KageSora

Tales of...

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles is confirmed to have DUAL AUDIO, a first for the series.

Also, Xillia 2 has been confirmed for release in the EU and NA in 2014.

I got a copy of Tales of the Abyss for my 3DS. First Tales game i've played. It's been strangely addicting. Right now i'm stuck, though. I was beating enemies so easily I never bothered to really level up. Now i'm stuck because I keep losing to this boss.

Highly disappointed that the "skits" aren't voiced. I would have happily given up some of the game conversations for the skit voices. Mostly because you can't skip the skit dialogue, so you have to wait for it to change on it's own and that's annoying because I read faster than that. x'D

I got a copy of Tales of the Abyss for my 3DS. First Tales game i've played. It's been strangely addicting. Right now i'm stuck, though. I was beating enemies so easily I never bothered to really level up. Now i'm stuck because I keep losing to this boss.

Highly disappointed that the "skits" aren't voiced. I would have happily given up some of the game conversations for the skit voices. Mostly because you can't skip the skit dialogue, so you have to wait for it to change on it's own and that's annoying because I read faster than that. x'D

Yeah, it woulda been nice to have voiced skits, but at least they're voiced in later games.

What boss are you stuck on? How far in are you? Maybe I can point you to a good guide or something.

Ugh, I've been soooooooooo excited for getting Xillia next week, oh my goodness. I've pre-ordered the collectors edition and I am looking forward to seeing if I get a Millia or a Jude figurine. >. <

And yeah, I got the 3DS version of Tales Of The Abyss and I've beat it twice, so I could offer help too. (Maybe?)

Ugh, I've been soooooooooo excited for getting Xillia next week, oh my goodness. I've pre-ordered the collectors edition and I am looking forward to seeing if I get a Millia or a Jude figurine. >. <

And yeah, I got the 3DS version of Tales Of The Abyss and I've beat it twice, so I could offer help too. (Maybe?)

As far as I know, it's jut the Milla that's available.

I'm just so excited cuz I got to see my box in the back room!

I got past her, thanks! ♥

I'm on a second playthrough (I didn't beat the first playthrough yet, but I wanted to really level up and get all the sidequests). Currently the furthest i've gotten is beating the boss at the Absorption Gate and then some side quests after that.

As far as I know, it's jut the Milla that's available.

I'm just so excited cuz I got to see my box in the back room!

Hmm, I keep seeing a Jude figurine floating around, so that's what I thought.

But Millia is still awesome, and I'll be okay with her.

Two more days. e Ae so excited!

I'm about to start Tales of the Abyss. I'm really excited to play it. I've had it for a while, but I've been saving it. smile.gif

I love the full names of some of the characters in Abyss. I wish they would use them more. I prefer Gailardia over just Guy. I love Mystearica and Vandesdelca too.

So, I'm really not very far at all in Xillia, but I'm already more in love with Jude than I was before and I love Milla and aoihfaoihfa

There's a good bit of humor so far, and Jude is adorable and I love him to bits and he's precious.

Also, friendly reminder! Talking about anything spoiler-y, please use something similar to the following format so we can avoid getting spoiled if we don't want to be!:

SPOILER:[color=white]SPOILER TEXT[/color]
END SPOILER

I've been dying to play Xillia and that wait is going to be a little bit longer. I bought the Limited edition(the Collectors edition didn't seem to exist around here), and I won't get to play it for another 2 weeks because of vacation, left my PS3 at home OTL.

I haven't spoiled anything about the game so I'm trying to avoid spoilers xd.png. If it is anything like Graces was, it'll be the only thing I'll be playing for months laugh.gif.

Just pre-ordered Tales of Symphonia: Chronicles! I cannot WAIT for April, I'm so excited, Symphonia is my favourite game because my sister bought it for me a long, long time ago and I can't play it anymore because our gamecube was broken and our Wii has been known to burn the game disks. ugh.

So has anyone heard about Tales of Link?

I'm gonna be very honest here..I played Tales games since I was a kid in elementary school?? Your going to laugh at how I got into these games.. happy.gif

I first started off with Tales of Symphonia.. I had bought it because I liked the cover..Yes it is because I liked the cover. When I first started playing this game I really was excited about it. Me and my brother played this game 7-8 times? We replayed the game over and over and beat the boss in the extra dungeon and we worked our behinds off for this game. In the end though it truly was an amazing game and I couldn't ever hate any of the characters as they were all amazing~

Then me and my brother got Tales of Phantasia.. I will be honest I don't remember this game too much but it was a very good game. Cless and Mint and everyone else in that game was truly awesome. Dhaos was epic and honestly I just know that the end was purely amazing and I would totally replay it right now if I could find it.. happy.gif

So then years went by and I saw a new tales game called Tales of the Abyss. This game was a true game breaker for me. I played this one on my own without my brother as he was going to summer school at the time. I was so into the characters. The story started off pretty fast and Tear and Luke were just amazing until I met Asch. Asch was like O_O..I really enjoyed this game all the way to the end and still wonder if I should replay the game over again. I will be honest I would if I didn't get into the final game I will list here.

Later on I had litterally went and bought a 360 for Tales of Vesperia. This game was really good and enjoyable. I had played through the whole game, Enjoying Yuri and his friends and helping them through their adventure to beat the final boss. This game had very interesting parts and was a good game but it could still not beat Tales of the Abyss.

Through out the months I saw they made a second game for Tales of Symphonia called Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a New World. First thoughts before I played was that this game was going to be epic just like Tales of Symphonia. I was really wrong. This game was ok, Ratatosk and the others really didn't catch my attention and the monster controlling part was a downside for me. I really didn't like this game too much. The ending didn't make me go WOW like the other games did..I had thought Tales of the Abyss was not going to be beaten honestly..Until..

This game I just beat yesterday to be honest at almost to 100%. This game is Tales of Xillia. This game began right from the beginning. It is so dark compared to the rest of the Tales Games I have played and it was purely epic. I really enjoyed playing both Milla and Judes stories and seeing what POV each character had. Jude and Milla were amazing and their party was all unique. I enjoyed the rest of the gang and honestly was extremely surprised by the whole thing. You felt so into the characters that it was just a surprise. When I finally put away Tales of Xillia I was so sad. I enjoyed my 2 weeks of playing this game. I had played this game twice and got all the demon weapons and did all the sub events/quests. I don't even know how many hours were put into that game. I truly enjoyed this game and Tales of Xillia is officially on top of my Tales list.

That's all the games for me happy.gif At least that is what I think. I plan to get a bunch more Tales of Xillia items and such whenever I can. I can't wait for Tales of Xillia 2 to be released here as I will be honest..Tales of Xillia was a hard game to put down.

Edited by angel1143

Angel1143, I got into Symphonia because my sister thought I needed something to do while they were at school! I was so young when I got that game, and it almost took me two years to get past the VERY BEGINNING, after the first incident with Marble and the half-elf(Forcysus?) and the village. And to be honest, I really only beat the game four years ago, so it took me around 6 years to play it! Also, I love your icon, Jude and Milla are so cute.

-coughcough- even though my OTP for Xillia is Alvin and Jude -coughcough-

I am so glad that a majority of the Tales of gamers have been receiving Xillia so well, and I can only hope that we can get more of the games.

To be honest, I'm STILL kind of hoping for Innocence, I adore the plot for that game, like their shadows show who they were in the past life. e Ae

I'm lovin' Xillia so far, man. JUDE X MILLA FOREVER. Jude's face is perfect and Milla's eyes are captivating. Seriously I could just stare at the two of them for hours they're both so pretty.

And I just love everything about it so far. I should really finish it.

I WANT INNOCENCE TOO. ;_; Also I want Rebiiiiirth. Maybe if Vita sales pick up (and with the price drop, that's a distinct possibility) they'll consider bringing over the Vita titles? I really wanna play Innocence...

Beat Jude's side, workin' through Milla's.

I noticed that in Jude's side, in the part in Bermia Gorge, he dodges the crossbow bolt. But in Milla's side, he has it land at his feet and falls on his butt.. It makes me wonder which version of events is the "truth"?

In other news, the Symphonia Unisonant Pack has just been released in Japan!

So. In light of this, while I know both Symphonia and Dawn of the New World are older games... I'd like everybody to be mindful of those who are newcomers to the series and that haven't had a chance to play them before. So let's be sure to mark spoilers from them from this point on, since the localization should be taking place in a few months, and y'never know--might get somebody who's importing it! (Like me. xd.png)

I'm so excited, just paid the shipping to my proxy service, it should be here next week~

I just got a shipping invoice from my proxy for Symphonia as well, and I've been debating all morning whether to have it ship home or to college... Sending it straight home would be safer, so I wouldn't have to take it when I go home for Thanksgiving, and as much as I want to I really shouldn't play it at school anyway. I really want to see it soon, though!

Not to mention I still have to finish Xillia... eheh.

Edit: Sent it home~

Edited by AAurion

Just got my update that it shipped! So early to mid next week if all goes well, I shall have it in my hands~

Heard that a Tales of Symphonia Chronicles CE was announced at NYCC, but there's only going to be 1500 copies. Looks like it has the same stuff as the Unisonant Pack, though nothing's been said about where to get them.

I'm surprised and happy that it looks like they'll be translating the light novel that comes with it, but... 1500 copies?

Yeah, they said it was coming--but the picture going around has a disclaimer that what's pictured is the JAPANESE version, so there's no guarantee we'll get the same stuff in the NA version.

I'm so bothered by the "only 1.5k copies" thing, though. I REALLY WANT IT OKAY. Even if it turns out it's identical to the Japanese version. I still want it. D:

I really need to know where to order it...

Aww, didn't see that. But yeah, I share your sentiment. Definitely gonna keep my eyes open for when preorders go up.

At least it'll be easier to get a hold of than if it were that limited a Japanese release, though. No proxies to deal with.

True, but I'm wondering if it'll be ONLY through a specific site rather than through retailers.

I mean, how in the WORLD would they divvy that up? They'd have to allow each retailer only X number, otherwise you'd end up with more pre-orders than copies.

EDIT: Apparently, some other people who were there are claiming 15000, not 1500. Which is confusing, since both numbers are coming from people who were there.

EDIT2: PR reps have confirmed 15,000, NOT 1,500--the first number was given out by mistake.

Edited by KageSora

I've heard about the limited copies of the CE, and I have been stalking my Gamestop too much that I think they are weirded out. I mean, they KNOW I have a small obsession for the series, but I may or may not have been coming in once a week. >.>

Hopefully if they do release the collector's edition though, it'll be available in stores, because online shopping and me do not do well together.

Must hoooope and pray for my Symphonia. I can't wait until April, you guys are lucky.

There's been a press release saying it will be "participating retailers".

Naturally, I'll be sure to post here the minute I know they're up--if there's only 15,000 copies then once a week might STILL cause you to miss it. The ToX CE sold out pretty darn fast, IIRC, that had 10,000 copies I think.