KageSora

Tales of...

Haaa, I know, I have the soundtracks for both ToS and ToS2, and I still love them and have had them for quite a while. Tales games just have awesome music. biggrin.gif

Haaa... The 'best' ending is nice, but as an avid shipper of Richter/Emil, I like the implications of the 'normal' ending more. xd.png

You should try a second play-through of ToS2, I hear there's a hellishly hard dungeon that you can access the second time through. I've not actually tried it yet myself, though. Been too busy with other Tales games I'm trying to beat for the first time. xd.png

I can't help it. I like Richter a lot, but Emil and Marta had me at the scene in Altamira. tongue.gif

I'll have to check that dungeon out some other time, I'm busy with other games as well, plus what I like to call "preparations" for those other games. Gotta learn to drive so I can go out and collect all the games I've missed, and learn Japanese so I can play Tales games in Japanese. I got annoyed by the voices in DotNW dry.gif

See, I'm an example of someone who was born too late D= I have to catch up with the old games before I can look forward to the new xd.png

I can't help it. I like Richter a lot, but Emil and Marta had me at the scene in Altamira. tongue.gif

I'll have to check that dungeon out some other time, I'm busy with other games as well, plus what I like to call "preparations" for those other games. Gotta learn to drive so I can go out and collect all the games I've missed, and learn Japanese so I can play Tales games in Japanese. I got annoyed by the voices in DotNW  dry.gif

See, I'm an example of someone who was born too late D= I have to catch up with the old games before I can look forward to the new xd.png

My biggest problem is Marta's behavior towards Emil. She's much better towards the end of the game, but I really don't like her on a personal level towards the start. She reminds me too much of a guy I knew in high school who seemed to think the two of us were going out. I never got that memo. Her behavior towards Emil is too close to what I actually put up with for me to really like her too much. But I don't hate her. xd.png ...I just love Richter far, far, far, far more. Probably at an unhealthy level, actually. xd.png

Haaa... Good luck with that! Driving to get your own games is definitly more fun, and I should probably learn Japanese, too, ahahah, so many things I like will never leave Japan. xd.png

Yeah, I didn't get into Tales until ToS was out for quite a while. It's... Expensive and annoying to track down older games... Though I was lucky enough to find a copy of Abyss, and I was also lucky enough to find a copy of Phantasia and Radiant Mythology. For all the hate the GBA Phantasia gets, it's pretty fun. I'm definitely not looking forwards to trying to get Tales of Destiny and Tales of Eternia/Destiny 2 (and who thought to release Eternia as Destiny 2 in the US??), ahahah... Gah. So much money I don't have to spend... xd.png

Edited by KageSora

My biggest problem is Marta's behavior towards Emil. She's much better towards the end of the game, but I really don't like her on a personal level towards the start. She reminds me too much of a guy I knew in high school who seemed to think the two of us were going out. I never got that memo. Her behavior towards Emil is too close to what I actually put up with for me to really like her too much. But I don't hate her. xd.png ...I just love Richter far, far, far, far more. Probably at an unhealthy level, actually. xd.png

Haaa... Good luck with that! Driving to get your own games is definitly more fun, and I should probably learn Japanese, too, ahahah, so many things I like will never leave Japan. xd.png

Yeah, I didn't get into Tales until ToS was out for quite a while. It's... Expensive and annoying to track down older games... Though I was lucky enough to find a copy of Abyss, and I was also lucky enough to find a copy of Phantasia and Radiant Mythology. For all the hate the GBA Phantasia gets, it's pretty fun. I'm definitely not looking forwards to trying to get Tales of Destiny and Tales of Eternia/Destiny 2 (and who thought to release Eternia as Destiny 2 in the US??), ahahah... Gah. So much money I don't have to spend... xd.png

You're a lot farther along than I am, haha. Thanks, and good luck to us both smile.gif

I have to agree, though, I didn't like Marta much at the beginning of the game, but the first main reason I liked her and Richter was that they both pushed Emil to toughen up. I also enjoyed the skits that revealed that Richter was really a nice guy~

You're a lot farther along than I am, haha. Thanks, and good luck to us both smile.gif

I have to agree, though, I didn't like Marta much at the beginning of the game, but the first main reason I liked her and Richter was that they both pushed Emil to toughen up. I also enjoyed the skits that revealed that Richter was really a nice guy~

I loved those skits, too! And the part in the side-quests where eh laughs. That was awesome. Everybody's like "HOLY censorkip.gif RICHTER LAUGHED. IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE!?" and he's all "...WTF, am I not allowed to be amused...?" and Aqua's all "<3<3<3<3 DREAMY LAUGH I LOVE YOU MASTER RICHTER!" xd.png

I want Tales of Innocence so badly...

I love the japanese openings to the Symphonias

Original - Starry Heavens: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKvrF071I9g

Knights of Ratatosks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-yYVB4CQes

And I love the Tales of Innocence opening.

Innocence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV0hmUGpFxg&feature=related

Are any demons actually named in ToS/ToS2/ToP? All I hear is the demons, the higher demons, the lesser demons... All I know is there's probably a dragon named Nidhogg, just guessing from Norse mythology.

Nope, I don't think any demons are expressly named, but it's been ages since I played either ToS game, and I got sidetracked before I finished ToP... xd.png

Ehhhhh >=/ No fair. Not much is said about the demons, and I want to know more. The books I've found about mythology conveniently leave out the parts about Nifelheim and the eagle that lives on top of Yggdrasil (though, I guess in the game, he would have been on top of the Great Kharlan Tree).

How shall I write my fanfic?? D= (Never thought I'd type that)

Ehhhhh >=/ No fair. Not much is said about the demons, and I want to know more. The books I've found about mythology conveniently leave out the parts about Nifelheim and the eagle that lives on top of Yggdrasil (though, I guess in the game, he would have been on top of the Great Kharlan Tree).

How shall I write my fanfic?? D= (Never thought I'd type that)

Hahaha, fanfics are fun to write, I've officially written (and posted) 5 ToS2 fics, have two more in the works, another one I have the idea for all planned out, another at least 2 ideas planned, another that I've been requested to write, and one more that I'm doing as a collab with another fan. xd.png Tales is just so... Inspiring for creative fanworks I think. xd.png

As for the names of demons and such... Have you tried Internet searches? Or maybe none of them were really named explicitly at all? If all else fails, you could just invent names or come up with ways around using names...?

Edited by KageSora

I want Tales of Innocence so badly...

I played it... And beaten it too many times to count... There's an English patch for it, I think... But it has Japanese voice-acting, so that's awesome.

Technically, Ricardo Soldato's my favorite on ToI, so yeah... SNIPERS FTW! Only thing is that the game's too short... but there's always the dungeons and stuff.

And DoTNW is pretty decent. However, I can't find a fighting style I can stick with on there, since I prefer long-range weapons... so can someone help me out there?

@AAurion

Isn't the monsters on DoTNW that you can tame are demons? There's Fennir and some others like that... Iunno.

Hee hee, Sheena and Zelos. Zelos's Japanese voice is so entertaining when he's joking around. You guys have seen the animation, right?

I've watched three episodes of Tethe'alla Hen.

;P

Isn't the monsters on DoTNW that you can tame are demons? There's Fennir and some others like that... Iunno.

Fenrir isn't actually a demon. It's a wolf-type monster. And the demon-family monsters have names like "Imp" and "Gremlin" and "ArchDemon" and "Vroom" and "Lamia" and "Echidna" and stuff, not exactly demon-y names. Each one has a name it can have, but those don't really seem all that demon-y in general to me, but I can't remember some of mine, so... Ahahahah...

As for a long-range fighting stle... Sorry, can't help ya--I always had fun hakcin' things with Emil's sword. (Or Marta's spinner, in the times when I was getting the 'leave Emil out of battles' skits, those are depressing/hilarious. Poor Emil. xd.png)

"Leave Emil out of battles" skits? I don't remember ever leaving him out of a battle huh.gif

That's true, huh? Some monsters are classified as demons... If I tie it into Norse mythology, those would be the lesser demons, and the greater ones would be the ones in Nifelheim... eh.

Yeah, I have tried searches, but they've turned up nothing. I ended up looking for books in my school's library, and although the one I took home is very interesting, it's more about the gods and their tales than Yggdrasil and Nifelheim sleep.gif

Maybe I'll go back to my Wii, tame a bunch of demons, and see what their random names end up being... *shrug* I don't remember what mine were, either.

Ahh the third ep of Tethe'alla Hen is out?? Gotta go find it!

"Leave Emil out of battles" skits? I don't remember ever leaving him out of a battle huh.gif

Yah. You have to leave him out of a bunch of battles in a row. It's either 25 then 50 or 50 then 100. I can't remember. It just makes me wanna give him a big hug. You also get a pair of skits if you leave Marta out of the same number of battles.

The Emil ones are more sad/amusing, though.

Yah. You have to leave him out of a bunch of battles in a row. It's either 25 then 50 or 50 then 100. I can't remember. It just makes me wanna give him a big hug. You also get a pair of skits if you leave Marta out of the same number of battles.

The Emil ones are more sad/amusing, though.

Daw. I wanna try now. Sorry, Emil xd.png

Actually going to Cosplay "Lloyd" from Tales of Symphonia next Con if i can, i guess thats the only character i seen in quite a while that doesnt have "open" arenas in this costume ( like showing skin of their stomach like Luke from Tales of the Abyss )

Could have considered Chess or ( dont remember his name ) the summoner from the same game ( tales of pantasia )

However, playing ToS"2" lately, i still think its kinda wierd they magnified the personalities of the old cast....

Do you guys know of any good websites (in English, please) where I can get info on the games and good, updated, accurate info on upcoming and new games?

I feel so isolated ._. I'm searching around and realizing just how little I know...

I mean, damn, if I had known that there was a premium edition of Vesperia, I would have gotten it! And now there's (Japanese) Tales of Graces that I found out about by pure luck, and it comes out soon, so I'm gonna preorder that so I get "bonuses," according to Gamespot forums... see, I'm still confused.

Do you guys know of any good websites (in English, please) where I can get info on the games and good, updated, accurate info on upcoming and new games?

I feel so isolated ._. I'm searching around and realizing just how little I know...

I mean, damn, if I had known that there was a premium edition of Vesperia, I would have gotten it! And now there's (Japanese) Tales of Graces that I found out about by pure luck, and it comes out soon, so I'm gonna preorder that so I get "bonuses," according to Gamespot forums... see, I'm still confused.

I dunno about any really reliable ones in English, because, y'know, Namco will never release more Tales games outside of Japan because they hate the rest of the world and all. >.=.>

Also, yes, get those skits. They're sad/funny. xd.png

@Sarasweet1--There's only one Tales game for the Wii outside of Japan right now, Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. Tales of Graces is also for the Wii, but they're coming out with Tales of Graces F which is likes a better version of it that's for the PS3, IIRC, but that'll probably never leave Japan. Same with Graces. Because, well, see above. T.=.T But you can get the GameCube Tales of Symphonia if you have a Wii, that's one I really suggest playing, it's great. (So is ToS2).

@DracoKnight--Well, the game mostly focuses on the new cast, so the old cast being super true to their characters wasn't as important, I guess. But since I love Emil and Richter and BraeBrae Doggie Mr. Fairy Pawpad Tenebie Tenebrae, I didn't care once I got into it. xd.png

Edited by KageSora

I really need to look beyond what I see. I've been using the Aselia Tales Wiki for a long time, and only just realized there's a news section. Yay!

Aselia, the Tales Wiki

Yeah, it says all the stuff about Tales of Graces f and ToA for the 3ds. Apparently the Abyss info came from Namco's Japanese branch's twitter. Twitter

In other news, Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 for PSP will be out sometime in 2011, and a new unnamed game for the PS3 is being developed for the 15th anniversary =3

Yay, seems it'll promise a steady supply of info~

I plan to keep up with the new games so I can slowly gather the old ones I've missed xd.png

Edited by AAurion

@sarasweet1--Nope, it's not Tales--all the Tales games are titled "Tales of..."

@AAurion--The PS3 Tales is Tales of Xillia, IIRC.

And we pretty much have confirmation that no Tales games are gonna leave Japan again, so we're screwed if we can't understand Japanese and like the stories.. *sigh* Namco, must you be so... Idiotic? They want us to buy their games, then they fail to make us interested in their games. I fail to see how this is the fault of anybody but them. :|

And we pretty much have confirmation that no Tales games are gonna leave Japan again, so we're screwed if we can't understand Japanese and like the stories.. *sigh* Namco, must you be so... Idiotic? They want us to buy their games, then they fail to make us interested in their games. I fail to see how this is the fault of anybody but them. :|

Ever? Seriously?

I saw someone mention that Namco was in debt or something, but I have no source to say that that's true. But geez! Their games are popular enough here so that they're not loosing anything, what the heck...

Sigh. I'm gonna keep importing the new and collecting the old. I'm planning to major in Japanese in college anyway, so I'll come back and translate scripts for you guys smile.gif

They didn't explicitly say never, but the way it was worded... You can tell the only reason we weren't told 100% "NO NEVER SCREW YOU" was A) they want to keep us hoping because it looks better than telling us outright that they don't care about us, and B) It lets them cover their butts in the insanely unlikely event something changes.

The reason they don't want to bring Tales is because it won't sell enough, they feel. The reason Tales doesn't sell as well as they expect is because they clearly don't care enough to advertise it. And then they wonder why people haven't bought games they never heard of/never realized had left Japan. It's... Kind of funny, in a pathetic sort of way...