picknick10

Eragon (semi-lit)

(smile.gif)

Cory watched, hovering, as Arrow flew shakily and landed. That was good. However, you need to bring your wings up sharply in order to fly straight and steady. Your landing, even mediocre, was relatively good. Extend your feet more and stretch all those claws to grip. Now, try flying again. Bring your wings out as far as possible, even while flapping. In battle obviously, you have to do all sorts of twists and things and even drop a few feet in order to escape attack by folding your wings in. He advised, approaching the branch where Arrow perched. Land like this. Cory exaggerated the movements, landing smoothly. I exaggerated for your benefit, but do what I do next time. Go to air again and fly until I tell you to stop. Cory ordered, lifting off again by tilting his wings slightly upwards and forwards and slashing them down in a V-shape. That form of taking off is for battle or covering your tracks while traveling. Don't try it yet. I use it for practice- Tesni explained it to me just a little while ago. Take to the air Arrow, and practice.

Arrow moaned. If Cory was going to ever be her mate, her should stop acting like her teacher after she learned how to fly. She looked over the branch and gulped. Taking a deep breath she jumped. Arrow streched her wings as far as they would go until it hurt. She flapped as fast as she could. "Didn't Corry know she was only an hachling? Don't look down!" She reapeated in her mind. Soon her breath was labored. Her wings ached and she wanted nothing more to do then lay down and rest, but she couldn't until Corry told her to stop. All Arrow wanted was to just stop flapping for a moment and just soar but she couldn't, and thinking of battles had always made Arrow queasy but for hours just flying in compilcated moves and dogding and attacing at the same time?! She closed her mind from everything around her except Tensi, she didn't want Cory to know how she felt and what she thought.

((*feels guilty she interrupted something* ....Nick did say he was remaking this for sure right?))

(^^ You didn't interrupt. Arrow and Cory are in the middle of a 'flying lesson.' And yeah, I think he said so. In the meantime... we're just RPing anyways. smile.gif)

Cory snorted, flicking Arrow with his tail and making her swerve in flight. You must learn these things. They are important. Watch. This is what you would do in battle. He flew forward so Arrow could see, then excecuted a complicated move which involved twisting his legs and curving a wing into a cup and shearing the air with another to dodge a barricade of arrows and to attack viciously at the same time. Cory didn't pause as he rolled over mid-air, tucking in a wing close to avoid a thrown spear and dropping a few metres. He opened it again and rose into the air, coming level with Arrow. See? You must learn to fly. Now... Cory paused for a moment. Let's test your flexibility. Come. He tucked his wings in and went into a perfectfully controlled dive and opened his wings at the last second, scooping the air and landing lightly on the forest floor. He waited, stretching.

Tesni ate some dried cranberries while she watched the dragons fly. Cory is certainly an excellent flyer. Coryn, his full name, is well deserved. He could serve a king. She thought, watching as Cory flipped over to demonstrate a battle move. He would be perfect as a battle steed. Tesni dusted her hands off and stood as a thought occured to her. How did Cory learn to fly? She wondered, staring at the golden dragon as he landed effortlessly on the ground.

((*promises she won't post anymore* ....hope the 'flying lesson' goes well and I think I'll stalk this until the new....or newer....one is here...only reason for stalking is I wanna, yes wanna, see how the lesson goes.))

(Like Hollyleaf said you didn't interupt.)

Arrow watched in pure amazment as the golden hatchling did battle flying strategies. "Hey! You didn't have to flick me!" She moaned in complaint. "Rember your older than me?" She shouted down to him. "Well how hard could flexibiltiy be compared to flying?" She thought. Arrow listening to Tensi answered. "Well I asked him that and he said he picked up things." She tried to copy what Cory did and landed even worse than she had did last time. Closing her wings she jumped off the low branch she was on and glided down to where Cory was. "Please don't tell me EVER what your going to do to me is going to hurt." Arrow had second thoughts about flexibilty now.

Cory snorted with disdain. In my parents' age, there was no one to teach them how to fly. They learned by themselves. You should be glad to have someone instruct you. And age is of no excuse. When we are older, at any point, you may stop growing and be at the height of your life. Now, practice these movements. He demonstrated several movements with increasing difficulty as he twisted his leg. And this will not hurt- if you are willing to do so and will not hold yourself like a rock that is unwilling to be shattered. Another... I was going to show you, however, due to your mediocre flying skills, I will not test you yet. The flying part will be of great difficulty to you because you cannot fly well. Cory explained, stretching out his legs. And... how old are you exactly? I need to know in order to teach you how to guide the stream of flame when you can do so. He snorted again, then opened his jaws as a wave of golden flame burst forth, crisping bugs and small leaves alike. Cory stopped the fire, leaving a single stone cherry-red and emanating warmth.

(Okay, last weekend I didn't have time to work on new one, but I should have time this weekend, last weekend had two school projects..)

(Okay, that's great! smile.gif Can't wait for the new one~)

((Yay. Which I thought I said I wouldn't post anymore ohmy.gif bad bad girl!))

((edit: grammar/spelling fail!))

Edited by Dragonhatchling

(Yay Nick!)

Arrow looked at him with great displeasure, she took his words as if it were an insult. " Well maybe you shouldn't be pushy and be more patient!" She retorted. "Also a dragon of your level should know my age already! I REPEATED it more than once!" With that Arrow flapped her wings and flew off wobbily, she would show him! However she would not return to Tensi, she would not let Tensi be ashamed. Closing her mind, she glided and flapped twice whenever she started to lower, however she got close to the ground anyway. No, they would never find her, never. Arrow decided to live the life of a wild dragon, one day she would show him and Cory was not for her, she would not let him or Tensi find her.

(Sorry for being stubborn in the RP but I couldn't think of anything else and I think Arrow has a lot of pride, yes she is a hothead. tongue.gif )

(Wow I just edit my post and I didn't write "(Two words not one)" in there!!! IS this happening to anyone else?)

Edited by Saphira BrightScales

((why wouldn't you be allowed? I never saw anything saying you alone weren't allowed.....or anything like that....I need to keep away from here before something breaks....computer is almost dead, that's a good thing, a very very good thing.))

Tesni pounded on the walls of Arrow's mind. Arrow! Arrow was flying away, she could tell. Such a hothead. I know Cory didn't mean to chase her away. Arrow might even learn something. Tesni sniffed, watching Cory fly towards her. If she survives. She shook off the desolate thoughts. Few fear a dragon. Even one young and alone.

I am sorry Tesni. I didn’t mean to chase her away. Cory bowed his head, a disappointed growl rumbling in his throat. He snapped his wings shut and landed lightly on the ledge.

Tesni padded towards the dragon. She settled on his shoulder and paused. I know you didn’t mean to chase Arrow off. I don’t blame you. Will you be my dragon while she is gone?

Cory nodded seriously. Of course. Open you mind, new friend of my heart.

Tesni obeyed, and joined her mind with Cory’s. Thank you.

((maybe they don't know it is there Nick.....maybe it got covered with to much "snow" seeing as I'm not getting much snow dry.gif .....I love snow but none will come and close school...eh least I didn't get yelled at here which I thought I did for some reason xd.png yeah...I lost my brain somewhere in the rant on how no one lets us have "snow" days.))

( laugh.gif )

Arrow ignored Tensi who was trying to open her mind. She grumbled as she landed onto the ground. Waddling to a tree she started to climb up, however she wasn't that great of a climber. Sighing Arrow flapped her wings up, up and up. Then she contiued gliding. After five minutes she would touch the ground. Sighing she looked around for food after she got tired and Arrow got tired easily or maybe it was because of all that "teaching" from Cory. "Why couldn't he stop? But no, he treated her no more than an ant!!! She was one of the few female dragons left! He would kill Arrow and that would be at least twenty dragons who never got a chance! The dragons would never survive! Sure he was older than her by at least 10,000 years but..." She broke off the thought when she saw a mouse. Unappetizing but she was hungry. Crawling forward with great silentness she sprang and caught the mouse...sorta. The mouse was close to dying so she couldn't bear for it to live forever like that she so she killed it and ate it, feeling guilty or harming a mouse to cause it pain she curled up under a tree. Living in the wild maybe wouldn't be that bad.

(I just noticed something Hollyleaf and it sorta dosen't make sense. "Few fear a dragon.")

(Oops... blink.gif I meant, 'Few don't fear a dragon.')

Tesni frowned, Arrow's mind at the very edge of her consciousness. I guess Arrow won't be coming back for awhile. She told Cory sadly.

How about I give you a ride to cheer you up. Arrow will survive- she's too stubborn to die. Cory said with a halfhearted attempt to cheer his new Rider up.

Tesni sighed but nodded. She slipped the molded saddle onto the golden dragon's back and climbed on. She tapped Cory's side lightly and gripped with her legs.

Cory launched himself out of the tree, wings snapping open in a single whoosh.

"You're a beautiful flier!" Tesni exclaimed as Cory carved a turn with hardly a bump.

I spent many years perfecting my flight. Cory replied, heading for the lake.

( biggrin.gif )

Arrow growled at being so hungry! She knew something about herself anyway that Cory didn't know. Arrow had amazing devel...something like a words like that for magic. Sighing, she carefully looked around for something to practice on. Nothing was in her surrounding except for a small rock. Arrow could easily lift this rock up and even send it miles away but she still wanted to show that she was good at flying too! Roaring in confusion and frustration she muttered words and felt energy being sucked from her, the rock lifted and she shot it away at the base of the tree where Tensi and Cory now lived.

Tesni stiffened, her sharp eyes watching a pebble zooming across the ground and heading for the base of the tree. She shot out her palm and caught it with magic. She hefted it, sensing Arrow’s touch. Her white dragon always left a mark. Arrow’s still nearby- I think. Tesni told Cory.

I would suppose so. Arrow would stay nearby in case she needed help, though even if she needed it, she wouldn’t ask because she’s so stubborn, unless she was close to dying. Cory replied, carving another turn.

I guess, but I’d love to have her at your side right now, flying with us. Tesni said wistfully.

Of course. Now, may I show you this… Cory banked then started corkscrewing while doing back flips through the air.

Ahhhhhh! Tesni cried both mentally and physically. This is hard- the legendary Saphira couldn’t do it when she first tried it.

Practice makes perfect. Cory breathed a column of fire for fun, crisping a few fallen leaves.

Arrow quietly flapped her wings higher in the air, it was a mistake to shoot it at the tree, now they knew where she was. After twenty wing beats she finally got high enough to soar. She quietly laughed to herself as she did small loops and twirles in the air. If only she could breathe fire then it would be exciting. She flapped her wings in labor but the air rushing benethe her was worth it, but soon she retired and let magic push herself up. "Flauga!" Arrow cried and felt herself being shot up farther away. Arrow could still feel Tensi's mind at the back but it had begun to fade away. She did another flip in the air but the spell was overwelming and was using too much energy and she felt herself drop like a stone. Her wings were too tierd and it felt like stone. "Oh no!" She screamed in her head as she plumeted toward the ground. "Oops, she had used too much energy and now since she couldn't flap, it would kill her if she did the spell." Arrow was about to open her mind to Tensi..no she would be wrong, no she would not let Tensi and what was that mind with her? Cory? It was! She could feel Tensi's thoughts of joy, no she didn't mind Arrow running away! That was it! She would kill herself for good now.

(Don't worry it won't be that much of an ending, you'll see, and no she's not going to die)

(Yeah, I kind of realized. ^^)

Tesni shuddered, feeling a slight tug at her energy. Arrow! No. She wouldn't feel pity for her young white dragon- it had been Arrow's choice. Tesni closed her mind tighter so it was only open to Cory. I hope she's alright. She thought, feeling sad.

It'll be okay. Cory rumbled, blowing a wisp of fire.

( laugh.gif )

Arrow prepared herself for her big finish, this would be a major mark for the dragons but here she would die anyway, she couldn't save herself now, but she would not let anyone save her either. Her wings folded in tightly against her body and the wind rushed past her face. No more than a minute pasted until she opened her eyes and saw the green treetops. Shutting her eyes she took her last breath before she felt twigs, leaves brushing hard against her and heard a bird screaming and scolding her. Bam! Pain it every part of her body, it was incredible and yet utterly painful. Arrow let out a roar, not of pain but of frustration of not leaving this world. Pain streaked to her mind and she collpapsed. Darkness took over her mind as she fell into a sleep, not of death but just a faint.