KageSora

Tales of...

Alicia had a exeshere because Goerge thought Regal and Alicias love would ruin everything so George gave her to the Desians.

Marble had her exeshere because you don't need to take if off completey to make them a monster

I have read or am reading, most of the mangas

I LOVE the plot for Tales of destiny, it's a lovely.... I dunnmo what to call it, it's just beautiful!

Wait, first you said that you had to take them off to get them to be a monster, now you're saying it doesn't have to come off all the way. >.=.>

I don't think Anna's was removed, because how would Lloyd have had it in the first place if it was?

(I was typing at night when I said those, my head go crazy and I talk and type like someone from the old age so deal)

It's wasn't fully removed.

awww no way people who love the tales games o.o omg I love you guys wub.gif seriously when I talk about the tales games people look at me like I'm crazy. x.x And we are talking about my favorite tales game ToS. I could just die happy!! ToS was my first tales game and man it was so awesome I couldn't put it down xd.png after getting ToS I got Legendia and Abyss and recently added Vesperia. Though I havn't finished Abyss and for some reason I can't stand Legendia and Vesperia irritated me because there is a lag between what I do and the character does so I keep dieing at the first boss x.x I almost broke the flat screen so my mother took the game away from me if I can't say anything nice while playing the game dry.gif

just wondering did any one play Tales of Legendia? I don't know for some reason that game just turned me off. I dunno I think the characters were a little weird o.o But well havn't finished Abyss because of work (no summer break unlike with school T_T) But the anime version of Abyss and ToS were awesome. I just wish they would realease the games on more than 1 system. So if I don't have 1 system I can buy the game on the other system. I hate having to go out and buy a new game system just to play the Tales games xd.png But of course I will only because I love the tales games wub.gif

ToS was my first, too!

I just recently got a copy of Legendia, but I've yet to play it--I'm trying to finish Abyss, first. I still have to play Vespira, too--got a copy ages ago but still haven't started it yet. xd.png

Yaaay, I'm not the only one that will buy a new game system just for one game. xd.png (...Or I would if I had money. I need to save more. No lunch! I'll skip lunch, and just save my lunch money! xd.png)

heck yeah!!! xd.png

well I uterly fail at vesperia so I don't play it xd.png omg though seeing a thread about the Tales games makes me want to pull out ToS and play it again biggrin.gif

Where are you on Abyss? I need to finish it Abyss too x.x But I keep getting semi bored with it about half way through and I keep restarting the game lol I don't know if I'll ever finish it. But I watched the anime of it so I know how it ends. I saw the anime of ToS but I was so sad that they stopped it about half way through the game x.x

They're finishing the anime--they've got the first episode of the Tethe'alla arc out now. :3

I... Let's see... Oh, right, I just met up with Guy again after playing as Asch in the aftermath of what happened in Akz... Something or other that I can't spell. xd.png

really!!? o.o that's awesome biggrin.gif I can't wait till they release all of it. I was so upset about it just stopping like that. Have you seen the Abyss anime? They also have one of the other tales games....um.....the one with the little pink haired half elf...uh..the group travels to the future and to the past to try to beat the evil guy. Phantasia? I think it's that one but they have an anime for that one too.

After Luke blows up Akzeriuth (something like that) woot woot that's really good ^^ I got further than that tongue.gif I'm pretty sure that's still really early in the game.I Have to keep parts of the game a secret until you get there dry.gif don't want to ruin the game.

For some reason I hated playing as Asch maybe it's because he wasn't luke so it felt different to play as Asch. What character do you play in the game? I stick with Luke since he's pretty easy to control. I tried playing as Jade but my spells always got interrupted same with Tear. Which is funny is almost any game I play I'm normally the one that sits back and does the healing but in the Tales games I can't do that or I'll end up dieing. x.x

I thought I might cry when Luke destroys Akzeriuth and then you see the little boy drown in the mud and Miasma. It was soooo sad T_T Only think I like about the game after Akzeriuth is that Luke is so much more tollerable after that. He's such a pain x.x I know he's supposed to be that way but he's so horrible at the begining of the game xd.png when I restart I just can't stand him xd.png

oh oh! when Luke and Asch meet up at Tear's hopetown (I forget the name but you go there after Luke destroys Akzeriuth) Did you win or lose the battle between Asch and Luke?

Not seen the other anime ones, personally. I should, but I'm too lazy. xd.png

Don't worry, I've already spoilered myself silly. Hell, the entire thing with Luke's connection to Asch is what made me interested enough to get it in the first place--I wanted to see how that plays out first hand. And I've already got spoilered for the ending, really. xd.png

I... Normally just stick with Luke, but I like playing as Jade or Guy, too. I prefer Jade to Guy, though.

Personally, I loved how he was at the start of the game--really reminds me of another character who has the same VA in another game. Haseo from .hack//GU. Actually, it makes me LOL because many of the Abyss characters have VAs in the GU games, so it's fun to see. I mean, Guy's VA also voices Kuhn from GU, and Kuhn is like a total flirt. He loves having girls around him, and gets teased at one point when he unknowingly hits on a grade school girl. xd.png

I knew what would happen with Akze... You know what? I just don't care enough to spell the name out even with it sitting right in front of me. Huh. xd.png Anyway, I knew what would happen before hand (and even if I didn't, Van's behavior positively REEKED of "HEY! I'm gonna betray your sorry butt real soon!" y'know? I mean, when somebody tells you you can't tell ANYBODY about something, you gotta be more wary... But I felt so bad for Luke, I mean he trusted Van completely, hero-worshiped the guy. Van was like the father he always wanted, his mentor and a great friend all in one. Why WOULDN'T Luke trust him completely? But even though I knew what would happen, it wasn't enough to prepare me for the level of depressing. I was like ;_; OMG SO SAD! D: (I prefer how Luke looks with his hair long, so I'm kinda like "...Can we go back to jerkass!Luke now? Nice!Luke is adorable, but jerkass!Luke was amusing and looked better..." xd.png)

I did honestly TRY to beat Asch, but he killed me pretty easy.

Oh, how was the first fight against Legretta for you? That fight drove me absolutely NUTS. She kicked my butt a total of like... 10 times or something. On like the 11th or so I finally managed to win, though she killed half my part.

...I admit I never bothered to go train and find more items between fights, just kept plowing ahead until I won through sheer luck. But still. xd.png

I'm to lazy to play the games tongue.gif But not to lazy to watch the anime xd.png

I would have to say I prefer Jade to Guy also. I wish I could control Jade better because he's sooooo cool!

lol I never played .hack//GU. First time playing through Abyss I thought the first Luke was better but after playing the begining a few times he becomes annoying xd.png but I have to aggree I like Luke with long hair better xd.png

I couldn't believe that he even trusted Van to begin with. I mean I could understand it but at the same time I was like 'sure he doesn't look and sound like the evil villian of the video game dry.gif ' It was just so plaininly obvious that he was the bad guy.

First time I tried fighting Asche I lost T_T But every time after that I won xd.png Not like you win anything but still nice be to be like 'ha Asche!!! Eat dirt you stupid original!! tongue.gif' (I have to say nice words when I play otherwise the game gets taken away rolleyes.gif )

Legretta was a pain x.x First time I was like 'wth?! how do you beat her?!' So I lost like 3 times before I finally looked up how to beat her lol My 'favorite' battles are with the sceleton sword guy. He's in ToS and Abyss. After you go through Coral Castle and you are leaving there is the sword stuck in the ground and when you talk to fight the big guy with tons of swords x.x omg that is absolute hell x.x I lost in ToS AND in Abyss xd.png beat him once in Abyss and then went to fight him at the second spot and he slaughtered me x.x

I'm the same with training xd.png first time I run through the game all crazy miss half of the stuff and then get irritated that I can't beat the game then I restart and go through the game slowly collecting everything, training and actually talking to all the people not just the ones to keep the story going and man it makes the game easy lol

Jade makes me LOL so hard so often. I love how he's got his ^____^ face on even when totally making fun of everybody, and making sarcastic observations (like how everybody is getting along. When they so aren't. xd.png)

Still, when you think about it, it just makes sense that he trusts Van. I mean, 'his' parents aren't exactly spending loads of time with him and raising him well. Van spent time with him, praised him when he did well, scolded him when he did wrong, taught him, was basically a father-figure to him, and until that point had never given Luke a reason to distrust him or feel anything but complete love and trust for him. And Luke had no real experience dealing with people, so he'd have no reference for how 'bad guys' act--not to mention that Van never acted like a 'bad guy' around him until that point.

The only strategy I found for Legretta was exactly what I had been doing--keep out of the way of her attacks, hit her as hard as you can, and interrupt her as often as possible. Keep moving, don't stand still. That's... Basically what you do for every battle. ._. It wasn't exactly helpful what I found out...

Urgh, the Sword Dancer? I never bothered my first few plays on ToS, and when I finally tried I was like "...Damn, that's strong..." So I have to level up more to beat it. I beat the first fight, now I'm waiting for the second.

I usually actually do that, but with Abyss... I was actually able to get pretty much all the chests so far without having to fight every freakin' enemy. Which... Results in less EXP for my characters, and less Gald to buy nice shiny new equipment with, which results in... The Legretta fiasco. xd.png

Which game(s) would you recommend for the PS1, PS2, or PSP? (I'm not sure what other systems they are out for...)

I've been thinking about maybe playing one but I don't know which one to do.

I think Radiant mythology is on one of those... You should play it...

Well, Tales of the Abyss and Tales of Legendia are on the PS2, I have both but I've not started ToL yet and I'm only part way through Abyss (but I love it).

Tales of Symphonia is on the GameCube (amazing game), and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World is on the Wii (also a great game, IMO, personally like it better than the first)

Tales of Vespira is on the 360.

There are others in Japan only, and IIRC a few others came out in North America, but the only other one I can remember right now is Phantasia's GBA release that made it to the US.

Personally, I suggest Abyss (PS2) or if you have a Wii then either of the Symphonia games--you don't need to play the first to enjoy the second, but you get more of the references and such if you do. They also, however, have references to other Bamco games, so... But those are just extras.

Which game(s) would you recommend for the PS1, PS2, or PSP? (I'm not sure what other systems they are out for...)

I've been thinking about maybe playing one but I don't know which one to do.

For PS2: Tales of the Abyss - I personally consider it the best tales game to date (done by the same group that did the Tales of Symphonia game that was being discussed earlier).

There's also Tales of Legendia for the PS2, but that one hasn't impressed too many folks.

For PS1: Tales of Destiny - yes, the English version was butchered (the overworld chat scenes the series is famous for were completely removed. =/ Durned Namco of America.), but it's still a decent if aged game.

There's also Tales of Destiny 2 (Tales of Eternia in Japan) but it's hard to get and got only a luke warm reception on this side of the ocean due to marketing fail in the name choice.

The only English-released PSP game, Radiant Mythology, is an alright game but it was pretty much made to cater to fans of the overall series. The story is minimal; it's mostly for people who've always wanted such and such a character from this game in their party along with such and such a character from the other game. It certainly has its fun moments between the characters but compared to the other games, there's not much substance.

Other systems and the games available on them:

GBA: Tales of Phantasia. the US release was rather awful to most fans but as it's the only way to play it short of a fan-translated SNES/GBA/PS1 rom.... Some fans consider it a must play if you're going to play the Symphonias as they are a prequel to this game.

Game Cube: Tales of Symphonia (lots of discussion on this one already)

Wii: Tales of Symphonia 2 (see the above), Tales of Graces (not yet released in English but coming)

Xbox 360: Tales of Vesperia

-There's several that never made it out of Japan so not gonna bother listing those.

Edited by Kyrieath

I don't have a Wii, but my Gamecube and GBA still work. Maybe I'll try out Abyss and Symphonia, they sound good. ^^ I just always get confuse with all the names being similar.

Thanks!

They do love to do that in the series. They either all have "-ia" on the end or are a word title after the "Tales of-" bit. Doesn't help that most of them have nothing to do with each other either. The only confirmed intertwining games (barring the fan-catering ones of the Radiant Mythology set) are Phantasia and Symphonia, then Tales of Destiny and Tales of Destiny II (the Japanese one; it never came out in English). The Destiny games are closely tied to each other; there's a gap of possibly several hundred or thousands of years between Symphonia and Phantasia.

I'd recommend playing Symphonia first; the reason for that is the battle system. Symphonia was made before Abyss so the system is a bit clumsier; the pre-Abyss Tales combat system used the 'linear motion battle system' (close enough on the name), on which your character moved on direct lines toward and away from their target. Abyss has the added feature of 'free run' (once the characters unlock it anyway) so you don't have to work within the line limits. It can get frustrating backtracking to an older version of the system after you've had access to the free run ability for getting out of the way of attacks without having to go clear across the screen.

Edited by Kyrieath

@KageSora

lol I love Jade!! He's my absolute favorite because of his remarks. Have you seen the cut scene between Dist and Jade in Keterburg? that scene when Jade tries to kill Dist had me rofl.

yeah the Tales games are pretty hard to keep track of xd.png Only time I could tell the difference between them was once I played them.

On to Shaddowwarrior's post.

I would say try Tales of Symphonia. I loved that game and the battle system pretty simple so if you are not familiar with the Tales games it's kind of a beginner game (atleast for the battle system).

You could try Tales of Legendia but I'm not a big fan of that game personally.

If you can play Tales of Symphonia I would definitely (with an I, not an A) get it and try it out. If not Abyss would do just fine. You don't start out with the free run ability you have to work up to getting it so you get a feel for the system before they throw free run at you. At first I didn't use free run often but after you get the hang of it I don't think I could ever play the game without free run xd.png

I think the only thing that has been hard to grasp with Abyss is the Fonon stuff they talk about and trying to use that in battle dry.gif You'll see when you play xd.png Whatever you do though play Tales of Symphonia first then play Tales of the Abyss. Don't play Abyss then Symphonia. You'll get used to using free run on Abyss and won't really enjoy Symphonia. I've tried and it gets irritating (which is why I hate Tales of Legendia even more dry.gif)

So my vote is on Tales of Symphonia if you can play it. And if you can't then definitely (with an I, not an A) play Tales of the Abyss.

Which scene is that one with Jade and Dist? I can't remember. *has a horrible memory*

I love Jade... He is almost as awsome as Kratos....

Which scene is that one with Jade and Dist?  I can't remember.  *has a horrible memory*

I believe Lailah means the scene where Jade sends everyone out of the hotel room so he can 'question' Dist. -At which point everyone in the hallway hears Dist screaming that he's dying and the sounds of general violence from within the room.

---

On further note of the Tales battle system: One lovely feature of the game is a smart autobattle system if you'd rather play tactician like you would in a turn-by-turn game. Set the strategies, what abilities they're allowed to use, and then monitor the battle for knowing when to intervene and use items or specific skills when a situation changes unexpectedly.

The game does punish you for being overly reliant on items in battle, so learning to manage your characters' skills properly through the tactics system is a bit of a must. Thankfully it's not very difficult.

Edited by Kyrieath

Oh, yeah, I LOL'd when I saw that the first time. Saw it on YouTube, and was promptly disturbed because Dist's VA is the same as a character that disturbs me in .hack//GU. xd.png It most certainly doesn't sound like he's 'questioning' Dist. xd.png

yeah that's the scene. I thought it was to funny.

Ryuu2 (Posted on Apr 15 2010, 04:44 PM)

I love Jade... He is almost as awsome as Kratos....

I can't really decide who I like more. Kratos was the first Tales character I thought was awesome but Jade is soooooo coool (and funny). I dunno who to choose!! unsure.gif

Edited by Lailah

Kratos:

1. He is awsome

2. He is a emo kid(?!)

3. Is hot...

4. He is a troubled soul trying to figure out what to do (It's soo cute)

Jade:

1. Emoish hot (Adorable) kid(?!)

2. Trying to figure out his past

3. Can't do much but tries anyway

4. Is funny awsome

Thats why