KageSora

Tales of...

Ohh. Hm... that's true though, I can't remember ever seeing an ad for a Tales game; I learned about them through word of mouth and get all my info by stumbling upon it or searching.

Gosh, it's their own fault, then. Whoever runs the advertising needs to be replaced dry.gif

It's also funny that they don't want to sell them here when there are oodles of people clamoring for them on forums and the like. I was talking to some people who all were gonna send them emails asking them to please release Vesperia for the PS3 in America. When so many people want to buy it, why do they not release it for fear they won't sell? dry.gif

Ohh. Hm... that's true though, I can't remember ever seeing an ad for a Tales game; I learned about them through word of mouth and get all my info by stumbling upon it or searching.

Gosh, it's their own fault, then. Whoever runs the advertising needs to be replaced dry.gif

It's also funny that they don't want to sell them here when there are oodles of people clamoring for them on forums and the like. I was talking to some people who all were gonna send them emails asking them to please release Vesperia for the PS3 in America. When so many people want to buy it, why do they not release it for fear they won't sell? dry.gif

There was a huge movement on facebook, too. Like 3/4 of the fans of Namco Games are there only for Tales, and we've been spamming them with requests for a few months now. Big game sites want Tales. Players want Tales. It's amazing that they think Tales will not sell well.

And I agree, whoever is in charge of advertising needs to be replaced with somebody who understands teh concept of more advertising = more people who know about it = more potential buyers.

I found out about Tales because I was bored, and finally caved and rented Tales of Symphonia, even though it seemed like a game I wouldn't like. I was hooked, and I remember my friend mentioning Legendia to me. Then I heard about ToS2 a little while before it was released, grabbed a copy of the game day it came out, got involved online with fans, and checked out other games because of them. Not ONCE have I ever seen an ad, though I've heard rumors that they actually exist...

I hope we can convince them to release the rest of the tales games. One game didn't sell so well(I think) that they released to US, and they refused after that.

I hope we can convince them to release the rest of the tales games. One game didn't sell so well(I think) that they released to US, and they refused after that.

Gee, I wonder WHY it didn't sell well? </sarcasm> Namco sure as hell doesn't seem to understand. -pokes their non-existent Tales advertising- xd.png

But yeah, it would be nice if we could convince them... Some of the Facebook spamming has gotten kind of... Abusive... As people get more and more pissed...

But yeah, it would be nice if we could convince them...  Some of the Facebook spamming has gotten kind of...  Abusive...  As people get more and more pissed...

Well, that's not a good idea... dry.gif

Someone broke my Natalia figure's bow. THAT SOMEONE WILL PAY

I need to get plexiglass or something to cover them when people come over mad.gif

*cough* But yes. Hm, maybe if they let all of the fans pledge to buy a game if it was translated and released here, and if they got enough pledges they would make it, and people would have to buy them because they made a legal agreement.

Gosh, shouldn't have to go that far, though rolleyes.gif

Edit: Found this

user posted image

Edited by AAurion

@AAurion--Where did you find that?

@saraswee1: Basically, Namco is a mean evil company that thinks they will make money not by listening to what fans want but by telling the fans what they want, and then having no idea what went wrong when the sales bomb horribly and their game is a flop compared to what they figured they'd make. *pokes Enslaved* They ignore the people who are asking for them to localize Tales games, basically saying "**** YOU NON-JAPANESE FANS!" and refusing to release Tales games outside Japan. They don't advertise games like Tales, and then they don't understand why people don't buy their games.

Basically, they're steadily turning a large number of their fans against them, and they don't seem to realize why. Despite the fans being very vocal.

Facebook, someone submitted it to their page. (Edit, by "their" I mean Namco's) There's also a Tales of Revolution page/group thing, they have lots of pictures on Namco's page too. I joined it biggrin.gif

Edited by AAurion

Facebook, someone submitted it to their page. (Edit, by "their" I mean Namco's) There's also a Tales of Revolution page/group thing, they have lots of pictures on Namco's page too. I joined it biggrin.gif

Hahah, I love going through the pictures people are posting on their FB, and spammin' them with posts. But I can't think of anything more to say to them right now. :< Now I wanna make a DC reference on their wall... xd.png

Edited by KageSora

Heheh, I was looking through the posts Namco made on their wall, and how many people turn it around to ask for Graces to be localized xd.png

My, we are desperate.

That's awesome.

I kinda wish I had a facebook just to laugh at Namco for all those who posted against them.

Haaa... It's kinda fun to see all the people who are posting, I've met a few people through it.

DUDE

Why did I not know about the limited edition of ToGf?? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Gosh, my potential for being a mad collector is coming out >_< Anyone know anything about getting it now? Apparently it was/is sold on just one website, and it ships only though Japan, so I'd have to use a forwarding service... and I can't tell if it was only preorder or if there are any still available... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

*Is totally gonna have a house full of collections of things like this when I grow up* ._.

DUDE

Why did I not know about the limited edition of ToGf?? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Gosh, my potential for being a mad collector is coming out >_< Anyone know anything about getting it now? Apparently it was/is sold on just one website, and it ships only though Japan, so I'd have to use a forwarding service... and I can't tell if it was only preorder or if there are any still available... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

*Is totally gonna have a house full of collections of things like this when I grow up* ._.

You could try looking around online, some people buy those things just to sell them to others... But that would be a very high price, I'd imagine...

You could try looking around online, some people buy those things just to sell them to others... But that would be a very high price, I'd imagine...

Yeah, that's my problem. *pokes LE Vesperia set*

Maybe I can just convince my collector's personality to just go away...

Good luck with that, I have a hard time getting my collectors side to quiet down. And even when it does, it doesn't go away all the way. *gazes sadly at many ZOIDS that are currently unaffordable*

*cough* On topic...

So, people seen the Tales of Xillia trailer yet? I almost have hope that they may someday let it leave Japan.

I haven't gotten the chance to look it up. I've been playing through Symphonia, I just beat it and am waiting for the credits to go by...

Gah, stupid post-game depression. You never seem to fail me... Especially when I spend all day playing.

This and the first time I played through, I kept Kratos in my party, but this time I made a second save file right before that choice, so now I'll beat it again with Zelos, I guess. I don't know how things go if you choose that path.

Edit: Made a stop at Gamestop today (pun totally not intended dry.gif ) and I found Tales of Phantasia for GBA for $5. Of course, I got it, but of course my collector's side is upset at the sticker and lack of box. Once I'm done fooling around in Symphonia, I'll take a look at it tongue.gif *still wants the new PSP version* +_+

Edited by AAurion

Mmm, ToP is a fun game. I need to get back to it... Actually, I need to finish RM, TotA, and ToP... Ahahaha... I'm always getting sidetracked with too many games. xd.png

I've played Tales of Symphonia, Abyss, and Vesperia. Of those, I have only beaten Tales of Symphonia.

Loved Symphonia. I think that it's my favorite GameCube game, with a possible tie with Twilight Princess. I logged about 60 hours on that game, which was probably the most I've ever logged in a single game, again with a tie with Twilight Princess.

I have yet to finish Abyss, and I am not sure if I will ever be able to bring myself to come back to it. What ruined the game for me was the absolutely horrific load times on the PS2. When the load times are longer than the actual battles, it's time to move on. Maybe it's my twitchy attention span.

I am currently in the midst of Vesperia, about 30 hrs in. While Vesperia seems to be more "talky" to me than Symphonia, I still find that I am engrossed in the storyline and the characters. It's quite amazing how much these games can suck you up. I once looked up and found that I had spent the past 45 mins just organizing my characters and their Skills. Sad, I know. rolleyes.gif

Would be great if they released more onto the 360. Oh well, guess I'll have to be satisfied with what I have for the meantime.

I really love Abyss, but I haven't touched it in a while... I don't know when I'll get back to it, but what turned me off was it crashed when I was literally going to the screen with the save point after a ton of traveling around and it was just... D: I hate the load times, too, but for me the story and gameplay are good enough that I can overlook them. Hopefully they'll bring teh 3DS port outside Japan...

I've got my own 360 now, so I can play ToV! biggrin.gif

Unfortunately, I don't think they'll be doing much on the 360 anymore, I think they're gonna use PS3 as their platform of choice... Not that it'll matter, they seem to not want to bring games outside Japan anyway... :<

Ooh, nice. Were you just hoarding ToV till you got a 360, or did you just get it now along with the system? xd.png

But yeah, it seems like Tales games are mostly geared toward Playstation systems. I mean, they've been on the Gamecube and Wii, but then shortly after Playstation counterparts (with extra features ಠ_ಠ) were released in Japan...

Ah well. Totally importing ToA for 3DS when it comes out.

Oh yeah, btw my bro found a site that's been working on a patch for Graces. You put it on your PS3, and it changes all the text to English. They're done with the beta, they're just testing it now =D Can't wait~

Edit: Sigh, if you can ignore the weird pictures on the sides, here are some articles of Namco fails...

We fail at using foreigners

Selling full games is no good

And apparently it's not just Vesperia, lots of games have been incomplete on the first release, hence the second one... But it looks like Xillia is only going to be for the PS3, so I hope they actually finish it before they release it...

Edited by AAurion

I admit to having been hoarding it since the day it came out. xd.png Actually, I could have played it using the 360 me and my brother shared, but I thought since I'd never get long enough to play it without him interrupting and wanting to play his stuff, I'd just hold on to it until I got my own system. xd.png

Mmm, will the 3DS be region free, or region locked? I really hope that they'll localize TotA 3DS...

Haaa, I've heard of the group doing the translation and stuff.

...Namco is just full of fail, it's so depressing how failtastic they are. :<

I really hope Xillia is complete, adn that they localize it...

Apparently it's going to be region locked, as part of their precautions against piracy DX

Just found out that Emil and Richter are gonna be playable characters in Radiant Mythology 3.

aaaaaaaa no why

why must they fail so much

If they'd just localize the games and advertise them, and give you the whole thing on the first round, the Tales series could do so much better over here ;_;

I'm going to have to force myself to learn Japanese at this rate...