Lord Shadow the Hedgehog

Breed mates/Customizable Breeding

Would you like to eventually see this feature in the cave?  

333 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hmm, don't dead eggs get deleted completely - even from their parents' progeny page? So, if you breed an egg with the wrong couple, just kill it. Sure, it'll take a couple of weeks - but you won't have to replace anything.

Besides, since the last mate shows up on top, it's pretty hard to misclick that.

If it really works that well:

Aversion of killing (already mentioned) anything is one issue, another could be the fact the dragon MATED with another dragon than its no-longer-only-mate xd.png Erasing the visible traces of that can be not enough in some cases, just like the dissapearance of the shell by killing;) + the trace doesn't disappear if the mistake was killed after it hatched, right? And I think there is some trace in actions history that the dragons were bred.

+ of course a totally wasted breeding cooldown and egg limit for 24h.

Anyway, everything is about the action being optional:)

It also sometimes takes time to notice one bred the dragon with a wrong mate, I've seen it once, a magi was mated to a copper brown(supposed for strict monogamy), the player(no names;)) didn't name their dragons, and when wanted to breed a copper from this couple, they've somehow mistaken the right magi mate with another magi and so the egg(magi) was traded and later the player noticed that they bred the wrong magixD So: too late man! It was about confusion mainly. The player probably picked the magi first and the copper was on the top of the scroll(it was for sure), so they didn't suspect sth is wrong. Or the right magi was previously bred with a wrong dragon and it didn't appear on the list and the wrong magi was almost at the top of the scroll. It was sth more or less like that, one of these 2, I can't really remember now.

I've also somehow missclicked a few months ago... but luckily, these two refused xd.png Pheew! wink.gif So it happens xd.png It shouldn't but it does^^; Sometimes it's even some page loading error, or, by me, my tablet pen which is very likely to get crazy and get into places I didn't meant the cursor to be:P I try to use touchpad instead but I sometimes forget to. Same with mobile version I guess, these touching screens are very likely to get missclicks, I've just dicovered it with my new(1st) smarty xd.png

We're just humans, we do mistakes, device also do^^

I beleive such an option wouldn't affect anyone who doesn't need it and won't choose to use it, so it shouldn't be an issue it exists^^

I would like this. I have a Rosebud and a Ribbon Dancer, I have mates to make a checker with them but sometimes I accidently pick the CB mate from before making a ugly stairstep which I do not like tongue.gif

I would love this

I mate my dragons and luckily have not messed up yet

but I have this weird red that has a last bred date but no mate at the top or refused mate at the bottom of the breeding page so I don't know what happen there

You know, I think that the breeding page needs more utilities than just lock a mate. When I go to breed some dragon I have to keep several tabs open to make the process:

1. Find the dragon that I want. Let's say, a tinsel or a shimmer (I choose these two examples because if I breed with the wrong mate I'll get the worst disaster because of the complex lineages that my dragons have, I don't have low gens). Click on the dragon, select actions and the option breed.

2. Open another tab to find the mate. Let's say that the mate is a common like a lumina or a hellfire. I have to check the dragon by name or code in the middle of a collection of luminaes or hellfires. I have to check the lineage to see if they are CB or not.

3. Go back to the breeding page where a loooong list with all my dragons of the opposite gender listed and find the mate by their name or code (in case I haven't name the mate yet)

4. Breed the dragon.

Things that I would like to have to simplify my life:

- an option to sort the dragons in the breeding page by breed or by name

- an option to always see the latest mates by date of breeding - because, sometimes, one dragon have more than one mate, I use my CBs to different pairs

- the possibility to check the lineage of the dragon in the breed page so I don't have to do that in another tab

These are my thoughts.

You know, I think that the breeding page needs more utilities than just lock a mate. When I go to breed some dragon I have to keep several tabs open to make the process:

1. Find the dragon that I want. Let's say, a tinsel or a shimmer (I choose these two examples because if I breed with the wrong mate I'll get the worst disaster because of the complex lineages that my dragons have, I don't have low gens). Click on the dragon, select actions and the option breed.

2. Open another tab to find the mate. Let's say that the mate is a common like a lumina or a hellfire. I have to check the dragon by name or code in the middle of a collection of luminaes or hellfires. I have to check the lineage to see if they are CB or not.

3. Go back to the breeding page where a loooong list with all my dragons of the opposite gender listed and find the mate by their name or code (in case I haven't name the mate yet)

4. Breed the dragon.

Things that I would like to have to simplify my life:

- an option to sort the dragons in the breeding page by breed or by name

- an option to always see the latest mates by date of breeding - because, sometimes, one dragon have more than one mate, I use my CBs to different pairs

- the possibility to check the lineage of the dragon in the breed page so I don't have to do that in another tab

These are my thoughts.

You're right...

BTW that explains why so many users put 'CB' into their dragons' names: so they can easly see these are CBs(but it takes away 2-3 characters from the limit and doesn't really look nice). But in cases of more complex lineages than just 'lineaged x CB' and obviously by higher numbers of dragons, it must be getting a true pain in the neck indeed... And a game should rather give pleasure, not just nerves. And breeding must be quite a nightmare for you with all those complex steps to repeat everytime you want to breed sth not accidental. And I bet there are many players is such a situation like you, I suspect it's a majority of DC players..'

I guess even a simple option 'show lineage' would help a lot. And even more helpful: show the future egg's lineage. Both available directly on breeding page.

I personally wouldn't need any more adjustments in breeding system, but majority of players who do any lineage projects would appreciate some more advanced breedign system.