don't really know the popularity or practicality of this idea for dragcave, It would really be useful for me. I've got a whole bunch of dragons and some have permanent mates, but I don't breed them often enough for it to show up at the top of the breeding list. It would really help me keep track of mates for lineages and prevent accidental inbreeding in them. Until then, I have to keep all records on an excel spreadsheet.