KageSora

Tales of...

Gayness never burns eyeballs. Love is beautiful. wub.gif

Besides, he's got the right idea. He's totally in love with Richter. xd.png

^ This is the most win I've read in a while. xd.png

I'd go gay for Richter too if I was a dude. :3

(also. that picture with Emil and Richter was my phone background all summer. took me a while to realize that Richter wasn't wearing glasses. sad.gif)

I agree, why should gay burn eyes? (I've seen some pretty fugly het couples... THOSE burn eyes. xd.png)

I love that picture, so so much! ^.=.^ Almost as much as the Emilcest picture! >D

(Hee, glad I could make a post with some win in it. xd.png Same, Richter's so awesome he has fangirls and fanboys. That are in love with him. xd.png But Emil and Aster are probably the ultimate Richter fanboys. xd.pngAnd Aster, according to one fanfiction author, ships RichterXEmil. xd.png)

I never said Emil wasn't gay--I said he wasn't gay in a "bad" way. I can't figure out what a "bad" way is, unless you mean perpetuating foolish stereotypes even when that's not how you normally act and you are intentionally acting in a stereotypical way. That's bad, but gay itself isn't a bad thing. (BTW, I've had that picture saved on my computer for AGES. I <3 it)

@Angel: Haaaa... Seeing as all we really know is that Aster was a bit of an idealist and that he had "A few screws loose" he's totally up for interpretation. I like to think he was pretty much insane. In the good way. xd.png Emil is just cute. :3

The Alice/Decus fight is not fun. @_@

Hahaha.... I tend to do that--start one game, get hooked on another, then another, then another... That's why I've yet to complete a second run through of ToS2, and why I've yet to finish Abyss. ...And my other play-through of ToS1...

Edited by KageSora

@Angel: Haaaa... Seeing as all we really know is that Aster was a bit of an idealist and that he had "A few screws loose" he's totally up for interpretation. I like to think he was pretty much insane. In the good way. xd.png Emil is just cute. :3

The Alice/Decus fight is not fun. @_@

Hahaha.... I tend to do that--start one game, get hooked on another, then another, then another... That's why I've yet to complete a second run through of ToS2, and why I've yet to finish Abyss. ...And my other play-through of ToS1...

There's a really good fanfiction on Fanfiction.Net that has Emil AND Aster in it. It's really addicting and I can never wait for the next chapter to come out. As soon as I get the message that it's up, I gotta read it.

As for Aster having "a few screams loose," that's about half the characters in the game but that's what makes it fun. ^.^

Yeah, that fights not fun. I had to get to level 65 just to kick their a**es. X_X

Also.... are you like... my gamer twin or something?! That's how it is for me. I'm on my second run through of ToS2, haven't finished Abyss yet, and have a game of ToS1 to finish still. It's like.... my.... 5th time through that game I think.

There's a really good fanfiction on Fanfiction.Net that has Emil AND Aster in it. It's really addicting and I can never wait for the next chapter to come out. As soon as I get the message that it's up, I gotta read it.

As for Aster having "a few screams loose," that's about half the characters in the game but that's what makes it fun. ^.^

Yeah, that fights not fun. I had to get to level 65 just to kick their a**es. X_X

Also.... are you like... my gamer twin or something?! That's how it is for me. I'm on my second run through of ToS2, haven't finished Abyss yet, and have a game of ToS1 to finish still. It's like.... my.... 5th time through that game I think.

I you mean Dimensional Rift... The author responded to one of my reviews with something about Aster shipping Richter and Emil. xd.png I talk about it a few times over on the ToS2 boards on GameFAQs with another person, and it's gotta be one of my favorite fanfictions EVER.

...I may very well be. I'm on like my 4th or so run-through of ToS1. ...I have so many games I gotta play, I hope I get a break this summer to play them!

http://media.photobucket.com/image/tales%2...tos-r61.jpg?o=1

Aster is hotter in those clothes, by a long shot.

Raine and Kratos= http://media.photobucket.com/image/tales%2...Chibis.jpg?o=42

My all time favorite=

http://media.photobucket.com/image/tales%2...KrAnna.jpg?o=22

It's Kratos and Anna, his wife

This one just plain makes me cry=

http://media.photobucket.com/image/tales%2...a/tumi.jpg?o=34

Edited by Ryuu2

My all time favorite=

Hee, I've always loved Aster's outfit--and I love that picture, too. I can't remember where I first saw that picture, but I loved.

I had a longer response to say, but then I got side-tracked looking at Aster fanart, and my ability to think has been melted. And I have class, so I gotta go.

But Aster's outfit is epic, and I want his coat. <3 Aster is cute/hot, while Emil is adorable. And Master Richter is sexy beyond words. xd.png

I <3 the picture of Anna and Kratos, it's so cute

KAWII

My all time favorite=

Aster pic = -insert shifty eyes before she kidnaps Aster and hides him for herself-

Kratos and Raine: Love the pairing but I never really liked the chibi versions....

Kratos and Anna: Love it but.... -kicks Anna out and puts herself there and hugs Noishe-

Kratos and Monster Anna: I agree. That does make me cry.

All I gotta say is.... NO FAIR!!!!! Now I gotta go Aster surfing and saving!

There are so many other Raine and Kratos pictures, but.... I'm not posting the link here.

Anna and Kratos were so cute together, and for her to be part of the angelus project for the age of lifeless beings, It make me cry. And I mean REALLY cry. And When I heard that her exesphere was taken off and Kratos hadn't found her a ring crest so she wouldn't become a monster. Well lets say I hated him once I knew, but I still love him anyway...

There are so many other Raine and Kratos pictures, but.... I'm not posting the link here.

Anna and Kratos were so cute together, and for her to be part of the angelus project for the age of lifeless beings, It make me cry. And I mean REALLY cry. And When I heard that her exesphere was taken off and Kratos hadn't found her a ring crest so she wouldn't become a monster. Well lets say I hated him once I knew, but I still love him anyway...

Agreed. When I found out that Kratos actually betrays the group, I hate him, but I still love him. It's hard to hate someone like him. Ya know? ^.^

I didn't hate him for leaving the group, I did because he sat there, his love for anna showing while she was still alive, He loved her, but he didn't look for a f*cking key crest so she wouldn't be a monster?! That's why I hated him for a while, It wouldn't have been better if she died painlessly form old age

I didn't hate him for leaving the group, I did because he sat there, his love for anna showing while she was still alive, He loved her, but he didn't look for a f*cking key crest so she wouldn't be a monster?! That's why I hated him for a while, It wouldn't have been better if she died painlessly form old age

To be fair on that, let's think about the kind of mess they went through even trying to find a Key crest that could work on a Cruxis Crystal later in the game. Considering Kratos was against Cruxis at the time he was running with Anna- he certainly didn't have access to the supplies that could plainly only be found in Welgaia or on Tethe'alla that could create the appropriate Crest so far as he knew. It's also doubtful he had any idea Dirk or any dwarf for that matter still existed on Sylvarant when you consider that their home (the Gallery) had also turned up as part of Tethe'alla.

Anna's may not have been a flat out Cruxis Crystal, but it had been engineered in that direction it's pretty unlikely he could have just beaten up the nearest Desian, taken their Crest and gotten good results on her crystal from it.

Edited by Kyrieath

Altessa used to work to make cruxis crystals, Kratos new of Altessa. I know this because I fully read the comic AND playd the game. Kratos was ordered to FIND Altessa BECAUSE he was dwarven! Kratos coulda beat Altessa up (Or ask nicely...) to figure out how to fix the problem!

Altessa was also on Tethe'alla, Anna was on Sylvarant. Slight complications there for getting one to the other, even if he'd known right where Altessa was- which he evidently didn't or he wouldn't have been ordered to try to find him.

The crystal was also experimental so there wasn't even a guarantee the key crest would work even if he had taken all those chances and Anna and Lloyd had remained hidden from the Desians all that time.

Got to also keep in mind the manga is technically an AU, as is the anime- they follow the very basic storyline of the game but cut a lot of things out and insert others. (Though I heartily approve of Kratos and Yuan actually DOING something toward the end of the manga rather than Yuan falling down the almighty plothole like he did in the game and Kratos basically turning to moral support as he does if you keep Zelos.) If you want to see the game-canon side of Kratos' story, best to find the Tales of Fandom Vol2 segments on Youtube and watch his side of it to see why he did the things he did according to the original writers.

Welgaia, is on Tethe'alla. Anna may have been on Sylvarant, but Kratos actaully originated from Tethe'alla. So what if the crest didn't work, Anna would have died knowing her love tried to save her!

Welgaia, is on Tethe'alla. Anna may have been on Sylvarant, but Kratos actaully originated from Tethe'alla. So what if the crest didn't work, Anna would have died knowing her love tried to save her!

Welgaia isn't on either world; it's in space. That's why the tower can move back and forth between the 'worlds' and still lead to the same place. Either way, without the materials held by Cruxis and on another world he couldn't take Anna to, that crest couldn't have been made. Originating from Tethe'alla doesn't mean he could just pop over there any time he liked -the 'angels' needed a means to pass between the worlds too- and it certainly would have left Anna and Lloyd unprotected from the Desians.

Yaun, dur, Yaun and Kratos were friends both defiying Mithos. So why couldn't Kratos just leave them with Yaun and Kratos could have returned to Cruxis, and try to steal the items needed for the crest and make Altessa make the crest. Then take it back to Anna!

Yaun, dur, Yaun and Kratos were friends both defiying Mithos. So why couldn't Kratos just leave them with Yaun and Kratos could have returned to Cruxis, and try to steal the items needed for the crest and make Altessa make the crest. Then take it back to Anna!

No one knows for sure when Yuan finally turned on Cruxis and he was keeping it under wraps for a pretty long time; Kratos likely didn't know for sure he'd finally turned at that point. (This is where I note that the Renegade history is pretty vague; they never go into it much so it's all guesswork there on anyone's part.)

And it's also best to keep in mind the two of them were more like best frenemies than actual friends. There's a pretty old rivalry between them that far pre-dates Cruxis and Anna. Pretty unsteady thing to rely on when you're not even sure if they're a traitor too.

Last note on this subject for the night: Yuan was also not supposed to be on Sylvarant, period. It's doubtful Kratos even knew he was there. As a Cruxis Seraph, he was in charge of Tethe'alla, intended to play the same role Kratos was on Sylvarant. Mithos deliberately put them in charge of their former enemy nations.

Yes but the renengades were created then because how else would Yaun know about Anna and Kratos, knowing Kratos was the only way to get Lloyd to do what they wanted. Kratos never said a word about his family.

Colette is 16, Lloyd is 17, the renengades were made when the Chosen was born, since Lloyd is older that would mean his family made at least 2 years together, then the innasdent happened, Then Dirk found them. So the renengades were made at the beginning of Lloyds family

Yes but the renengades were created then because how else would Yaun know about Anna and Kratos, knowing Kratos was the only way to get Lloyd to do what they wanted. Kratos never said a word about his family.

Colette is 16, Lloyd is 17, the renengades were made when the Chosen was born, since Lloyd is older that would mean his family made at least 2 years together, then the innasdent happened, Then Dirk found them. So the renengades were made at the beginning of Lloyds family

Yuan knowing about Kratos is easy enough to figure out- considering Kratos flat out abandoned Cruxis to be with Anna at the time. Kind of hard to miss when the only other Seraph beyond Mithos and Yuan goes missing, particularly when it's not even a secret why he disappeared.

And yet again- something else to keep in mind. Kratos had not known that Yuan was even part of the Renegades until some point in the actual game, not its back story, let alone their leader. Botta was the 'public' face of the Renegades up until then. Kratos had his suspicions that Yuan was up to something, but there was no clear tie between him and the Renegades.

The Renegades could have been around for seventeen years or seven hundred or whatever number you want to slip in; the game never did state when they were actually formed. Only that they were were firmly established on both worlds and intended to interfere with Cruxis and stop the ritual of the Chosen at any cost- Colette was hardly the first Chosen to ever happen so that's pretty up in the air as interpretation goes.

*Sigh* The renagades where formed when the chosen was born.... Dur... Kratos knew abotu Yauns doing because when he fought kratos, kratos said, 'Martel has accepted this offering' and then Yaun stopped

Colette is also not the first chosen of Sylvarant, just the latest one; you must be referring to a manga scene because the only time Kratos spoke of Colette being accepted was to Magnus in the game to put him in his place, then later to Lloyd at the Tower just before they go to Tethe'alla.

Mithos later on makes a note in game, when he reveals himself to the group as Yggdrasill, that the Renegades have been a problem for quite some time and that he hadn't known either that Yuan was their leader. Again, no definite time reference.

So simply put: no clear telling, it's up to interpretation for when you want to think the Renegades were established. If you want to establish it as your own fanon that they were definitely formed that recently, go for it. I only brought it up at all to point out that there was no way Kratos would have turned to them to help Anna; he didn't know that Yuan was involved with them. (And that's setting aside the fact that Yuan and Kratos weren't exactly on friendly terms at the time.)

Long story of this whole discussion made short: Kratos made the best decision he thought he could at the time for how to handle it. There were too many things out of reach for him to go chasing them and leave his lover and son unprotected when he couldn't get to most of what he needed to craft the appropriate Crest.

That said, done with this discussion now. It meandered all over the place.

Kratos knew about the rhyards, could have stolen one and brought Anna and Lloyd too! But in order to make her a monster, you have to take off the exeshere by hand, so they could have the time to find one!

Huh, just something I wondered... If you make them a monster by removing the Exsphere... Why does Marble drop hers when she dies? Do they put them back on once you transform?

Huh, just something I wondered...  If you make them a monster by removing the Exsphere...  Why does Marble drop hers when she dies?  Do they put them back on once you transform?

I think it's something that can eventually happen regardless of if the exsphere is removed or not; attempting to remove it just makes it happen faster apparently since it throws the body's mana out of whack all at once.

There was Marble, who still had hers- and then Alicia also had hers still attached when Regal killed her. I don't think the Desians would waste them by returning them to someone who had transformed; that's likely the point at which they harvest them in normal cases. (Alicia was, admittedly, not a normal case.)

Dirk does note that the exspheres will make anyone 'ill' if they aren't checked by key crests, so my guess would be it's just a matter of time before it happens with a crestless exsphere.

Edit: Typo fixin'.

Edited by Kyrieath

I never played the games,and not because I don't like them,it's due to the fact that I don't own any game consoles~Except for a NDSlite.

However,my favourite's plot so far is Tales of Innocence(love the character designs!Although it's underrated)~

Then comes the Abyss,and finally Symphonia...

I like the character designs in Symphonia better than the Abyss though,but I liked the plot better in the Abyss~~

Tales of Destiny is good,although I never played it~(Only read the manga,for most of them xd.png)

Tales of Hearts got an amazing alternate(CG) version,but only for the cutscenes~

But still,I suck so much when it comes to RPG linear battle,I'm not very good at those...

[plays too much Tactics and Turns by Turns RPG...]