HeatherMarie

Freezing Eggs

Well it is kind of ruined cuz there will be no egg freezing any time soon or every with the whole "Oh no poor pixel babies that can feel no pain , are not truly alive, simply because I perceive sentience in them due to a few lines of text on a screen"

Personally I'm just against the whole idea simpy because everyone just has to make it so damn complicated. No one can settle on anything because there is always some kind of flaw to any of the ideas and well I just don't think adding in egg freezing is worth the hassle of all this running around in circles until everyone is puking.

Just no to egg freezing. Would it be nice? Yes. Needed? Not really. Should it happen? No. Regardless of whether we want to or not its not gonna and I'd rather it not happen.

Sorry, how is this any different from freezing hatchlings? It's really not that complicated...

Frozen hatchings don't die, they simply never grow up. Never age. Like Peter Pan.

Yes bump the pygmy one ! It's nicer than the mint !

I'm good with just about any of the egg freezing methods discussed, but my favorites are the Mint and Pygmy BSAs.

Cheers!

C4.

Sorry, how is this any different from freezing hatchlings? It's really not that complicated...

It isnt. I'm not saying it is, everyone is making it complicated. Thats why I'd rather just have TJ tell everyone that its not gonna happen ever and to stop because everyone has a need to make it super complicated. Its just tedious to deal with all the "Oh no these non sentient pixels formed by strings of code might 'die' and we can't have non sentient things die." Just be done with it and not do it at all.

Too much work, not enuogh reason to deal with everyone's running in circles, so just nah.

Trust me we are not gonna reach a consensus unless its either not an egg it self, or some how people benefit from getting a hatchi out of it to "save" it.

It isnt. I'm not saying it is, everyone is making it complicated. Thats why I'd rather just have TJ tell everyone that its not gonna happen ever and to stop because everyone has a need to make it super complicated. Its just tedious to deal with all the "Oh no these non sentient pixels formed by strings of code might 'die' and we can't have non sentient things die." Just be done with it and not do it at all.

Too much work, not enuogh reason to deal with everyone's running in circles, so just nah.

Trust me we are not gonna reach a consensus unless its either not an egg it self, or some how people benefit from getting a hatchi out of it to "save" it.

This isn't a good reason to not do it? There will always be people who dislike some aspect of DC - there is just no possible way to cater to everyone and that's okay. Everyone plays this game differently and freezing eggs would be part of that for some people. Freezing doesn't make the lineage look any different and it doesn't kill anything that was ever alive (they're pixels). Just because a group of people is attached to the dragons doesn't change the fact that this is a game and freezing hurts absolutely no one.

Edited by Snowytoshi

This isn't a good reason to not do it? There will always be people who dislike some aspect of DC - there is just no possible way to cater to everyone and that's okay. Everyone plays this game differently and freezing eggs would be part of that for some people. Freezing doesn't make the lineage look any different and it doesn't kill anything that was ever alive (they're pixels). Just because a group of people is attached to the dragons doesn't change the fact that this is a game and freezing hurts absolutely no one.

Excellent points. Also, you're giving up way too easily, AnanoKimi. Nothing is simple.

I think the holiday idea would be good, but including eggs as part of the scroll count shouldn't be added. People would be grabbing one freezing and them grabbing them breed by breed just to build up the number.

Also I'm not ruining anything for you, nor is anyone else who are stating ideas that are against this suggestion. if someone comes up with an idea to keep the hatching AND the egg it would be fun but personally I'm against the idea of freezing the egg. Just as you want the egg freezing suggestion. it would be cool and there's a few eggs I'd love to freeze.

I'm sorry I should have made it clear. I am not targeting YOU. I am mad at the entire group that doesn't let the rest of us have something fun because something that doesn't even exist, has no way of feeling pain, joy, sadness might "die".

Well you havent been here the years long enough to see the whole depbate and literally giant list of differnt ways people want to try and implement this followed by constant back and forths how this idea doesnt work because this and that and its just mnhg....

There was a thrad where I think Sock had a list of all the suggestions on freezing eegs from bsa's to actions, to other things. You were allowed to post your views on each one and which you felt was better. Yeah, that thread was huge of people going back and forth about how inanimate codes of information might die and so they couldnt settle on one simple idea because it needed to ensure it fit RP wise, made sense, if it was a BSA that it fit with the dragon, that it was plausible for everyone, didnt involve the personal killing of any eggs, that some how the hatchling was "saved", along with a bunch of other things.

Its... Its ridiculous, trust me. If people can settle on just a simple Hatchling style freeze, then sure, go for it. If everyone is gonna keep making it as unnecessarily complicated as possible to get this done then just no.

First of all: The whole "oh noez teh hatchling dies" argument is irrelevant and has no part in this discussion. It doesn't even exist, so it doesn't have a life, and therefore cannot die, and if you feel guilty "killing" it, well... that's a personal problem.

First of all: The whole "oh noez teh hatchling dies" argument is irrelevant and has no part in this discussion. It doesn't even exist, so it doesn't have a life, and therefore cannot die, and if you feel guilty "killing" it, well... that's a personal problem.

My stance as well. Percieved sentience is a personal issue and should not get in the way of propper game development. Simple. If people can move past that then lets have frozen eggs then.

But the thing is - by running with the BSA suggestions - the oh noes thing is DONE with. Nothing dies. The end.

Where's the problem with trying to run with one of those - as then there is NO argument against it. SO - let's all push for one of those, and then we can have egg sprites on our scrolls. (but please on a separate page or in a chest like treats..)

I don't actually mind one way or the other and have no problem with the death of eggs - but if you WANT consensus, those options are the ones that have the best chance of getting it. Do you feel the need to freeze actual eggs, or is it the sprite you want - I am guessing the latter.

Edited by fuzzbucket

I see. "...because we can't freeze the hatchling inside the egg (supposedly information from TJ)." - Sock

So, BSA, then? I'd be okay with Collect. And yeah, have it on a seperate page. Would be confusing if it were on the normal page.

Edited by The Flash

For what it's worth, my favourite suggestion has always been 'collect the egg shells of the hatched dragon and piece the egg back together' variant. Takes care of any ethical concerns, takes care of timing and egg slot issues, does not have the side-effect of potential breeding frustration (as the "potentially breed a dud" option does), has the eggs on your scroll, and discontinued dragons could at least in theory be fielded by it if the option to collect egg-shells was not limited by dragon age. Like other frozen things, frozen eggs would be untradeable.

Edited by pinkgothic

~Merged~

I'm past caring how - I do wish we'd get egg freezing one day, even if I don't freeze things myself.

I feel like we already have enough things 'not working in the favor of the player' with refusals, dragons not wanting to breed or not producing eggs, and not getting the eggs or breeds we want for a lineage or for whatever other reason we might want, say, a Gold rather than a Royal Blue. Sooo... yeah, not in the favor of 'dud' eggs.

I would love to freeze some eggs, and I agree there should be limits, but I'd like it better if the limits were something like the limits on hatchlings, so you can only freeze a set amount every two weeks. I have no idea about whether they should take up egg limits or for how long, but having a limit on freezing itself would be the best idea, I think.

Edited by silver_chan