KageSora

Tales of...

...Not normally one for double posting, but... Just found this. I laughed so freakin' hard I had to stuff my hand in my mouth to stop myself from waking the rest of the house with howls of laughter.

Because I'm not swiping this one from DA The last panel. Just the last panel. Jade for the EPIC win.

...I guess a bit of spoilerishness if you've not played/gotten that far in Abyss, or if you didn't spoiler yourself silly already.

The first Tales of game I played was Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, and I LOVED it! I loved everything about the game, characters, gameplay, story line, everything. I have to admit that it was kind of short, but that just means I can play it and beat it more times.

My favorite character without a doubt would have to be the normal Emil. He really reminds me of myself in so many ways. He kind of even looks like me with the blond hair and green eyes. But I love how he develops throughout the game, and even fights without using Ratatosk. I also really liked Marta too^^ I can see where some people might think that she is annoying, but I thought for the most part she was a really cute character. And I liked how cute the two of them were together^^

I don’t know if I will play the first one, maybe, but I know I will pick up more Tales games as they come out.

Tales of Symphonia was my favorite, character-wise, because Kratos is drool-worthy. But I have to say I think Tales of the Abyss has better dialogue, even if the main character is a totally unlikeable jerk the first 1/3 of the game. I always played with Lloyd in the first one, and occasionally the dude with the manacles..whose name I've blanked out on. But I prefer Guy in Tales of the Abyss. Guy is awesome.

>.> I'm literally Summoner Sheena nao I have a summon egg

Edited by Ryuu2

Remember how I said a while back that I found a great-condition Tales Of Legendia at Gamestop?

Just got Tales Of The Abyss, also in great condition, from the same Gamestop. I think I love whoever sold it.

biggrin.gif That's great for you, TCA!

...I need to get back to playing Abyss... xd.png

I got Tales of the Abyss for Christmas last year, but I've finally got enough time to play it for hours straight. wink.gif

(Btw, to any who care, I've made a lineage project for the Tales series, and it needs some help getting started...)

ABYSS ABYSS ABYSS ABYSS ABYSS ABYSS ABYSS 8D

It came out on my birthday, so I figured 'Why the hell not?' and got it xd.png

Plus, I already owned Tales of Symphonia, so I tried it.

Guy is awesome.

Guy is pretty cool. I'm rather fond of Ion.

Ion was adorable..

I cried at his most important scene (Not spoiling).

;o;

BUT ASHE'S SCENE MADE ME CRY THE MOST!! The boss fight you encounter IMMEDIATELY after that kept murdering me, so I had to watch it OVER. AND OVER. AND OVER AGAIN ;O;

I have the music on my MP3 player, so hearing that song makes me almost cry all the time ;o;

i love tales of eternia. its not very well known for some reason, but it was the first psp game i ever got and it was amazing. i love keele X3 hes soooooo hot. they made an anime of the game but it wasnt set in the game, it was set in the middle of the game, and it wasnt very good, but i kept watching due to the adorableness of keeles blushing.

Speaking of Tales anime; I thought the Tales of the Abyss anime was decent. Of course it slightly changed various scenes, and altered the order of some on the game's events, but overall, it was quite a bit more accurate than others I've seen. It was only 26 episodes, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. (The anime was actually the reason I got the game in the first place.)

:/

I'm playing Tales Of The Abyss, at the part where I have to get to Belkend...

AND I'M LOST.

I can't find it, and I somehow got myself back to Baticul o.o

You'll be going back and forth a lot in this game, Animorph. ^^; Can you give an idea of what event set you're in?

If you're having to using a sea-bound route/making your first visit to Belkend, it's on the same continent; you need to get to the western side and land at Port Belkend, then go south from there overland.

If you're on the second story-related visit to Belkend, leave Baticul and head south-west until you see a bridge surrounded by flowers; that will take you into Inista Marsh and you can reach Belkend once you're through.

Do not try to approach any treasure boxes in the marsh, however, unless you're overleveled/equipped. There's a nasty special monster in there most players aren't ready for on their first play through.

Edited by Kyrieath

Right now I'm stuck at the point where St. Binah is about to fall. I lost to Dist's fon machine, so then I thought I'd try for the optional boss (pt. 2), and it wiped the floor with me...

I must train, I suppose.

And yeah, the back and forth thing is really annoying, and I get lost easily. ><

(Sometimes it takes me longer to get to a place then the time I actually spend there)

xd.png I get so lost in the maps on games, so I spent far more time than I needed wandering around lost in Abyss because I had no clue where I was going or what I was doing. xd.png

I was up until 1 last night trying to find my way to Chesedonia by land across the battlefield with Natalia's group... Then seeing as it was already so late, I played until 2.

I probably have like two-hundred hours on my first Abyss file because of the whole map and back and fourth thing. >_>

Edited by Saskia

It gets a lot more fun once you get the Albiore fully tuned up so you can fly where you like. The whole back'n forth thing never bothered me much since it gave time to see the little chat skits; even if they occasionally came up out of sequence on your new game+ plays if you were playing around with costume titles.

On that note; for anyone who hasn't thought to play with those on their replay- it's worth it in some cases to start goofing with the costume titles early on. You can get a fun scene with Luke and Guy in the starting stages of the game if you equip one of Luke's later costume titles before Guy shows up for the first time.

Edited by Kyrieath

It gets a lot more fun once you get the Albiore fully tuned up so you can fly where you like. The whole back'n forth thing never bothered me much since it gave time to see the little chat skits; even if they occasionally came up out of sequence on your new game+ plays if you were playing around with costume titles.

On that note; for anyone who hasn't thought to play with those on their replay- it's worth it in some cases to start goofing with the costume titles early on. You can get a fun scene with Luke and Guy in the starting stages of the game if you equip one of Luke's later costume titles before Guy shows up for the first time.

Ohhh... Really? Which one?

Ohhh... Really? Which one?

Any of the titles that shorten Luke's hair; I did it with his viscount costume though a friend of mine used his towel boy one. *snerk* They actually voice the altered lines as well for Guy's reaction to seeing Luke suddenly short haired instead of with his long hair.

...I will absolutely have to try that out! *will make notes on paper that lists titles and how to get which titles do that*

You know, I never really fooled with the titles; I just let them be. But if they can trigger extra scenes...

Anyway, currently trying to beat that fontech doll so I can get the elevator to work in the one sephiroth. lost the first time around, (per usual), so I guess I have to go train an restock my supplies thanks to Sync.

Oh yes; you also get a different scene if you do the same thing just before the scene in which he cuts his hair. Just fun little things you can get on a new game+ if you don't mind making the story a little more silly. wink.gif

I admittedly loved to play with the titles but that was also because of all the little chat scenes they'd also trigger if you left the character in them for X amount of time while fighting or just wandering the world.

I need to play through again and this time make sure to get the Abyssman titles. >.>

----

*L* Restocking after fighting Sync in particular is always a good idea. I've always found him to be the toughest of the Generals to take down since I'm not exactly gifted with fast reflexes and he's a little speed demon.