Lord Shadow the Hedgehog

Breed mates/Customizable Breeding

Would you like to eventually see this feature in the cave?  

333 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

so even if they Mate, they still may not produce an egg and could Breed with other dragons?

MATE would not replace BREED. MATE would just cause the breed list to only show the dragon's selected life-mate. but it could be changed/reversed like fog causes eggs to be hidden or revealed.

I love this Idea!

All of my dragons have life mates, and I have to use the custom sort to organize who's with who, but I don't like the way my scroll looks, as I would prefer a different sorting. Thank you so much for putting this out there, and to all those who are concerned that it would just wast space, because they wouldn't use it, there are a lot (two words, not one) of people who do need something reliable like this, and it would make a lot of peoples breeding times easier, and stop a lot of heartbreak. I have a lot of purple and dorsal dorkfaces, and have made one or two breeding errors, where I bred a son to his mother, because he and his father are both purple dorsals, and I bred the mum to the wrong purple dorsal! Sadly to say, I smashed the egg, I don't like to inbreed on my scroll.

Well, I find this idea a good one, but outdated now.

Say I tried to breed my waterwater named Vandgand.

Since Vandgand has produced the most eggs with Munys, Munys will be on the top of the list of possible mates.

TJ coded this a few months ago. I don't remember when, though.

i agree this makes breeding much more efficient and less anoying than trying to remember who is able to breed it also make it simpler if life mates could breed whenever you want the to ninja.gifninja.gifninja.gifxd.png

Well, I find this idea a good one, but outdated now.

Say I tried to breed my waterwater named Vandgand.

Since Vandgand has produced the most eggs with Munys, Munys will be on the top of the list of possible mates.

TJ coded this a few months ago. I don't remember when, though.

True but what of the dragons you've never bred before? Or what if they produce no eggs? then your Vandgand hasn't produced any eggs with Munys and Munys won't be at the top of the list next time.

A coding similar this is already used for dragons that only mate within their own breed, such as splits or pygmys. if you only have one female and one male split/pygmy on your scroll, and you try and breed, only one dragon will show up

I love this idea so much. I've never been much good at keeping track of which dragons I've bred with which, even using excel. I never remember to check it until after my egg has hatched. It's also the reason I've never participated in any breeding projects. Horrible memory. Lol

Not the only one that shows up but something like the top part of the list will be labled Mate(s) then a line break then the rest of the possable mates. cuz what if you just want to breed a strip and a red one time then breed with a diffrent one. I say that it shouldnt be set to mates for life cuz thatd slightly take a bit of fun out. and what if one of the mates is released? what if one gets killed? what happens to its mate? it can never breed again. and what if you "mate" them but they refuze, what would you do then? would it be set that thats their mate for life now or no? really i think its HORRABLE to have one set mate, but to have a "mated with before" list would help.

Not the only one that shows up but something like the top part of the list will be labled Mate(s) then a line break then the rest of the possable mates. cuz what if you just want to breed a strip and a red one time then breed with a diffrent one. I say that it shouldnt be set to mates for life cuz thatd slightly take a bit of fun out. and what if one of the mates is released? what if one gets killed? what happens to its mate? it can never breed again. and what if you "mate" them but they refuze, what would you do then? would it be set that thats their mate for life now or no? really i think its HORRABLE to have one set mate, but to have a "mated with before" list would help.

Oooo...I know a good idea when I hear one, and this is great! I love this idea even more. And I feel a bit foolish for not thinking of it myself!

OHTHANKGOODNESS. I knew I couldn't be the only one to think of this. Was wondering if lifemates would be possible to code, as the others have suggested. <3

Totes for this idea, really support it.

This would be a great feature to have seeing as how I am doing a very large project and with over 200 dragons on your scroll it's easy to miss click/page-loads-too-slowly so-you-miss-click-anyway and rage at the screen when your attempt succeeds(I have killed many very inbred eggs due to this).

I am lucky enough to have many of my dragons mates' names the first on the top of the breeding screen though.

By now, I'd so use this feature - or any other that cuts down on the endless loading of the breeding page. (Loading roughly 200 dragons for each regular breeding takes time, especially if the lagmonster strikes again.)

I like this idea, it would make it a lot easier for us with many dragons. I'd love to have this. (:

Like, very much.

It would prevent times such as misclicks that might make a dragon ineligible for a lineage, for example.

I'd love to see this as an option. 90% of my dragons have been settled with permanent mates, and it would make life so much easier if I didn't have to go scrolling through the list every time trying to spot the one that's their mate. I'd say threre would need to be a 'find new mate' option that would bring the full list up, for those instances when you need/want to shuffle couples around a little, but other than that I'm all for it!

With the "find new mate" option I think this would be a totally awsome addition and very helpful!!!!

Very good idea. It'll reduce server load for the images in the list.

What if a mate of a dragon dies?

I would assume once the dragon is erased from the system, it will auto erase that it ever had the breed mate option and let it choose again.

If you make a zombie, however, it would probably stick around forever, not letting you breed that mate ever again, since zombies are wonky. x3

With the option to change a lifemate, either by clicking the "Mate" link again and inputting your password again to change, or the "change lifemate" link suggested, I would love this idea.

For those worried about what would happen if you lifemated two dragons and then killed one, I think that scenario above would fix that. That way the lifemate selection is never so locked in that you can't change it if you choose.

I like the idea of life mates, especially if there is an option to change the mate if I wanted too.

I love this idea! With the ability to change it later I really hope this idea gets the green light to do so ^^

WB

I really like this idea! I think it would be great, especially if a mated pair had a higher chance of producing an egg. smile.gif

I like this idea, mostly because if I found the dragon my Gold would finally made a gold egg with, I'd use that pair for life @_@

I guess it would help prevent inbreeding too...well maybe not. I can see ways they can be inbred, such as matching two siblings.

Other than that, though, I don't think I would really use it, because I like the freedom to say "I want either this egg or this egg" from a pairing.

However, it is a good suggestion smile.gif

I like this idea. A lot.

I've set most of my dragons up to have a specific mate. (ESPECIALLY THE HOLIDAYS)

While I can normally remember who goes with who, I do have over 50, and I have already (April Fool's Day made a fool out of me when I bred) accidentally bred my female nebula (first one, regular) to a PURPLE MALE.

Considering how this idea would only make one dragon appear on the list, it would not just help the server, (I think...) but it would also make it easier for those on dial-up who have managed to get a lot of dragons get to the on they want to breed easier.

NOTE: Tetra has not read all of the pages - only the first one. Tetra did this to avoid straining her eyes. Also, Tetra likes to speak in third person on occasion.