KageSora

Tales of...

Wow, why did I not see this topic sooner?

*makes self at home here*

I need to get un-lazy and finish Graces f myself, even though I've already seen the entire future chapter.

Just found out that Emil and Richter are gonna be playable characters in Radiant Mythology 3.

alsdkjfla;sg,ll;jfafksdfgasjdfasdfjasdfhasj HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS SOONER. WHAT THE censorkip.gif IS WRONG WITH ME.

THEY SURE AS censorkip.gif BETTER BRING THAT GAME OVER OR HEADS WILL ROLL. I'm pissed enough they never brought VS over! Dx

/loves Master Richter far too much

/love Emil far too much

They also sure as censorkip.gif better not get a new VA for Emil or Richter if they do bring it over. D< Head will roll then, too!

On the 3DS subject... Yeah, from what I see, it's really turning into a big fail compared to what it was thought to be... Pathetic battery life, region-locked... I'm probably not gonna bother getting one until they do the inevitable revision with better stats and stuff. ...Unless they released TotA 3DS here, then I'd get one. X

And, I can't be sure exactly, but I think I read something about the PR guy for Namco saying that this would be a good year for all the Namco fans. (He's aware of the Tales fans being Not Pleased by the lack of localizations and the displeasure from .hack fans about LINK). So maybe we'll get a nice announcement? Maybe.... TotA 3DS? Or Xillia...? One can hope, right?

@Luna: Hey therE! ^.=.^ What's your favorite Tales game?

Edited by KageSora

Ah, don't blame yourself, it was just revealed D= we're still slowly getting tidbits of info. Check out Tales Union, it's awesome.

It'll probably be Xillia, just cuz it's the 15th anniversary and stuff. But, yeah, let's just hope so...

I saw a pathetic battery life for the 3DS on wikipedia, but 3DS Buzz says 13 hours (unconfirmed). It probably has something to do with the brightness level, 3d level, etc etc... Sigh. Welp, I like to get the first version just because (still rocking the fat DS biggrin.gif ) so I'll let ya know how that goes.

Ehhh voice actors DX that's why I love the Japanese games so much. They always get the same ones. I'm watching the Abyss anime and just loving the voices. But yeah, hope they can manage to keep them... if they do localize it. >_<

Oh, and just wanted to share with people who would understand...

It's not subbed, but you should get the gist of it. Join a kindergarten class with Shing, Kohak, Luke, and Asch, along with Guy-sensei. Hilarity ensues. Repribruibruibruibruibruibruibruibruibruibruibruicaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Still. xd.png I must have it if they localize iiiiiit... RICHTER <3 /fan obsession mode

And hopefully if they bring Xillia, it will sell well enough to entice them to bring more over.

And I really, relaly, really, want them to get the same VA's, I LOVE how JYB did Emil's voice, and I love the way Richter sounds. <3 especially when he laughs. xd.png

@Luna: Hey therE! ^.=.^ What's your favorite Tales game?

Hi! As far as my favorite Tales game goes... well, I think my icon hints at that, though it got a little squished when I uploaded it. tongue.gif Symphonia/DotNW, then Graces (f over the original because I like the addition of the future chapter). I've played Abyss and I've got Vesperia, Rebirth, Destiny, Eternia, RM, RM2 and Legendia in my pile of stuff to play.

*facepalms* The only reason I can think of to why I didn't realize who was in your icon is probably because it's light and I was tired when I posted. xd.png (...I feel the need to ask, is it Emil, Ratatosk, or Aster? Or just not specified? xd.png)

biggrin.gif I love ToS2, it's my absolute favorite game! ^.=.^

I wish I could understand Japanese, I'd import Graces if I could. xd.png Abyss is fun, but I've been putting that off for a little because, well, after it crashed on me I don't have the will to play lately, ahah...

I've played a little of ToV, it's fun. And I absolutely LOVE RM. biggrin.gif

Which is your favorite Tales Character? :3

Luna, your icon reminds me of a video someone put up about making an Emil wig for cosplay. She called it a battle to get that one strand of hair to stand up properly, and it took three hours to get it to. She used to see it as cute, but now she has a grudge against it xd.png It's cute though. The icon, I mean. (And Emil too xd.png)

You have so many of the games, I'm jealous... Still trying to collect em here, eheh.

Ugh, Kage, I know how you feel about the crash sad.gif but play it. It's goood. Yesterday we were at my friends house for a few hours, and I had them watch the anime. They liked it! They want me to burn cds for them, I'm so happy biggrin.gif

Luna, your icon reminds me of a video someone put up about making an Emil wig for cosplay. She called it a battle to get that one strand of hair to stand up properly, and it took three hours to get it to. She used to see it as cute, but now she has a grudge against it xd.png It's cute though. The icon, I mean. (And Emil too xd.png)

You have so many of the games, I'm jealous... Still trying to collect em here, eheh.

Ugh, Kage, I know how you feel about the crash sad.gif but play it. It's goood. Yesterday we were at my friends house for a few hours, and I had them watch the anime. They liked it! They want me to burn cds for them, I'm so happy biggrin.gif

I will play it again, eventually. I just need to get the will to do it back, ahahaha. Sometimes I go for months after losing something before I'll touch it again, but I'll eventually do it again. xd.png

Yeah, it's Emil in my icon-- and he's actually my favorite Tales character, followed up by Richard from Graces, I'd say. I guess I just have a thing for Tales blonds.

You should import Graces anyway; we're getting closer to done on the fan translation for it and then we'll be doing f as well once that's finished. biggrin.gif

And I can definitely see how trying to get that strand of hair to stand up would be a pain. I'm thinking lots and lots of hairspray and something like an empty soda can to hold it in place while it dries. xd.png

Yeah, it's Emil in my icon-- and he's actually my favorite Tales character, followed up by Richard from Graces, I'd say.  I guess I just have a thing for Tales blonds.

You should import Graces anyway; we're getting closer to done on the fan translation for it and then we'll be doing f as well once that's finished.  biggrin.gif

And I can definitely see how trying to get that strand of hair to stand up would be a pain.  I'm thinking lots and lots of hairspray and something like an empty soda can to hold it in place while it dries.  xd.png

There's just something adorable and irresistible about Emil. <3

Haaaa.... I might, but... I can't remember exactly, but there may be hope for a localization of F yet.

Of course, if it does get localized I'll have to get a PS3, and I'm broke, ahahah... But I'd still buy it, even if I didn't have a PS3 yet. xd.png

Edited by KageSora

Totally forgot to come here, eh. Join in the speculating fun.

user posted image

Prettier

The Namco guy on Twitter said this would be a hint to a surprise that we'd all be happy with. "To start off the week, We've created a great puzzle for you to solve that will lead to something I GUARANTEE that you will be excited about. The puzzle is hard, but I will be giving out clues and hints to help you along. Stay Tuned for more… -FilthieRich"

Everyone got all excited about it, so he said he'd give a hint today if he got to 3,000 followers on Twitter. A few hours later he did, so he gave us these two hints: A picture of Pacman balls in an F, and a hint that the gold symbol on the first line = F.

That's all we've gotten from him, really. The rest is speculation.

I think the first line has to do with Graces F, because of the F, and the second line with Abyss for 3DS because the blue one in the middle looks like a Roman numeral X with the lines on top (and Abyss was the 10th anniversary game), and the last symbol in the second line looks like a DS if you imagine the barely missing lines. Someone came up with links to meanings for the symbols, and the dragon was "rich," so maybe it's about thanking the guy Rich for this, or something.

Gah, hopeful speculation is hopeful. If it's those two games, I called it 8D

You could go on Facebook and chat in the comments, but the guy on Twitter said he's not saying any more today, so it's dying down. Namco Bandai FB

I've seen speculation that this might have to do with TotA because the "F" is made of Pacman, and Jade has a Pacman on his belt.

Somebody seems to have decoded the message, though, and it seems to spell out "ataleoftworichards.com" which is an actual site.

Somebody ran the image on the site through a filter, and it really does resemble the Graces F logo. I hope Graces F comes out. I don't have a PS3, but I would buy that game anyway. Then get a PS3. For sure.

But I'm still of the feeling that this isn't over until a Tales game is on the shelves outside of Japan. Then we can relax.

EDIT: Stuart checked out the site with whois.net, and it seems the site was created on the 12th, so it's unlikely that somebody else made it to troll the fans, seeing as we hadn't seen the glyph until then.

EDIT 2: Looks like Namco has confirmed that ataleoftworichards.com was the solution!

Edited by KageSora

Duuude it really does look like Graces F is coming here! biggrin.gif I'm glad they finally decided to start listening to the fans...

Still, they're calling it "Day 1," so maybe there's more to come...

Yeah! For once, not even my pessimistic views can keep me from being pretty hopeful at this point!

And hopefully they'll have more announcements that will be fun! Like LINK. xd.png Or TotA 3DS!

I'm really interested to see what else they have in store! I'm glad they've finally learned that ignoring their fanbase is a bad idea!

...Of course, if now they turn out to be trolling us, they're censorkip.gif ing screwed... /moment of pessimism

Seriously, if this guy turns out to be trolling us, it'll be a nightmare for them.

But yeah, hopeful~ Their way of dealing with this is interesting, too. Like they're intentionally keeping us guessing while dangling the answer right in front of us to raise excitement and anticipation so whatever it is/they are will be well received.

Guys. The ataleoftworichards site updated. It looks like the ToV logo. If this is legit, if this really is happening, we might get ToV PS3 and ToGF localized! I can't wait for tomorrow!

O_o Yessssssssssssssssss!!

Hahah, my wallet is crying over the thought of just how broken it's going to be if all this turns out to happen.

Of course, if Namco turns out to be trollin' us at this point, there will be hell to pay... But this looks like it's really gonna happen! ^.=.^

As soon as we get an official announcement with information and stuff, we gotta do everything we can to get the word out about the games, to make them a success! If we can do that, if we can get people to buy the games, maybe they'll bring more over!

Eheh, this is the reason I work. I'll definitely spread the word online, but only one person in my group of friends has a PS3... I'll have to persuade her to buy one xd.png Along with my IM buddy...

Yup yup, perfect excuse to get my friends into Tales.

TALES OF GRACES F IS CONFIRMED TO BE GETTING A RELEASE IN NA.

We don't have a date yet, but we have confirmation! censorkip.gif YEAH!

I'm really happy about it, but it's kinda annoying to see all the people going "Y U NO GIVE US WII VURZUN?!" instead of realizing there's pretty much no way in hell they'd release an inferior version alongside the better one, especially one that was canceled. >.=.>

And it was kinda a dick move for them to show the ToV logo on Day 6, then just pretend it never happened. The ToV fans are pissed about that, and rightfully so--Rich lied about it, too. :<

But it's amazing that we've got a step forwards now, we can hopefully spread the word and get sales good enough to use this momentum to get them to localize other games!

And now that the Tales fans are backing off a bit, looks like the LINK fans are taking over spamming for stuff. xd.png

Heheh, if it's not one thing it's another. I am kinda bummed out about Vesperia, and I would like Link to get here, but I'm not too worried about that right now. I just want Graces to do well so they're encouraged to release them later. I'm good with waiting.

Gosh, though, this is making me realize just how crazy the fanbase is. It will never be satisfied.

Tales is an unpleasable fanbase. :<

I mean, everybody has a right to be bummed, but they could be more polite about it, right?

...I really hope they'll release RM3, ahahah, even if they probably won't. xd.png

TALES OF GRACES F IS CONFIRMED TO BE GETTING A RELEASE IN NA.

We don't have a date yet, but we have confirmation! censorkip.gif YEAH!

YEA!

I'll buy it in about... Seven years...