Svataben

A marker/symbol to show described dragons

This would be fantastic! I'd love to scroll through someone's dragons and see which ones have the symbol - whatever we decide on.

Since this is the suggestions/requests forum, I decided to make a suggestion. I have described some of my dragons, and most have not been described. Personally I would like it if other people were able to see the descriptions. However, no one really checks people's dragons to see which are described and which aren't, especially if their scroll is huge (which mine is not, but others are massive...). SO, I was thinking that if there were a way of seeing if a dragon is described without bothering to click on it, that would save a lot of effort searching through seemingly endless scrolls.

If this has been brought up before someone please let me know.

Oh hey look I was too lazy to use the search feature and my topic got merged into this one. Oh well, at least I know the idea has some support now.

Edited by TVTD

Love love love this idea. It would force me to read and write more descriptions!!!!

This would be a great idea -- Thank you for suggesting it. /support.

If I could tell which were described at a glance I might describe more of my dragons.

As it is I have too many to track, and so I only describe certain ones, and not often.

I support this idea! biggrin.gif

And I also prefer this one ✍, I wonder If we’ll see this someday… as it have passed a lot of time since it was suggested but still no official word about it

Sorting through 1300+ dragons today to see who still needed a description, I definitely vote in favor of this suggestion!

While I only give descriptions to my Favorites, and don't have the problem of not knowing who has and doesn't have a description - I think this would benefit everyone.

Those who love descriptions will know who they still need to give it to - and those who don't care, well - no harm done for them! biggrin.gif

I've posted a thread similar to this, and seen several others as well. I would LOVE to have this feature, or even just another page that has a list of dragons with descriptions on them. It is a pain in the behind to have to keep track of which dragons have descriptions approved, pending, or don't have them when you have close to 1000 dragons o_O

Ooh, I do like this. I currently sort my scroll in such a way to make it easier for me to see which dragons are described and which aren't, but if this were implemented I could sort my scroll however I wanted and still be able to tell. Maybe the symbol changes for pending->approved descriptions? +1 support.

I am still and will always be in favor of this. Wish TJ would post when we can look for this, since at one point he did post favorably about it. rolleyes.gif

I really like this. It would be helpful to not only me but other people visiting my scroll. smile.gif

I like this idea also! Any of the unicode symbols would serve.

I have only one described dragon currently (plan to do some more), but no one would know it by looking at my scroll.

If I saw the symbol on others scrolls Id be more likely to click and read.

It would be nice for those who take the extra time/work to write a description to be recognized this way.

I'd love this, too.

This is a very, very good suggestion - I want to be able to see on other's scrolls which dragon I should visit on his own page and I want to be better able to keep track of my own described dragons (a certain Magi went undescribed for several MONTHS (*gasp* the horror!) before I realized i've jumped over him in a description spree ohmy.gif

Just a bump and some support, since this would be very useful on scrolls that describe some of their dragons, but not all. Would be useful for me too, once I actually get to describing that first hundred or so.

I support this. I describe many random dragons on my scroll rather often and even more often I forget who I was describing to go look and see if it is in fact there, and if it is, if I need to change it to fit the dragon better now. I've found a few dragons that I never thought I described and was quite oddly surprised to realize I skipped the whole other half of that breed but right after that breed I went on another description spree...

so it'd be nice to see some type of something (be it symbol or indicator or just text saying HEY YOU DESCRIBED ME- ok, maybe not that, or at least not in Caps... but you'd see it for sure- or even a little extra sorter thing -like for BSAs and Breeding- that shows which were described or which have yet to be described- or both! both might work! in separate pulldowns of course~~)

...k so in case someone missed that ramble idea there. (if this possible suggestion also were suggested- sorry)

I think it would also be beneficial to have a pulldown tab (like for Breeding and the BSAs and such) for Described and Undescribed dragons, both separate of course, so we could sort through which ones need describing but also look through already described dragons for our own purposes. It wouldn't harm anyone... and would be completely optional but also be something to just give extra notice to the markers so it makes looking for a group of dragons that much easier to find smile.gif

Support. Perhaps a little star, or something? It could even be color-coded depending on what stage of the process the description was in; descriptions pending review would be a faded-out gray, approved ones would be the regular black, and rejected ones could be bright red. I imagine only the owner would be able to see the pending and rejected markers. Also, filters that would bring up undescribed and rejected ones would be very helpful.

I absolutely 1000% support this idea. I went through all of my dragons and wrote down which ones were described, but I would much rather just have it right there on my scroll (2 houses, 2 computers, things get lost). I like the idea of the pull down tab for described and undescribed dragons, but I'm really down with any kind of icon on dragons with descriptions. What's the point of making descriptions public if you've got a scroll with 500 dragons and no indications of which ones are described? I'm not going through all of those just to see if any of them have something clever written beneath them.

Please, not a triangle...

I like a paragraph or some pen^^

It could be really great. I'm just wondering: who goes to all dragons on a scroll to check if there is a personal description for them or not while in most cases there is none? A kind or mark that the dragon has a description would help visitors to at least know there is a description available to read.

For me, as sb who described two dragons, that actually somehow define my scroll's characteristic, it would be wonderful if I could be sure that more visitors would thinm of checking their descriptions^^

smile.gif

I've picked up my old "describe every dragon I have" plan. I currently have 1600 dragons of which I don't remember which ones I have or haven't described over a 5 year span of playing on Dragon Cave. I need that marker xd.png Pwetty please?

I'd like to see a "p" for pending descriptions that flips right-side-up to a "d" for approved descriptions.

I've lost track of some of my descriptions, both pending and approved, and this would be a great help! <3