KageSora

Tales of...

<3

(Anyone else know where Ratatosk comes from in Mythology?)

Ratatosk is the squirrel on the great tree Yggdrasil in Nordic legend that is supposedly very wise and carries messages up and down the tree between the eagle above and the serpents below.

However, Ratatosk does not always deliver the messages clearly and so the anger of the serpents leads to them gnawing upon the roots (there are more than just Nidhogger) while the eagle dives to stop them as a result of the misunderstandings.

Edited by Kyrieath

(Anyone else know where Ratatosk comes from in Mythology?)

Yup. He's a squirrel that lives in the Yggdrasil tree. :3

EDIT: ninja.gif 'd by Kyrieath. D:

The naming of centurions in ToS2 is pretty cool, too.

Tonitrus = latin for thunder

Tenebrae = latin for shadows/darkness

Aqua = latin for water

Solum = latin for ground

I'm sure the other ones have latin-based names, too. :3

Edited by Aleika

If you defeat marta in the final battled, you murder emil.... Hhehehehe I do it often

Yup. He's a squirrel that lives in the Yggdrasil tree. :3

EDIT: ninja.gif 'd by Kyrieath. D:

Hehe- sorry about that.

While I may not be fond of ToS2 though; I admit I do like how they honored the Ratatosk name in more than just "neat name; let's use it". Since in game or mythology, Ratatosk could wind up being at fault for Yggdrasil dying.

Hehe- sorry about that.

While I may not be fond of ToS2 though; I admit I do like how they honored the Ratatosk name in more than just "neat name; let's use it". Since in game or mythology, Ratatosk could wind up being at fault for Yggdrasil dying.

Hm... I guess, yeah. I'm a little curious as to who was guarding the gate to the demonic realm while Ratatosk was running around in Emil's body.

-squees-

Guess what I just found at Gamestop?

...Give up?

A great-condition copy of Tales Of Legendia. I can't actually play it yet (no PS2), but I am veeery happy to have it. It's the first Tales game I've actually seen in a video-game store and not obtained via internet.

The fact that Ratty's named after a SQUIRREL makes me LOL every time. xd.png

As for the other Centruion names, Aleika...

Ventus = Wind

Glacies = Ice

Ignus = Fire

Lumen = Light

As for who was guarding it... My guess is no one, seeing as Master Richter was able to force the seal and make pacts with the demons.

@Ryuu--Emil is one of my favorite characters, and yet... I can't help but LOL so hard at the bad ending. His fail logic just makes me laugh. Am I a bad person for finding it hysterical?

Not at all, my sister liked Emil-kun, and I laughed my head off when I murderedhim, it was awesome

hehehe

I mean, his logic is just so... STUPID. Yeah, I get what he was trying to do. But did he honestly NOT realize just how likely it would be that somebody he cared about would be badly hurt or even die by his hand? WTF? Is he really that dense? I mean, yeah, he's not the brightest (he obviously only took Aster's looks, not his brains. xd.png), but STILL...

Know you understand, why I severly dislike him.

Seriously?

Ricters idewa, was way more better than Emmy's idea, how could you kill the host of the body? (Easy) But then, how could you kill the ruler of the body?

My favorites would be Tales of Phantasia and Eternia.

The only thing i find lacking in some tales of(Not all) is the characters don't really have much of a past. Or it's like not described much.

Example would be in Vesperia. The only thing i knew bout Yuri is that he used to be a knight. And well his personality,unless i missed some stuff in the game.

Know you understand, why I severly dislike him.

Seriously?

Ricters idewa, was way more better than Emmy's idea, how could you kill the host of the body? (Easy) But then, how could you kill the ruler of the body?

...Wait, what? I... Have no idea what you're trying to say here...

Towards the end of the game, he gets more ret*rded

I personally like most of his change through teh game, but that endgame part with that stupid plan of his... I want to laugh and put my head through a wall. Seeing as laughing is less painful, I do that.

ToS: DotNW most favorite characters:

Master Richter (yes me must call him master. Or else he will steal our souls with Sol and Mani)

Aster (MOAR ASTER!!!!!!!)

Genis (I am not a fangirl, they are just a myth)

Sheena (JUBBILIES!)

Aqua (she is a centurion, not a girl)

Tenebrae (he is a centurion, not a boy. FINISH THE GAME!)

Alice (yes I know she is evil, but i likz teh fengs)

YAY! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Edited by firedrake

He so just needs to be Master Richter, I'm so glad we were given such a great name for him in the game. xd.png

Aster. There is never enough Aster. There will never be enough Aster..

I love Alice's fangs--actually, I just like fangs. xd.png That's one of the few points in Martmart's favor--her fang is cute. xd.png

Waitasecond... FIREDRAKE! I remember you! Your scroll name! I remember you from GameFAQs! biggrin.gif *is sometimes a bit slow to notice things*

I think Richter derped in his ultimate plan to get Aster back to life or whatever.

He made a deal with demons. The chances of the demons holding up their end of the deal was like infinity to one. C'mon Richter, you're a scientist, you're supposed to be smart.

I loved the Edicts at the beginning of each game:

Once upon a time,

There existed

A giant tree that was the source of Mana.

A war, however, caused this tree to wither away,

And a hero’s life was sacrificed in order to take its place.

Grieving over the loss,

The goddess disappeared unto the heavens.

The goddess left the angels with this edict:

"You must wake me, for if I should sleep, the world shall be destroyed."

The angels bore the Chosen One,

Who headed towards the tower that reached up unto the heavens.

And that marked the beginning

Of the regeneration of the world.

and the Dwaven vows:

1 Let's all work together for a peaceful world.

2 Never abandon someone in need.

4 Don't depend on others. Walk on your own two legs.

5 The more you add, the worse it gets.

7 Justice and love will always win. (Battle) // Goodness and love will always win. (Story)

9 Fall down seven times, stand up eight.

10 Play hard, play often.

11 Lying is the first step down the path of thievery.

14 Even a small star shines in the darkness.

16 You can do anything if you try.

18 It's better to be deceived than to deceive.

24 Never let your feet run faster than your shoes.

32 Cross even a stone bridge after you've tested it.

41 It's better to begin in the evening than not at all. (ToS) // Haste makes waste. (TotW:RM)

43 Never forget the basics.

55 A bad workman blames his tools.

108 Let a sleeping dog lie.

134 Compassion benefits all men.

He so just needs to be Master Richter, I'm so glad we were given such a great name for him in the game.  xd.png

Aster.  There is never enough Aster.  There will never be enough Aster..

I love Alice's fangs--actually, I just like fangs.  xd.png  That's one of the few points in Martmart's favor--her fang is cute.  xd.png

Waitasecond...  FIREDRAKE!  I remember you!  Your scroll name!  I remember you from GameFAQs!  biggrin.gif  *is sometimes a bit slow to notice things*

haha! very much so xd.png

MUST STOP PLAYING DC *strains* NEED TO PLAY DotNW! *strains*

*twitchtwitchtwitchtwitchtwitch. twitch*

Edited by firedrake

I need to get the first one though.... It's driving me crazy!

Edited by firedrake

OK!

**Great Idea Warning**

A Tales Lineage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, most of the Tales character names are already taken on DC unless you go looking into the really obscure games (for english speakers anyway) such as Narikiri Dungeon.

I wanna do it... I was gonna make a Tales of linage. as soon as my draggons grow up...

But i'm not good at that stuff... Tell me when/if it's open, I wanna be a breeder for it! ^.*

Edited by Ryuu2