KageSora

Tales of...

Is there any info on Tales of characters' birthdays? Specifically Symphonia. I wanted to do a picture of characters in a zodiac, but I can't find anything.

I was looking at zodiac descriptions to choose some myself, and I came across this.

Pisces Secret Desire: To live their dreams and turn fantasies into realities.

Emil.

Is there any info on Tales of characters' birthdays? Specifically Symphonia. I wanted to do a picture of characters in a zodiac, but I can't find anything.

I was looking at zodiac descriptions to choose some myself, and I came across this.

Pisces Secret Desire: To live their dreams and turn fantasies into realities.

Emil.

Nope. Not for Symphonia, at any rate. The art book contains a bunch of character bio info, but nothing on birthdates.

Awesome news: Some places have pre-orders for ToGf and TotA 3DS up!

GameStop is taking in-store pre-orders for both, you'd need to ask. Called up my local one earlier to be sure. :3

I'll just copy the list from this note on Facebook:

Tales of the Abyss for 3DS

Tales of Graces f

I dunno if the dates are set, but TotA is slated to come out this fall. :3

I pre-ordered both of 'em just a little bit ago~ I'm so happy~<3

I wish I'd have a PS3 by 2012. Probably won't happen, and I will cry... >.>

After over a year of owning an unopened xbox and ToV I have finally decided to play it. xd.png

xd.png Hahaha, I had my copy for over a year before I played it, too, but mostly because I never had a chance to since I was sharing my brother's 360. xd.png From what I've played of it so far, it's pretty fun. :3

xd.png Hahaha, I had my copy for over a year before I played it, too, but mostly because I never had a chance to since I was sharing my brother's 360. xd.png From what I've played of it so far, it's pretty fun. :3

For me, I have a PS3 (actually, all three consoles...) and a gaming computer. My computer is my first choice of platform and most Xbox games are also on PC or PS3, so I just have other options... the only game in the world I wanted on 360 was ToV, and so I've been debating opening it for so long. But I played about 4 hours of it today at my boyfriends house and I think I might as well just break into it now. xd.png

So... what ARE the differences between the TotA 3DS version and the PS2 version? Is it just a port with an (obvious) forced lower resolution? Because if it is I'm having a hard time justifying buying it.

Edit: Sorry for the double post, but also bump for good measure... had to go back a fair ways to find this thing.

Edited by 7Deadly$ins

Wait what. So Abyss is definitely coming to EU? blink.gif

About goddamn time! I'm sick to death of us getting shafted when it comes to the Tales games! Japan and America are a-ok, but hurr let's ignore the rest of the world! I played Symphonia (hence my numerous avatars which are for some reason mostly Colette, despite Zelos being my fave char...) to death and was dying to play Abyss, but alas, it never came here. Until now. biggrin.gif

Finally! ~

Although the pain of never getting the PS2 rework of KH: Chains of Memories is still there. ¬_¬

Wait what. So Abyss is definitely coming to EU? blink.gif

About goddamn time! I'm sick to death of us getting shafted when it comes to the Tales games! Japan and America are a-ok, but hurr let's ignore the rest of the world! I played Symphonia (hence my numerous avatars which are for some reason mostly Colette, despite Zelos being my fave char...) to death and was dying to play Abyss, but alas, it never came here. Until now. biggrin.gif

Finally! ~

Although the pain of never getting the PS2 rework of KH: Chains of Memories is still there. ¬_¬

America gets maybe half the Tales games on a good day.

America gets maybe half the Tales games on a good day.

Still more than us. =<

Though saying that, we still get an easier ride than Australia.

After seven years(!!!!) I've finally finished Tales of Symphonia~!

Naah~ Whoo-hoo~

It was a amazing game.

I'll probably never play it again, for fear of something happening to it.(I eve built a small shrine to it... >.>)

Great game, though.

So... what ARE the differences between the TotA 3DS version and the PS2 version? Is it just a port with an (obvious) forced lower resolution? Because if it is I'm having a hard time justifying buying it.

Edit: Sorry for the double post, but also bump for good measure... had to go back a fair ways to find this thing.

Hrm... I don't know. I know the port is going to have all the extra features the NA version got that the JP version didn't have, but I don't know if it's going to have anything besides that--so basically, if you played the NA version I don't know if it'll have any real changes.

Wait what. So Abyss is definitely coming to EU?  blink.gif

About goddamn time! I'm sick to death of us getting shafted when it comes to the Tales games! Japan and America are a-ok, but hurr let's ignore the rest of the world! I played Symphonia (hence my numerous avatars which are for some reason mostly Colette, despite Zelos being my fave char...) to death and was dying to play Abyss, but alas, it never came here. Until now.  biggrin.gif

Finally! ~

Yes, yes it is--November 10th, in fact! Of this year. biggrin.gif

It really sucks how little you guys get in the EU, not as bad as Australia, but still. But Japan still just kinda says 'SCREW YOU!" to everybody outside their country... But I'm real glad you guys will get TotA at last!

Hey, great news! Xillia sold a ton of copies! Week one sales were over half a million! Hopefully that'll convince them to localize it in the rest of the world...

I saw biggrin.gif That's great that it's doing so well. With that, plus (hopefully) good sales for Abyss and Graces, maybe they'll be convinced to localize Xillia.

But really, why does Abyss keep getting delayed...? =/

It's been delayed? For what localization? EU? I don't think NA actually ever got an official release date...

Tales of Symphonia was my first game in the series and I really love it. I never get tired of playing it. The sequel, however...ticked me off. While some game mechanics were improved, such as the free running around the battled field, I was angry that every time Marta left the part for even five minutes, you had to rearrange your fighting formation. And I really wanted to be able to play as the old characters for more than just one level.

Not to mention the fact that Namco's dubbing studio couldn't even get all the old characters' voice actors back for the project!! None of the characters sounded like themselves, except Colette.

The characters Emil and Marta annoyed me as well. The only thing I liked about either of them at all was Emil's voice actor.

Anyway.

I played Tales of the Abyss, too, and I really liked it. Luke is a pretty funny character at times, with the whole 'displaced noble' attitude. But I like ToS more because of the nostalgia factor. It came out when I was ten, so I've kind of grown up with it in a way.

Well Namco doesn't work with unions anymore so they couldn't hire the old voice actors. Scott Menville doesn't even do voice acting anymore. Anyway, I pretend the sequel doesn't exist. I hated many things that it did plot wise, and I feel like everytime the old characters showed up it was mostly for fanservice.

I hated many things that it did plot wise, and I feel like everytime the old characters showed up it was mostly for fanservice.

I feel the same way. They were basically just trying to pander to the people who played the first game.

And Scott Menville doesn't voice act anymore? I didn't know that. What a shame. :c

I think they said fall or holiday for Abyss in NA, then they pushed it back to 2012. For some reason that usually turns out to mean spring =/

I'm sorry, I always expect the worst for Tales games xd.png maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

...Am I the only one who's cool with DotNW? My only specific dislike is the change in voice actors, but I'm tired of raging over that. I just set the Japanese voices as their voices in my head so I have something constant, and ignore the English ones tongue.gif

I think they said fall or holiday for Abyss in NA, then they pushed it back to 2012. For some reason that usually turns out to mean spring =/

I'm sorry, I always expect the worst for Tales games xd.png maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

...Am I the only one who's cool with DotNW? My only specific dislike is the change in voice actors, but I'm tired of raging over that. I just set the Japanese voices as their voices in my head so I have something constant, and ignore the English ones tongue.gif

I don't think they pushed it back--the rumor that it's going to be in 2012 seems to stem from the fact that the placeholder date GameStop is using for pre-orders (since they can't take any without at least some kind of date in the system, so they just make one up that's pretty far out if they're not given a specific one) is for 2012. It's by no means set in stone, so it could very well come out sooner or later than that.

And no, you're not the only one--I love the game. It's not just my favorite Tales game, it's my favorite game of all time, and has held that spot for quite some time now. Of course, half the reasons I love the game are personal reasons, and it seriously did save my life, but I personally really enjoyed the new cast of characters (wouldn't have minded terribly if the old cast wasn't there as much/at all, personally), and I loved the plot to death. It's the only thing that's inspired me to really write a decent amount of fanfiction, too, ahahaha. xd.png

Aaaaand I totally had something else to say, but my train of thought died. ._.;; WAIT I REMEMBER NOW. The other day while I was working, somebody came up to my register, and all I could see was a small bit of the cover and part of the title of the game, but I knew instantly that it was ToS2--best sale ever, and the guy seemed interested when I let him know about TotA 3DS and ToGf. biggrin.gif

Edited by KageSora

I kept forgetting to post this, but apparently my high school is "the most haunted," so my teacher was telling us the "real" version of one of our stories, The White Nun. (it's a convent... well, used to be, really)

The nun in question was named Symphonia. xd.png

So you know nuns wear habits and all, right? In the summer they wear white ones instead of black. Symphonia would walk around this one path all the time and hum to herself. When she died, people would still hear her walking and humming.

Now, lots of that path is gone because we sold the land to make condos, and the science building takes up some of it. Sometimes, when the science or robotics classes are working after school, she comes in and asks them what they're doing, then smiles and walks down the path. If you follow her, she'll walk down the path to the wall of the condos, where the path should continue, and disappear.

Just wanted to share because of the name. My friends don't play, but they know the game and kept looking at me chuckling in my seat at the back of the class xd.png