Lord Shadow the Hedgehog

Breed mates/Customizable Breeding

Would you like to eventually see this feature in the cave?  

333 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

perfect idea!!!!! all my dragons have permanent mates. i don't have too many, but i have more than one of some breeds so i don't want to go; oh, ill breed my summer with another summer thats unnamed cause its mates unnamed. oops, wrong one

That would be AWESOME; all my dragons have mates "for life," and this would make it easier. And I keep freaking about what if I accidentally click the wrong dragon to mate them to . . . this could ease my mind. xd.png

I love this idea! I don't have a lot of dragons yet, but all of them have or will have permanent mates. I'm also setting up some personal purebred lineages that I'd really hate to break or inbreed just because I clicked the wrong dragon.

Or... if this idea doesn't work out, it could be made so that when you breed a dragon, the dragon it was last bred with is at the top of the list.

Anyway, I hope your idea works out.

Or... if this idea doesn't work out, it could be made so that when you breed a dragon, the dragon it was last bred with is at the top of the list.

Anyway, I hope your idea works out.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't TJ just implement something like that last week?

He made it to where when you bred a dragon, the dragons that it has produced the most eggs with appear at the top of the list.

I really like this idea. Its like Marrying your dragons which i would have suggested. it is great for people that dont like to inbreed.

I love this suggestion. I plan to have life-long mates, and when I get my dragons in a large number, I can foresee that it is going to be a difficulty.

There's been a new feature implemented similar to this. :3 It has the breed list loaded with the dragon that your selected dragon has had the most eggs with at the top of the list. Not exactly like this idea, but just thought I'd let it be known. :3

I think its a great idea.

It makes it easier to breed and it keeps the amount of mistakes, and dozens of ertra egg in the abandoned cave, down.

Im sorta going with this idea. but why not make it like a mating history of a dragon. it could include the amout of eggs produced and the other mate. im against life long mating commitment though. if it was like a history thing, its all right with me. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

YEY for life long breeding! I totally agree with this! and because it's a choice (in the action list) those who open breed can just ignore it. =) This is really great!

I'm not particularly sure if I'm up for this very specific idea, but I agree on the concept. Especially since even though TJ had added the feature to make dragons that have made more eggs with the selected dragon appear on the top, I had still accidentally breeded the wrong dragon once before. In result, or what appears to be, my dragon won't breed again with its original mate. It's very frustrating, and ever since, I haven't gotten another egg from that pair. As I have said before, I'm not particularly up to this very specific idea, but the concept is what interests me.

I like this idea, actually. It would make it more realistic because many species mate for life and you could have a little bar that says "this dragon is mated to so-and-so".

I had still accidentally breeded the wrong dragon once before. In result, or what appears to be, my dragon won't breed again with its original mate. It's very frustrating, and ever since, I haven't gotten another egg from that pair.

It doesn't work that way. When breeding two dragons, how many other mates each of those dragons have had isn't even considered.

It doesn't work that way. When breeding two dragons, how many other mates each of those dragons have had isn't even considered.

That makes sence, so I think it's just abd luck!

I like that idea. But I'd also like when you're presented with the breeding list, it would show which mates are inbred and which are cb or which are clean, meaning lineage with no inbreeding. This would sure help when you don't want to inbreed. I'm having problems keeping my records straight, so I don't inbreed with children, grandchildren etc.

Finally getting back to this thing after time away from DC forums. well, I did realize that TJ implamented some similar features but there are some...slight bugs, shall we say. or it could just be me. But a couple times i've went to breed a dragon i haven't bred in a while and it didn't give me the mate that its had the most eggs with at the top. It was random generation of a list. Now, it didn't matter much to me at the time because these dragons in particular had no strict set mate, but do have some that they (or should I say I?) favor over the others. the idea I've put forth in the original post, if enabled, shouldn't be glitched no matter how much time is past.

Also, i know that some of my dragons I've just bred with any other dragon, and then I found a new species that I felt would be the perfect lifelong mate, but because the first dragon has had so many eggs with other dragons already, I have to hunt through the list to find it's new mate several times before he/she starts showing up at the top. ((Usually it's my rarer dragons like my golds or silver's that this happens with. I breed them for metalic eggs and if they don't have a set mate I just pick any dragon of the opposite gender that doesn't already have a set mate.))

I also support this idea. Many times I am at my bf's & forget to bring my records with me or am on his computer. It's a PITA trying to remember who I bred with who.

This is a good idea... but I don't think it's top-priority. This would have to be done AFTER more important things, kinda like a thing to update when TJ's bored. biggrin.gif

I love the idea. I'm working on a lineage project, and I'd hate inbreeding them. So far, I don't have those many dragons, 5th generation, but when the line grows, I'd have so much trouble keeping track on paper about who is whose mate.

My lineage are purebred horse dragons, so it's not like I can keep track by sprite, since they all look the same.

I don't think it'd be too complicated to program, either.

Several of my dragons have life mates, and I'd love to have an option for making that "official" on my scroll. But I'd want the ordinary Breed option to still be there, in case I needed a type of egg (for trading or whatever) that would have a better chance of coming to be if I bred a dragon with one who was not it's life mate. So as long as both 'Mate' and 'Breed' are options, I'm totally for this idea.

I'd like this, If this were implemented I wouldn't have to do my special sort any more. (I have my dragons sorted in pairs, any eggs they bred are between the two, eggs that are CB or I lack their parents go below the paired dragons, and unpaired go below the CB/don't own parents eggs, and last frozens go on top.)

Edited by Mageziya