KageSora

Tales of...

Ugh, I'm in love with every single item that they have showed pictures of for Tales of Festival.

Leon Magnus made it into the hall of fame, so there is a ton of stuff for him, and there's just phenomenal stuff there this year.

I haven't been able to play the ToS: Chronicles ever since I made it to the valley mine, because I don't like that temple and we redid our living room so my ps3 doesn't have a home right now.

Yeah, Tales Festival has some amazing stuff.

Though it's that time of the month again, when orders for the new issues of the Tales magazine are up... I need to stop getting it, but Onshuu no Richter...! Once that's finally run it's course I'll finally maybe have money again lol.

Thanks Kage, for the Tales updates. I hope to get some hours into Xilia before Xilia 2 comes out.

I tracked down a copy of Graces, so now I have four games to work through. Now I have the fun task of figuring out which one to start with. biggrin.gif

You're welcome! Xillia's really fun. I hope Xillia 2's just as fun~

Graces has a great battle system, I think. It's my favorite battle system.

I just watched a trailer for the animated Tales of Zestiria, and I have to say I've fallen even more in love.

Plus, the game is supposedly called "Tales of Zestiria: Dawn of Fon Masters" so hopefully it explains WHAT a Fon Master is in extreme detail.

I'll have to look into Zestiria, I hadn't heard about it. I see it's coming out on the PS3, but that's all I know. Namco's so prolific releasing games for this franchise.

I started Xilia and it's really fun. I chose to start with Maxwell. I like the battle system and the voice-acting's decent. The voice acting in Abyss makes me grit my teeth sometimes.

I hear Tales of Hearts R got a mention at Sony's conference at E3 this year, which is hopefully good news for Tales~ (Wish I'da been able to watch it but I was working mostly... Dx)

Though it'd be nice if Vita's weren't a pain to find for some reason...

So, Tales of Hearts is gonna be sub only.

I'm personally not impressed by the quality of the subs we've seen so far, and I'm more than a litter disappointed. I understand they probably did it ot save money, but at the same time they're going to have to count on not losing sales to it being sub-only. Though, they probably already weighed in that risk and decided it was the safer bet than adding a dub.

I personally dislike it because it's harder to keep track of what'[s happening if I have to rely on the subs rather than having them supplement what I'm hearing, I dislike that the names were changed if the voices will be saying the original names, and I hate knowing when I'm missing out on relevant dialog because there's no subs but there's clearly audio. Things like when there's battle chatter that's related to the plot or something.

I'll still get it, but I'm less excited for it.

Though I'm mega excited because the coming about Richter that's been running in the Tales magazine is getting a print version! I'm so excited! I may have been buying the magazine to scan it for the last few months so a friend could translate it, but I'm so buying the book form anyway. biggrin.gif I have an unhealthy love for things about Richter or the blonds, ahahaha...

Well, at least you aren't necessarily missing out on info just because there's talk but no sub during dialogue. Japanese takes a lot longer to speak than English in many ways, so sometimes you just have to wait a bit for it to catch up.

Well, at least you aren't necessarily missing out on info just because there's talk but no sub during dialogue. Japanese takes a lot longer to speak than English in many ways, so sometimes you just have to wait a bit for it to catch up.

But I can tell when I am--there's a difference between the normal battle chatter where they call out their attacks/the scolding for reckless item/TP use/etc. If you fight a lot of battles, it becomes easy to tell when something isn't just the normal stuff, and then you know you're missing out when that happens.

Hm, maybe someone here can provide some insight with a problem I'm having...then again I might, hopefully soon, solve the problem anyway.

In Tales of Symphonia for GC, I'm trying extremely hard to get Regal to unlock Triple Rage Kick, but it's just not working. He's able to learn the move at level 55 with two specific moves used 50+ times. He's currently at 59, and the four different moves I've been seeing from various sources (Eagle Dive, Eagle Rage/Fall (but I'm on Technical so I have Eagle Rage), Spin Kick, and Triple Kick) are ALL well above 50. One source even said the activation was a midair attack, which means either Eagle Dive or Eagle Rage needs to be used (I even regularly midair attacked just in case)bb. I've used every combination of the four moves that don't involve the same type of moves used (like Eagle Dive+Eagle Rage because that doesn't make sense) and also various ones first and second. And it's not like some "it just takes time!" thing, because I know how fast it usually takes to unlock moves, even ones where the requirement is just to have certain moves learned (which take much longer than the 50+ or whatever moves). I've been trying for over an hour and Regal leveled up twice so far, and nothing has happened.

I just want to punch Regal in the face right now. D:<

Hopefully he just learns it...

EDIT: GEEZ finally got it D:< Tried more regular midair attacking and somehow it worked, even though I had already tried that. I don't even know any more.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

I bring this thread back from the dead.

How're people liking Zestiria?

I'm... Very torn on it. I adore everything except one element of the story, which is dragging the rest down because it's one of my biggest "NOPE" buttons.

I can't stand how dragons are handled in the game.

But Sorey and Mikleo are really winning me over anyway.

Oh well I hope I do not get in trouble for commenting here sice this is a new reply after more than 1 year. D:

Me and my friends starded Tales of Zestiria but we got away from playing it because there were TotA and ToS2 and now ToV.

I wanted to write some more but forgott it while I write this here... lol

Sorry for my English