KageSora

Tales of...

I'm totally in love with the battles.

But I'm only lvl 49 >.>

I was surprised at beating him so easy since thats the level I was supposed to be at for Fourier's lab i think.

Yeah. I mean, I just like... Combo'd him into oblivion, I kept expecting him to pull some massive "boost power by a ton and murder the party" move, but it just... Never happened.

Awesome. Have you figured out how to use the attacks the require a certain amount of CC and holding down x and stuff?

I have no idea, so I've been curious to see if anyone else has found out how to do them.

If you mean like... What's it called, Icedragon Flurry and stuff?

For Asbel, you hold the A-Arte button down through the level of arte you want to use. If you want to use the 2CC one, you hold it down through your 2CC arte and you'll use it provided you have the CC. If you want to use the 3CC one, you hold it after the 3CC arte.

For Sophie, I think you need to use an arte of that level CC, then hold down the A-Attack button while the gauge fills--one for Reaper's Toll, 2 for Beast, 3 for Deadly Force.

For Cheria... Hold the A-Attack button after a 3 or 4 CC arte.

Richard is handled the same way as Asbel. Pascal's and Hubert's are only for a 3CC arte, I think. Malik doesn't get one.

They can be chained into other attacks, which is nice, so when you have enough CC you can use your regular artes and chain in the held-attack artes. biggrin.gif

You're welcome. :3

I'm on the battle with Lambda Angelus. When I get around to buying life bottles I'll go fight him...

ohmy.gif! Can't believe I never saw this thread. I absolutely LOVE Tales of the Abyss! I have yet to play other Tales games but when I do, I hope they're just as good as TotA.

Guys, it worked! Tales isn't dead in the West!

Tales of Xillia has been confirmed for release in the US, the EU, and Australia! biggrin.gif It'll be out in 2013, and supposedly if it sells well enough we'll also get ToX2!

I'm not surprised they decided it would be Xillia of all the ones they could pick. But I wouldn't care what they released--I'm just happy we earned another chance for the series outside of Japan.

I heard the Graces got a lot of buyers, at our Gamestop we were expecting around three people to buy it, being the managers, the guy who keeps getting me to buy video games and me. Turns out people just didn't want to preorder, about 50 bought the game the first and second day.

So happy. :o)

Oh wow, we didn't even get 50 copies at my store. xd.png But that's awesome! biggrin.gif

Glad to hear it really did sell well!

I was thinking of picking up either Vesperia or Graces. Not sure which one yet. I've heard they're both very good though! Opinions anyone? Which would you recommend?

I personally really enjoyed both.

I personally really loved the battle system in Graces a lot more than I've ever enjoyed a battle system in a game. But I preferred Vesperia's storyline. I loved Graces myself, but I really liked ToV, and Yuri was a fun, darker protagonist.

I wasn't really crazy about the story or character development behind Vesperia, but I haven't played Graces yet so I can't judge.

I bought Tales of Vesperia the First Strike on dvd.

It's actually a really good movie.

Here's a link to it. http://www.funimation.com/tales-of-vesperia

Couldn't find the old link, so it's a little hard to read.

Unless it was just my computer not loading.

I want to buy it, because Tales.

But I also don't want to buy it, because Funimation. >_<' My love for Tales and my great dislike of Funimation are at war...

Actually, I used to hate funimation. Though in my opinion they did Vesperia amazingly. I hadn't watched funimation in years, and I think they've gotten better, and no longer hate them. At least not completely.

Tales of Vesperia stands proudly, for more animes from funimation shall probably join it. :o)

Mostly I just hate them over how they handled Detective Conan. xd.png I know, silly of me to hold a grudge over one show, but they did really... Just very badly.

But I don't have money anyway, sooo... xd.png But when I get some, I might buy it. I'll see if my library would be willing to get a copy, if they do I'll check it out before deciding.

Sorry for the double post, but last post was in July...

As of today (1/22/13), Tales of Xillia is able to be pre-ordered in GameStop stores and from GameStop.com. Currently this is only in the US, as far as I know.

Current placeholder date is July 2, which is consistent with what I've seen people speculating about with a summer release. Can't quite recall if there was official word on that or not.

e ue

Yay! I finally got a 3DS too, so I can't play Tales of the Abyss biggrin.gif

Now I just have to save my money...

So.

Aseliacon, the first Tales Of convention in the US, is starting tomorrow.

Anybody else gonna be there? I can't wait!

News for the Xillia localization!

Tales of Xillia will be released in NA on August 6th, and in the EU on August 9th.

There is also a CE available for pre-order through GameStop. (Not sure where for the EU one).

There will be 2 versions--the Day 1 edition (available in the EU and I think Australia, not sure about NA) which contains the game, a 52-page artbook, and a special music selection CD. This is for the same price as the standard edition of the game, and is in fact the only version that will be available for the first shipment--so pick it up ASAP when it's out!

The Special Edition will contain all the content from the Day 1 edition in addition to a limited edition Milla Maxwell figurine (21.5 cm height). I've heard some people saying the artbook will contain more pages as well.

There are also supposedly pre-order bonuses--same for both versions--of exclusive costumes for Jude and Milla as well as a PS3 custom theme. Not sure if this is standard with all pre-orders, or if this will be retailer-exclusive. Also unsure if other bonuses will be released exclusive to certain retailers or not.