HeatherMarie

Freezing Eggs

I love the egg freezing idea. There are some dragon sprites that I'd love to collect the eggs of, but don't want the hatchies or the dragons because I don't like them.

I would be all for this idea, I already collect adult and hatchie sprites for each type and I'd collect an egg too for collection completion purposes

I think that it should be just one egg of each kind.

I agree with this option.

Hmmm. If we would be able to freeze one egg of each kind, would that mean that when special event dragons come out, that we could grab three instead of two? I mean, TJ allowed us to grab two valentines and two Christmases so people could freeze one if they wanted to. If we ever get the frozen egg implemented there would be people wanting three so they could have a full set.

Perhaps if this was implemented it could be a spell to "extract hatching from egg" and would count as an egg for 3.5 days (perhaps it is very tiring?) and at the end the hatching produced would either run away (to the wild or AP) or have a slight chance of staying on your scroll (like slow time consuming forcing that will not kill the dragon and leave you with the empty shell?)

Someone on another thread suggested getting a "piece eggshell back together" type option once an egg had hatched. It would prevent it from being misused, since you'd still have to wait to hatch the egg. It seemed like a good idea.

ETA: Found it- in the "Anti-freezing" thread in Site Discussion.

How about an option to 'piece the egg shell back together' after a hatchling is born...that would preserve the egg for scroll collection purposes and then you wouldn't have to waste a special event egg by freezing it.  It would also prevent people from freezing a ton of common eggs since they'd have to wait for it to hatch anyway. 

I would love to have some 'hollow egg shells' on my scroll.  The Autumn eggs were especially pretty.  ^^

Edited by DarkLadyNyara

I don't really agree with this idea. Except if you can piece the shell back together after the egg hatches, and you get a hatchie.

Otherwise people will freeze lots of eggs from the AP. And I think it would be sad if some of the eggs were empty, so overall I disagree with this idea.

As a collector, of course I want also all those pretty pretty eggs on my scroll smile.gif - however I can see that there are many valid concerns connected to egg freezing.

Out of the here offered suggestions, I like the only being able to freeze eggs you bred a lot, though see problems with the unbreedable ones and special event eggs. I am also affraid that if the special even eggs are being able to be frozen even when catched, that people with fast connections just will get 3 eggs - 1 egg, 1 hatchling, 1 adult (if TJ allows 3 eggs per person) - and otehr people have even more problems getting a special event egg. So probably the piece egg shell together after the dragon has hatched (tough not so appealing to me) sounds like a good solution to prevent all problems that were pointed up to now. smile.gif

I like this idea, and very much like the time (and not number!) limits.

Anyway since frozens get no views now (I mean hatchlings) it could be possible to grab an egg and freeze (intact egg) then a week later (or whatever, as TJ sets) you grab another egg, get some views, and then when you feel it cracked enough, you freeze it and keep it in THAT cracked stage. I am not a freezer but I think I would keep an egg with a huge hole in it and the text "it's completely devoid of dirt and scratches" smile.gif

I'd go for either piecing the egg shell back together (possibly with chance of failure?) or freezing eggs working the same as dead eggs (count as an egg for 24 hrs, limit of 5 per 2 weeks). Just not sure how to stop a frozen egg from counting towards the limit - the dead egg stops counting because it comes off your scroll, after all.

I will say I'm in favor of anything that keeps the AP overflowing at least a few times a day - I do my best to only breed when the AP is overflowing, so I only get one egg I can keep.

Just not sure how to stop a frozen egg from counting towards the limit - the dead egg stops counting because it comes off your scroll, after all.

Actually, it only comes off your scroll after 2 weeks or so.

Actually, it only comes off your scroll after 2 weeks or so.

Sorry, meant towards the maximum number of killed eggs you could have. If frozen have the same regulations as killing eggs (counts as an egg for 24 hours, only 5 killed eggs within 2 weeks), the 24 hour still-an-egg thing is something that's already in place, but counting 5 eggs over 2 weeks will be harder since the frozen eggs stay on your scroll, whereas dead eggs do not.

I wouldn't even mind if frozen eggs counted towards your egg count for 3.5 days. I love some of the eggs, but don't like the sprites that follow, so I haven't grabbed those eggs.

If eggs could be frozen, I'd be happy for it to count against the egg count for just as long as the average egg takes to hatch.

Edited by Gwenhyffar

There was a suggestion for this somewhere that I liked very much. Someone (I think it was Flame Rising? Not sure though.) had the idea that after an egg hatches, the owner could have the option to piece the eggshell back together, or to glue the eggshell back together, or something. Then, once the egg was put back together (Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall), it would sit on the scroll as decoration. That way, people can collect the egg sprites, but since they'd have to wait for it to hatch anyways, there'd be no way to abuse it.

Edited by wobster109

I'd like to see the option to freeze eggs. As far as I'm concerned it can be unlimited, as long as there's no way to unfreeze them.

I had not thought about the implications come rare egg release time... I dont think the limit should be raised from 2 to 3, it can be hard enough to grab the rares as it is.

Most of the rares seem to be able to breed at that one time of year again the following year - I think that people should have to decide if they want an adult and a hatchie for example the year of issue, and if they want eggs too its upto them to breed the egg the following year and freeze it, or wait the following year to catch one and freeze it (assuming its the same run)

I like the 'limited number of eggs per breed' idea myself, but I would suggest that you get can have two eggs and that they lock you for five hours, like you can't abandon CB eggs for five hours after taking them from the cave.

There was a suggestion for this somewhere that I liked very much. Someone (I think it was Flame Rising? Not sure though.) had the idea that after an egg hatches, the owner could have the option to piece the eggshell back together, or to glue the eggshell back together, or something. Then, once the egg was put back together (Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall), it would sit on the scroll as decoration. That way, people can collect the egg sprites, but since they'd have to wait for it to hatch anyways, there'd be no way to abuse it.

I love this idea! That seems to fix most issues - even rarity for holiday eggs, since no one would have to grab an extra egg just to freeze it.

I love this idea! That seems to fix most issues - even rarity for holiday eggs, since no one would have to grab an extra egg just to freeze it.

i love this idea laugh.gif

There was a suggestion for this somewhere that I liked very much. Someone (I think it was Flame Rising? Not sure though.) had the idea that after an egg hatches, the owner could have the option to piece the eggshell back together, or to glue the eggshell back together, or something. Then, once the egg was put back together (###### Dumpty sat on a wall), it would sit on the scroll as decoration. That way, people can collect the egg sprites, but since they'd have to wait for it to hatch anyways, there'd be no way to abuse it.

*Nods* I like this too.

I think that is the idea, which avoids most issues which were raised against egg freezing, while still allowing one to have those pretty egg sprites on one's scroll smile.gif

And if we freeze the egg when they have a crack they stay like that forever right? We should also be able to freeze dead eggs, just for collection purposes. I say 7 eggs per week is the best, that way people can freeze 7 eggs in one day, 1 egg per day, ...

Or we can do this, which is actually better.

Edited by INsanityPenguin

I was gonna post (Before i went to page 2 ((I was on page on of this thread when i thought of it))) That you could repair the shell. But when i posted it i saw some comment saying "Piecing the egg together would be a great idea" Or something. But you can add to that, by something like you'd have to get some kind of glue or something so people cant just get 4 eggs (Or more) they hatch repair shells, 4 eggs, hatch repair, 4 eggs, hatch, repair.

I was gonna post (Before i went to page 2 ((I was on page on of this thread when i thought of it))) That you could repair the shell. But when i posted it i saw some comment saying "Piecing the egg together would be a great idea" Or something. But you can add to that, by something like you'd have to get some kind of glue or something so people cant just get 4 eggs (Or more) they hatch repair shells, 4 eggs, hatch repair, 4 eggs, hatch, repair.

I think it's just different. You can wait till the little critter's out, throw him out and then leave the egg pieces. Crude.