KageSora

Tales of...

Sorry for the double post, but another step forwards for the advertising of Tales!

Where I work, we have a small display for the upcoming Bamco games. The display is a few cases with boxart and prices (including a TotA one!) and a poster. That poster is for ToGf! We have a freakin' Tales poster in my store, advertising the game! biggrin.gif

O.O

Awesome! That is completely and totally awesome!

Seems like it's going to be a standard thing in all GameStops by Monday! biggrin.gif

If you go to your local one you may be able to request getting the poster once they're finished with marketing, sometimes they give 'em out.

I shall, I shall.

I can only hope it's not the guy who got into a debate with my father. That would be awkward...

That would be. D:

...I'm wondering if my manager already called dibs on ours, ahahah... I hope not, that'd be awesome to have...

Well, if you get it. Try to take a picture, so I can make it my background. so I know what to look for. wink.gif

Poster example for those who haven't seen it can be found here

Also:

Pre-order bonuses confirmed! (Check the url=http://www.facebook.com/tales]Facebook page[/url] to see for yourself!)

Pre-orders for Tales of Graces f through GameStop in the US and EB Games in Canada to get the bonuses--they're exclusive so you can't get them if you pre-order from any other location--and you won't be able to download the DLC bonuses later.

Pre-order Tales of Graces f at any U.S. GameStop or Canadian EB Games to receive an exclusive Tales of Destiny DLC costume pack when you pick up your copy of the game on March 13th.

Along with the Tales of Destiny costume pack, players will also receive a free Tales of Graces f XMB theme with “graceful” icons and dynamic wallpaper. The Tales of Destiny DLC costume pack pre-order bonus is exclusive to GameStop and EB Games, and will not be available for future download.

HAPPY TALES DAY/ABYSS DAY!!

Tales of the Abyss has now been released in North America on the 3DS! Don't forget to grab a copy if you can!

Haha, I walked in and my manager didn't have to ask why I was there, just grabbed Abyss. xd.png

So, before I'm dead to the world, here's a crappy picture of a derpy Mieu I drew on our whiteboard to show my mom what Thing looks like:

user posted image

I've had a sealed copy of Abyss for a couple of weeks now. biggrin.gif

Now only if I actually had a 3DS to play it on...

I need some of dat Jade.

Haha, yes, Jade is amazing.

the improved loading times are fantastic. <3 And lovin' the 3D! biggrin.gif

/returns to Abyss

It looks like the same thing is happening in the US as happened in the EU. Some people who pre-ordered copies have been told the store was never shipped any, (that was at a BestBuy), and some GameStop locations have gotten a painfully small supply (we got four at my store, three of which ended up reserved and the fourth of which was sold today as well, leaving us with none right now).

EDIT

Advertising stuff!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by KageSora

Tales of Graces f has reached North America! Don't forget to pick up your copy ASAP!

The game is fantastic so far! Child!Hubert is ADORABLE! I mean, just look at his face! akdfjsd I just want to hug him! Also loving Sophie, and I think the voice cast is fantastic so far!

Just a reminder to Tales fans who wish to post... Please be sure to mark spoilers, and use the following to be sure that your spoilers aren't visible to those who wish to avoid them: (this goes for both TotA and ToGf)

[color=white]-insert spoilers here-[/color]

ALrigt everyone! The advertisement on the forum has led me to cracking and deciding to buy a Tales of game. I mainly play games such as Final Fantasy and knigdom Hearts so I'm usually reluctant to try similar games, scared that I won't like them. I own a PS3, PS2, DSi, PSP, and a Wii. I'd like to nkow which game would be the best to start with,

I'd see if you can pick up the most recent title, Tales of Graces f if you can--from what I've played so far (I've been playing most of the day now, haha), it's fantastic. It's been getting a pretty positive response so far from the little I've seen during the few breaks for food I've taken. I'm just in love with the battle system, which is much different from what I'm used to!

Tales of Symphonia for the GameCube, while an older title, is also pretty popular among fans of the series--if your Wii is backwards compatible, it's definitely a good title to pick up if you can find it for a reasonable price.

Tales of the Abyss for the PS2 is good, but some people have a problem with how the protagonist starts out--though he does get some good character development and changes quite drastically as the game progresses. And he has good reasons for why he acts that way (it doesn't excuse his behavior, but it explains it), which are explained as the plot advances. It's very slow with loading times, though, and has some glitches. It's been known to crash, too, making saving every chance you get a must--the 3DS version is much better about this.

But really, I'd just pick a title and jump in. You're going to get people who hate and who love all of the games (especially certain ones, like Dawn of the New World for the Wii which is a VERY love-or-hate title--I personally ADORE it, but many others hate it with a burning passion), and both sides are very vocal--and very ready to jump in and defend their point of view! (Drama is never far off, mostly because many fans are almost scarily passionate about why they love or hate certain titles. Also, Unpleasable Fanbase. >_> Which can be annoying... But then, every fandom can be like that, ahaha)

Edit: I just cannot stress how in love with Graces I am right now. I just stopped playing for the time being, since I have class in the morning, but I put in 12 hours because I just couldn't stop. And a decent chunk of that was me just grinding away for the hell of it. Love the battle system so much!

Edited by KageSora

Hmm.. based from the posts I read here, I really should try to play Tales of Symphonia. Looks like it's the fave of the lot.

I've only played Tales of Phantasia and Tales of Eternia. I loved Phantasia (Cless and Arche FTW!) but found Eternia long and boring. Still, haven't finished it. Just sits there on my PSP. One day, I'll return to it.

Tales of Graces f has reached North America! Don't forget to pick up your copy ASAP!

The game is fantastic so far! Child!Hubert is ADORABLE! I mean, just look at his face! akdfjsd I just want to hug him! Also loving Sophie, and I think the voice cast is fantastic so far!

Just a reminder to Tales fans who wish to post... Please be sure to mark spoilers, and use the following to be sure that your spoilers aren't visible to those who wish to avoid them: (this goes for both TotA and ToGf)

[color=white]-insert spoilers here-[/color]

I' m definitely loving Asbel's big brother 'Tiger Festival'. wink.gif

And absolutely with the voice-actors. Pascal is FANTASTIC!!!!

It's my new favorite. And I've loved Symphonia for years, and only had Graces for two weeks(Estimated time.)

Picked up Graces f a few days after it came out, but I've only played it for about 8 hours. :c I feel kind of like a bad fan. xd.png

I really like it so far, though. Adoring Pascal. <3

I' m definitely loving Asbel's big brother 'Tiger Festival'. wink.gif

And absolutely with the voice-actors. Pascal is FANTASTIC!!!!

It's my new favorite. And I've loved Symphonia for years, and only had Graces for two weeks(Estimated time.)

I want somebody to seriously name their child Tiger Festival. That would be a fantastic name for a kid. xd.png And I love the VA work, too! I think they're all great matches for their personalities. :3 Pascal is great. I could pretty much tell right away it would be my second favorite Tales game, and it totally is. <3

Hmm.. based from the posts I read here, I really should try to play Tales of Symphonia. Looks like it's the fave of the lot.

Yeah, if you can find a copy of it, that's a good one to play. :3

Picked up Graces f a few days after it came out, but I've only played it for about 8 hours. :c I feel kind of like a bad fan. xd.png

I really like it so far, though. Adoring Pascal. <3

Don't fee bad, all that matters is you're playing it now!

And yes, Pascal is really great. I just love her so much. xd.png She totally ships Richard/Asbel, and I love her behavior towards Sophie. xd.png And just about anything and everything.

My only problem with Richard's VA is that he throws me off with which words he stresses in his sentences. For example, in that one scene I expected him to say "It's nothing compared to the pain I feel," but instead he says "It's nothing compared to the pain I feel. It's just... awkward sometimes. It doesn't make sense in the context.

But other than that... gosh, I wish I had more time to play the game. It's awesome. There have also been these pictures of weapon/item descriptions floating around, and they're hilarious, such as "Fandom's Light." Nice translation team this time around xd.png

Some characters in Tales have always stressed odd words. I remember in ToS there was a line from Raine that sounded like she was running out of breath, and then she oddly stressed the word angel.

I have yet to play a Tales game, but Tales of the Abyss and Graces f both look good. Can anyone recommend which games of the series are the best?

Honestly, that's hard to do. Each game has a vocal group of people who claim it's the best, but also a group of very vocal people who claim it's the worst ever.

If you're just starting out, Tales of Symphonia for the GameCube tends to be a decent choice, since it gets more praise than hate in general. Abyss is very good, but people complain that the main character starts out really jerky (very relevant to the plot), I've seen a lot of complaints that the last third or so felt tacked on--ditto that for Vesperia. If you have a 3DS, I'd go with that version of Abyss since the PS2 version is buggy as hell.

Graces is very great, though. The battle system is very different from what we're used to in the Tales games outside of Japan, and requires more strategy to button mashing (well, at the very least it needs more strategic button mashing, hahaha). The VA work is overall very good, and in general has been getting praise. The skit style is different from the previous style used in Tales games, and I much prefer it myself.

Graces is a lot more... Well, Abyss is a much darker game. So if you prefer that, you should try Abyss first, but if you prefer a lighter game then go with Graces.

That's not to say that Abyss isn't without humor (it has some excellent humor, much of which comes from Jade and his snark), or that Graces can't be dark (it has it's urgent moments, and it's got some parts that have been very saddening so far). Just that overall Graces isn't quite as dark as Abyss.

Or at least that's what it feels like to me.

But Aybss has an insane amount of work put into the details, details many players probably will never even notice. Hell, they even explain why you can only have four people fighting at once instead of the entire party.

Urggggg!

I'm at the end of the end, and I can't beat it! I've been trying for two weeks!

Lambda's easy, but after that I can't beat the lady's "Killing Field".

Nevermind. Just beat her. Hourglasses playing as Hubert helped me... Weird...

Edited by Ryuu2

I still can't get over how awesome the battle system is. xd.png

But man, Little Queen was a pain in the but. Lambda was surprisingly easy. xd.png

Yeah, it was fun battling Lambda though. In my opinion.

I did enjoy the battle, I was just really surprised how easy it was.

...Might also have had something to do with a bit over overlevelling as well as very powerful dualized equipment because I'm addicted to dualizing and battles. xd.png