kayla0297

Leetle Adoptables

I don't think it is up to TJ to get the site going. People have to participate. It's because people aren't participating that the approval thingie for the leetles is not going anywhere. Ya gotta vote on them... I need to follow my own advice, actually, but I just got there. Hasn't even been a month. So there is only so much I can do with voting what with it costing 10 points per vote.

Here is my profile. I've only got 10 leetles up there as I write this but it takes time to click, etc., and I don't get to it every day. But I add new ones in as I accumulate enough.

Are people still alive on Leetles?

I just joined about two, maybe three weeks back and I realised that nothing was happening there, and that I've only seen like three people logged in since.

Tried the forum, but even my intoductions post hasn't been approved so I can't even ask about it... This is basically my reason for joining the DC forum, specifically so I could post here in this thread. dry.gif

So, anybody? Is reviving the site a thing we can do?

Edited by deej

Are people still alive on Leetles?

I just joined about two, maybe three weeks back and I realized that nothing was happening there, and that I've only seen like three people logged in since.

Tried the forum, but even my introductions post hasn't been approved so I can't even ask about it... This is basically my reason for joining the DC forum, specifically so I could post here in this thread.   dry.gif

So, anybody? Is reviving the site a thing we can do?

I loved it when I first got started but I don't think revival is an actual plausible thing. If TJ got in on it? Advertised that it was happening again to Dragon Cave Forum? Then yes. As it stands? No. Sorry, but if you know of others who want it and could try to be committed we could possibly try. PM me if you want to try starting an email chain. I haven't been on the past year because it literally is a ghost and with no user base you can't be an artist. But we could try, right?

Edit: Btw an email chain is so we have access to something resembling a forum. I don't have skype but if anyone knows another reliable, quick to check messenger we could do that. Anyone know if we could do this somehow with google? I'm not that good with google stuff.

Edit M2: It also turns out if we are to do this we will need a new administration team to be approved and recognized by TJ, but first that team will need an actual plan. My Leetle that was submitted January 22 is still awaiting administrator approval and if that is true then it's also probably true that atleast a years backlog of submissions has built up and we'll need atleast a few people to sort through that. If anyone want's to actually commit pm me and we can try to organize something. Once is fine. I don't have enough followers anywhere to be able to gain any traction with this and my friends are to busy to play games. I'll need help to do this and anyone will need concrete plans before they can even think of contacting the almighty T of J

Edited by Walron

I loved it when I first got started but I don't think revival is an actual plausible thing.  If TJ got in on it?  Advertised that it was happening again to Dragon Cave Forum?  Then yes.  As it stands?  No.  Sorry, but if you know of others who want it and could try to be committed we could possibly try.  PM me if you want to try starting an email chain.  I haven't been on the past year because it literally is a ghost and with no user base you can't be an artist.  But we could try, right?

Edit: Btw an email chain is so we have access to something resembling a forum.  I don't have skype but if anyone knows another reliable, quick to check messenger we could do that.  Anyone know if we could do this somehow with google?  I'm not that good with google stuff.

Edit M2:  It also turns out if we are to do this we will need a new administration team to be approved and recognized by TJ, but first that team will need an actual plan.  My Leetle that was submitted January 22 is still awaiting administrator approval and if that is true then it's also probably true that atleast a years backlog of submissions has built up and we'll need atleast a few people to sort through that.  If anyone want's to actually commit pm me and we can try to organize something.  Once is fine.  I don't have enough followers anywhere to be able to gain any traction with this and my friends are to busy to play games.  I'll need help to do this and anyone will need concrete plans before they can even think of contacting the almighty T of J

YES. (I have no idea how all the admin stuff works but I can learn.)

How many people are we talking here?

I have a couple of friends who may be interested (no promises though), but we're all in the midst of national exams here so I'm gonna need another two weeks before I can give anything else my full attention.

But yes. Revival. Sweet. Cool. thumbs_up.png

P.S.: Telegram is a thing. Like a Whatsapp thing but also for documents. Pretty sure it's on the computer as well the smartphone.

Also, the last time I used Google Docs, it had a chat function too.

Edited by deej

I'd have to learn the admin stuff to, so don't worry, we could help each other learn. Although I hope that it isn't to hard to figure out although I bet there will be a learning curve. I don't know how many people will be needed. I doubt we would need a large amount for the beginning because of how small it is right now. Does anyone want to help or have any ideas about this?

Also, cool fact, tomorrow is the ide of november

So this will be an exercise in acquisition of dubious life skills, lol. cool.gif

Perhaps we should start by first putting down what we wanna do, then see about how we're gonna do it? Leetle steps. (Heh.)

I would suggest creating a thread dedicated to the revival on the Leetles' forum, but I still can't do anything there.

Also, that is a cool fact, but a brief jaunt through Wikipedia's article on the Roman Calendar gave me the impression that November's ide falls on the 13th. Sorry, mate. tongue.gif

Of course, that was for the mega-old ten-month system and I'm no scholar, so perhaps I'm missing something here. The ide is the day (night?) of the full moon, innit? Random Google search says full moon's gonna be on the 25th. huh.gif

On the bright side, I now know what happened to the missing period between December and Martius before the addition of Ianuarius and Februarius in, apparently, 700BCE.

... I'm just gonna stop here before I fall further down the rabbit hole and throw my Econs grade out the window. See ya in a fortnight.

Edited by deej

The month of February is now declared leetles month! Let's get this site back up and running! If all of us are on for a whole month, than maybe, just maybe it'll get some life back into it! Maybe if we all ask, TJ will spend some time making this site great again! Who's with me?!?!

Want to see more and new leetles? Than vote for them! Simply follow the link, vote, than change the number in the http bar to 1364 and the next creation waiting to be voted on will appear! Keep changing the number to get to the next one.

http://leetles.com/creation/1363

Edited by Lady_DragonRider

Ai, Skype is buggy, but Discord is an amazing alternative. Give it a go :3

I'm kind of new to the site, how long does it usually take for an admin to approve your leetle?

First off, welcome! It's always great to see new people!

To answer your question, it depends. Sometimes it takes only a few days, other times a week. Recently he has been quick about getting them approved.

PALS. Are we really gonna try reviving the site?

If so, I'm so IN. What's the plan, what's happening? Leggo leggo!

I joined a few weeks ago in March and it's been really slow. With an artist account, getting uP's has been tough, especially before leveling up to 2 uP's a click. And I pretty much collected all the leetles I want right now. Also, without TJ approving my leetle creations, I really don't have anything to sell yet. It's kind of a pain, cause all I can do is click. :/

For artists does the creation price ever cap? Or does it keep just going up and up with each new thing that you make?

Well... I joined Leetle Adoptables unaware that it was kinda... ghostly. No activity I can really spot. So far I've really enjoyed the website. I think it's a cool idea, and enjoy the one Leetle I've managed to get so far.

Was there any progress ever made with trying to revive it?

A big problem right now seems to be that Leetles is run mainly by TJ. He's the only one who can approve adoptables and can approve new members to the site's forum. So new members are really limited.

It doesn't seem to matter what kind of leetles are created or that there's a bunch in the queue, if TJ's not paying attention to the site, it can't run. :/

Maybe we should start bugging TJ for updates to the leetles site.

Edited by Daydreamer09

Oh gee i didn't realize the site has been in a bad state. I made an account and uploaded this guy but he hasn't been approved yet, obviously.

user posted image what's a ghost town without a leetle ghost, amirite?

Edited by atheris

https://i.imgur.com/nyEazrt.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0nusM1D.jpg

Sites don't turn super valuable from neglect TJ!

But seriously, why are leetles waiting in queque for three years!?

I think in the past some of the adoptables had been auto-rejected if they weren't approved after a certain time. TJ changed that and I think some of the auto'd sprites were put back in the queue.

The site's forums are down. Sorry to say, but it might be a sign.

I think in the past some of the adoptables had been auto-rejected if they weren't approved after a certain time. TJ changed that and I think some of the auto'd sprites were put back in the queue.

The site's forums are down. Sorry to say, but it might be a sign.

Forums back. Hey guys, what do you think about revamping and redesigning the Leetles site?

I've done graphic design, some game GUI interface work and flash animations in the past. I would really love to put my skills to work in helping the site get back on its feet. Since the technozoid forums are slow, I thought I'd post here for feedback.

http://technoized.com/board/index.php?act=ST&f=4&t=523

I just joined Leetle Adoptables recently. Even though the site isn't very active, I'm enjoying it so far. I like the idea and the leetles are cute. So far, I have bought a cookie, which I have put in my signature.

Hello! I just joined Leetle as an artist! Still a tad confused but hey! 

27841.gif

Edited by Acclivius

I used to be really active on the site around 2010. I just went back on and realized that nobody is online. It's a shame, I had a lot of fun on there and it's sad to see that it's such a ghost town. At least it's still up, and my account is still alive.