Svataben

A marker/symbol to show described dragons

Love the idea.

Voting paragraph symbol.

Edited by Zovesta

Love this idea a lot. smile.gif

I like the hand and pen then the paragraph thingy then the triangle thing.

Yus! And since the other symbols are images now, that means we don't have to worry about fonts being able to display whatever icon we envision. Hand-and-pen would be win. :3

The paragraph symbol seems more logical, it's also easier for people like with limited vision to recognise smile.gif

Is recognition of the paragraph symbol wide-spread, though? I'd be concerned people might not know what it's supposed to mean. Beyond that, good point.

Yeah, I support the paragraph thing but I had absolutely no idea what it was before so whatever the results, I'm fine.

Love the idea and voting on the hand folding the pen. smile.gif

I like the paragraph symbol, though I already knew what it meant. The pencils/hand holding pen all look too small and fuzzy. :/

The hand with the pen has my vote, though in my browers it is just a little square. happy.gif

I do like the idea of some kind of symbol next to a dragon with a description. It would be neat.

No contest, pen holding a hand wins...

...Huh... That doesn't make sense does it?

Oh yes, I'm in favour of the idea. smile.gif

I think the pencil symbol is rather appropriate, since it's representing writing and text, right? The pen-holding hand looks somewhat too detailed to me, I guess.

There was a similar thread awhile back...not sure where it went

Someone suggested little quills

I made these back then

user posted image

user posted image

If i remeber correctly someone had a much prettier one though xd.png

I personally don't care for writing my own description but having the OP's idea executed like this would be wonderful.

Oops! I missed the no quills post. I don't really care which symbol a slong a sit's places where the quill is in this image. So we won't clutter the place where we currently have symbols. I'm taking into account that there may be a ready to breed symbol coming out some day.

Edited by n00biito

I like this idea very much.

Not only will it allow visitors to our scrolls know which dragons have descriptions, but it'd let the owner know at a glance if their description has been accepted.

This is a really good idea. In my opinion it would:

1. Help scroll owners by showing which dragon have descriptions.

2. Help scroll owners by showing when descriptions have been accepted.

3. Increase the chance that visitors to scrolls would read the descriptions.

It would really enhance the Dragon Cave experience for those who are interested in the description aspect of the game. I really enjoy writing descriptions for my dragons, but though I am interested in reading the descriptions of other players, I really don't want to have to click on every dragon in the cave to look for them.

I have a small update for this topic.

I've been personally speaking to TJ about some ideas/suggestions for the site and brought this one up.

He HAS agreed to implement this, so you WILL at some point be getting description markers. However, he hasn't given a time frame because he says he's not happy about the layout of the current icons/images on the scroll page and he wants to rearrange them. But as soon as the images are rearranged, he'll be adding a description marker.

No ETA as of yet.

I was really hoping there was a feather quill unicode symbol, but I can't find one. 3: If there really isn't, I'd go for the hand holding the pen. o3o

I rather like this idea :3

ϡ small Sampi (Greek, U+03E1) looks kinda like a quill o3o

Wikipedia has a rather large list of unicode symbols at that link there, which is where I found that.

Thanks for the update that I had forgotten to reply to. >_>

Hey, maybe they'll be in this update... who knows. Still, I like it, and I can't wait for it to be implemented.

So do I. I'd love to be able to tell which dragons have descriptions so I could read them.