KageSora

Tales of...

The only one I've ever played is Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World.

Epic game is epic =D

The only one I've ever played is Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World.

Epic game is epic =D

Indeed it is, indeed it is. Epic beyond words. <3

Mmmm, I need to play ToV, but I don't like starting a game I know I'll never be able to finish. xd.png Mostly because my brother and I share the 360. Even if he's not around ATM, as soon as he goes off to college... Meh, he doesn't think you can get a decent education staying a t home. xd.png

So, who's the favorite character for those that have played ToV?

Either Rita Mordio or Duke Pansomething for me. Rita becase she is totally cool and doesn't take anyone's BS, and Duke because he's a freaking white-haired red-eyed Richter.

No joke, he's got long hair, a super sexy deep voice, and is the final antagonist. xd.png Hell, he even gets the main characters out of trouble the first time you meet him xd.png

Either Rita Mordio or Duke Pansomething for me. Rita becase she is totally cool and doesn't take anyone's BS, and Duke because he's a freaking white-haired red-eyed Richter.

No joke, he's got long hair, a super sexy deep voice, and is the final antagonist. xd.png Hell, he even gets the main characters out of trouble the first time you meet him xd.png

My desire to be able to play the game is just increasing the more I hear about it. I must play it. Dx

Vesperia was actually very disappointing to me; the story just sort of fell apart after a certain point. Rumor has it the North American/Xbox version was actually an incomplete product- and hearing what all the PS3 version in Japan has, I can believe it.

Essentially the game story boiled down to a pack of characters who were staying together for no particularly clear reason tripping through saving the world with time skips through events that were downright sloppy. Particularly when you realize this is the same team that wrote Symphonia and Abyss' stories out. You could even miss a lot of things that would make the final boss make even a little sense if you didn't know precisely where to look for him at points in the story. Otherwise he was a bit of a "Ah, we need a final villain...that one? Nah..that one? eh..-hey, he'll work! Use him! He hates humans so it works!" Flynn was also billed as a major character who...did very little you ever actually saw. Yes, when he did appear he was quite impressive- but then he'd fall off the map.

Apparently the PS3 version patched a good many of these holes according to reviews from those who can play the Japanese version. The new character that was added seems unwelcome by many American reviewers but it seems a lot of the gaping plotholes got fixed or outright eliminated. Wish it had come out over here.

I will note I didn't dislike the cast- Yuri is definitely my favorite of the main Tales heroes. I just wish the story/game he had been involved in had been a little less slap-dash.

Edited by Kyrieath

*Tries to stay calm* I love Tales of Symphonia the most, followed by Tales of the Abyss. They're the only Tales of games I've played, though, so that kinda stinks. XD Oh, I've played Symphonia 2, but I didn't like it at all...

My favorite characters-

Symphonia: Zelos, Genis, and Sheena.

Abyss: Luke(Long hair most), Tear, Jade, and Guy.

Edited by Saskia

Every time I boot up Abyss, I just wanna go play .hack//GU. Probably because most of the casts for the two games are voiced by the same people. And Luke (so far) keeps reminding me of Haseo. xd.png

My friend let me borrow her copy of Tales of the Abyss a few summers ago. I think I only got to about 20 hours into the game, but it was the BEST game I have ever played. I remember where exactly i was, nor do i remember much about it. I just know it was pure awesomeness. I can never find it in EB Games used section (Canadian version of GameStop. Same company-different name... i think) and the best i can find on ebay is like $60-$70. D:

When I get a copy of it again I'm going to be a very happy person. smile.gif

We used to have EB-Games out by me (I'm in the USA) but it's a GameStop now. The manager is awesome and knows me, and the new guy working there recognized me the other day, too. xd.png

I hope you get a copy of it. I was meaning to play more tonight...

I think i'm going to get KH2 and then some Tales. I was going to get tales of the abyss, but any copy i could find on ebay was like $60, and kingdom hearts was about $15 in ebgames, so i went for that. smile.gif

I love KH, KH2 is fun. <3

Hope you can find a cheaper copy of TotA soon. :3

I love KH, KH2 is fun. <3

Hope you can find a cheaper copy of TotA soon. :3

same here

Vesperia is nicer to look at and the battles are smoother, but Tales Of Symphonia has the best plot and characters of all time.

I loved the first ToS to death, Until my sister lost it before i could finish it... At least i got to watch her as she did? I hate the second, it can suck it! It completely ruined To series, I played and BEAT it within a hour(Not literaly it took 3 days... But it sucked anyway) of playing, I Had the first one for 5 YEARS AND I NEVER BEAT IT!

I love Sheena, and Corrine/Verius

hahahahaha I pawn you all (This will make you want to play the second one!)

=

Lloyd's soulmateBefore going to the Otherworldly Gate, one sidequest mainly focuses on Lloyd clearing his name. First the party must return to Iselia and listen to Lloyd tell his story of what he did during the past two years. Upon listening, Emil must pick any of the seven party members from the Tales of Symphonia, and that member will be the soulmate Lloyd chose in the original game. Afterward, the party goes to Flainor and triggers a scene where a man who witnessed a Lloyd-looking Decus kill his sister hits Lloyd for revenge. After the scene, Lloyd says that it is his fault for not telling anybody his side of the story, and goes to the balcony to think. When the party goes to the balcony, the person Emil picked will come and talk to Lloyd. If the choice was a female, he will declare his love for that person, but if it was a male, he will show his gratitude for being that person’s friend.

Information from= http://aselia.wikia.com/wiki/Lloyd_Irving

it's there somewhere..!?

LOOK AT THIS TOS RP!

= http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=85555

Edited by Ryuu2

Played Phantasia, Symphonia, and Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology, and gave up when I realized how much they suck (Ugh, the voice acting! IT BURNS!). You'll have to pay me to play another one.

*Growls* I want to play Radiant mythology! SO BADLY!

So, I've been playing more Abyss lately (when I'm not playing HGSS or sleeping, or doing homework, or collaborating on a 'what if' idea over on the ToS2 boards on GameFAQS). I already miss long-haired Luke. Though I felt so bad for him after Akzeriuth (did I spell that right?). I mean, to have so much faith in a person, only to be tricked into doing something like that... I really pity the poor guy.

I personally really wish Versus would get a release outside of Japan... That would be nice. D: ...Hell, it would be nice if they were kind enough to release all the other Tales of games outside of Japan, there's too many that haven't been. D: They just need to advertise more, that would get them to sell...

*sigh* I don't get all the hate for ToS2. I mean, there's nothing more to really -do- with the characters from teh first game. Their story is over, they're just working on getting things back on track now. I think it'd be pretty boring to have a game starring them, that basically only focused on wrapping up loose ends.

And ToS2 explains how things went from being as they were in ToS1 to ToP, from what I understand--the lack of Mana, specifically.

And the new characters were done well--ANYBODY that says Emil is a lame character has no appreciation for character development. He gets massive amounts of it by the end of the game.

And the monster system was fun--I always keep and Orion and a Fenrir in my party, they're so epic looking.

Yes, the story was short, but having a short story doesn't mean that somethign sucks. People need to stop being stupid and trying to make it live up to the original--I rarely find a sequel (unless it was planned all along, because the whole story would be too large to fit in a single smaller story) that lives up to or surpasses the original.

But honestly, I liked the second game more. I get that people don't like it, but I don't get the absolute HATE that people have for it.

Can you explain why you hate it so much, Ryuu2? I'd like to try and understand where the haters come from on the issue. :3 (After all, just assuming they're all fools for disliking something I like is a rather silly thing to do, and understand why you don't like it is a good thing, right?)

it's just, too easy fr me, and I keep my 100 Ocret and 100 Smurg

They know every attack that you get from the box thing

Well, you can put the difficulty up, and on a New Game + you can try the bonus dungeon, which I've heard can drive you crazy.

I've played Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Vesperia.

I liked Vesperia the best because I always played with my friends and Vesperia had a much better battle system. Because when I was player 2 I COULD ACTUALLY SEE MYSELF! The camera didn't only focus on player 1!

It was really annoying in Symphonia because I always played Genis (sp?) and I'd be casting my spells but if a monster came up and hit me I couldn't even see him because I'd be offscreen! It was really funny one time because I was like "Guy's there's a monster interrupting my spells!" so I turned around and tried to melee him for a long time. After my friends kill the rest of the monsters and I could see myself I had been facing the wrong way the whole time swinging my weapon at thin air while the monster had been hitting my back... xd.png

I remember I was dissapointed in Symphonia at first because on the box it said "full of anime cutscenes!" when there was only like 2 >.> then I learned better for the next game not to expect that.

My favorite characters have got to be Kratos and Raven. Kratos is pretty hardcore and Raven is just pretty amusing.

One thing that's hilarious about Tales games is the dialogue always tries to give each character equal talk time... so some characters end up saying really pointless things sometimes! xd.png My friends and I used to take bets on who would talk next in cutscenes.

Also, in Tales of Vesperia, Rita was so OP at higher levels! You could just infinately cast the tidal wave spell or whatever it's called. My friends just ended up taunting to fill the overlimit bar so that the person who played Rita could just spam tidal wave! xd.png

I will always love Tales games though, mostly because it's one of the only 4 player RPGs out there, and it is so fun! happy.gif

The Tales of Symphonia games are my favorite. ^v^ Kratos Aurion = <3

Woot for Kratos! I love Tales of Symphonia. It was my first Tales Of game. I accidentally found it in a Tennessee GameStop one day. I didn't know what it was but the characters looked interesting, so I bought it. Best decision I've ever made. My absolute fav of the series. I like TOS2 as well, but just 'cause of the monsters and Richter. Ratatosk helps though. xd.png

More Kratos fans? Can I ask what you like about him? I'm still trying to understand why people like him.

Hee, you like Richter, Forgotten Angel? Master Richter is awesome. <3

More Kratos fans?  Can I ask what you like about him?  I'm still trying to understand why people like him.

He ate my soul when he first appeared in the games. Then he disappeared and made me play 28 in one run just to get him back, and I was pretty much crying the whole time.

I have no idea what it was, but he owned me and my soul from day one. D:

I still go wheeeee whenever he's mentioned, and a brainless fangirl whenever I play the game.

He's the only character that has ever done that to me - and no real person has achieved that either - so I guess there must be something behind it. The ninja girl whose name I just can't remember (Sheena?) was my second favourite, the pink haired axe girl my third and the rest I just wanted to kick in the butt most of the time.

Edit to mention that it's also been like four years since I even played Symphonia...

Edited by Kiraine

More Kratos fans? Can I ask what you like about him? I'm still trying to understand why people like him.

Hee, you like Richter, Forgotten Angel? Master Richter is awesome. <3

There's just something about stoic heartbroken mercanaries that makes my heart just... Well, you get the idea. Master Richter = Awesomeness! He gave me a new perspective on half-elves and now I respect them even more. I love his idea of not wasting words, the same way I like how Kratos is so mysterious. I might have to go play Vesperia now too, just becasue I feel like Yuri isn't getting any love anymore. tongue.gif

Reasons to love Kratos

1. He's epic

2, he's epic

3. He's epic

The REAL reasons=

1. He an angel

2. He's Lloyd's creeper of a father

3. You get awsome skits with him

4. He's HOT