mandrakekeeper

Metal Maniacs

Welcome Metal Maniacs!

I'm retooling this thread just a little to match how it is mainly being used at the moment.

It was originally a place for people that had lineages of pure black or pure white X gold or silver to come together and help each other out but quickly expanded to include other pure common x gold or silver lineages. We had lists of people working on the different lineages so that people could contact each other about potential trades to help expand their lovely lineages. Recently, the lists haven't been used much and people have just been offering their eggs or requesting assistance in the thread. With this in mind, I have done away with the lists. So.....

This is a place for anyone interested in a Pure Common X Gold and/or Pure Common X Silver lineage. All commons eggs are welcome here just as long as the lineage is One Common X Gold or One Common X Silver.

Here is an example:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/LtL7

If you have an egg that you want to give away to someone else that is working on the same lineage or you want to trade for a similar egg, just post it here.

If you are needing a specific egg to help move your lineage along, post your request here. We have a great group of people that are willing to help out if they are able.

As always, I am open to suggestions that will help make this thread user friendly. If you have an idea that will help make this thread bigger and better, by all means, let me know. laugh.gif

Rules:

1. No killing, freezing, or trading away a dragon that was given to you.

2. Keep the lines pure. For example, the BlackXGold line should only have black and gold in it. You can breed either BlackXBlack or BlackXGold. The same goes for the other lines.

3. No inbreeding

4. It would be cool if the lineage names were continued but it isn’t necessary. The important thing is for everyone to help each other grow their metallic lineage(s). The goal is to make beautifully long lineages with these dragons.

Supporters and potential breeders (thanks guys for helping out!):

1. TikindiDragon - has silverXwhite. she also started the silverXstone thread called the SilverMountain if you are interested in that particular lineage.

2. Sidoney - can breed pure black eggs if you need them for your lineages just contact her for more info

3. Lizzyluna - has offered to breed pure white eggs for your lineages just contact her for more info.

4. moxiegraphix - has offered to breed her cb silver to any of her cb commons for your lineages just contact her for more info.

5. Seranta - has offered to breed her cb metallics to any of her cb commons for your lineages. just contact for more info.

6. Lemon Crisis - has offered to breed her dragons if needed. please contact by PM if you want to set up a particular breeding.

7. A - chana - has offered to breed her CB Gold with other CB Commons. please contact my PM if you want to set up a particular breeding.

Edited by mandrakekeeper

user posted image

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=49766&st=0][IMG=http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2172/golblu.gif][/url]

user posted image

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=49766&st=0][IMG=http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/1475/mmanicatiny.png][/url]

user posted image

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=49766&st=0][IMG=http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/2834/silverfem.gif][/url]

user posted image

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=49766&st=0][IMG=http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/7732/silwhimm.gif][/url]

user posted image

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=49766&st=0][IMG=http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/4356/whitelover.gif][/url]

user posted image

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=49766&st=0][IMG=http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/4578/blacklover.gif][/url]

all made by katsrevenge. Thanks! They look great!

Edited by mandrakekeeper

This sounds cool. I'm trying to make Gold/Black and Gold/White lineages, but alas, I can't find them suitable mates. This could be really useful biggrin.gif

That is what i was thinking. It looks like a lot of people are working on these particular lines and if there is a central place for us to come and trade eggs it would help our lines grow. biggrin.gif

No. Yes.... no! Ok, yes. I really really don't need another project. I just love golds and silvers. And I'm sympathetic to your plight. I'm not actively trying for pure gold/white or gold/black, or silver/white or silver/black lines. Most of my golds and silvers breed with other breeds, not black or white. However, I'll contribute any way I can. I'd also love to acquire a few stray silvers or golds here. smile.gif

Also, I haven't picked up a caveborn gold or silver in forever. I usually am locked with bred/project eggs. I don't know how much that will affect my participation.

I would like to do this. I only have one cb gold dragon and one cb silver dragon, and finding mates and getting new gold and silver eggs is hard. So I would like to participate. tongue.gif

cool. i will add everyone to the lists and as soon as i'm not locked to high heaven, i'll see what my dragons will produce for this line. smile.gif

Thanks Fiona for the offer of assistance!

twokeen: are you interested in trying to build all 4 lines or just 2 of them at this time?

I'm starting to have spare black eggs with this sort of pedigree, and will be looking for similar pedigreed black eggs to go with retained golds with this kind of pedigree.

I'm also working on silver and black and should start to have spare blacks from that in a while - it's not as advanced as the gold and black. I have given away the odd one from that so far.

twokeen: are you interested in trying to build all 4 lines or just 2 of them at this time?

I think I'm just going to try the black and gold and silver and white (or black). Just 2 at the moment. I'm involved with many projects right now.

Edit: I also have a gold egg (with cb gold and cb black parents) I'm willing to trade for another gold egg/hatchling with all gold/black lineage(no inbreeding please). Please PM me.

Edited by twokeen

i've updated the first post with the current participants.

twokeen: my most recent golds grew up so let me see if anyone feels frisky and willing to produce a gold egg for me. if no gold eggs are produced but a black egg is, you are more than welcome to it to be a mate for a future gold. i'll let you know if any of the dragons give me eggs.

Edited by mandrakekeeper

one of my black/gold pairs gave me a black egg. if anyone is interested in it, PM me. i will drop it tomorrow if I don't hear from anyone. cool.gif

last call on this black egg with black/gold lineage. will be breeding other pairs later on.

as always, if you are interested in one of these lineages, just let me know and i'll add you to the list.

Ooo, excellent, I've been waiting for a thread for this for ages. xd.png Although, there are a bunch of other pure metallic lines that people try to do, it seems a shame we can't accommodate them all...but I guess there are too many eh? I know there's silver/guardian, silver/red, silver/skywing and silver/water that different people are working on, oh and metallic/seasonal as well. And silver/stone of course. But oh well, even with just the blacks and whites this is still cool! =D

I have a couple of pure silver/white breeding pairs now (finally!!) and would be glad to exchange eggs with anyone else doing this. biggrin.gif I'm also working toward having some white/gold breeding pairs, but I have yet to get the gold part of it lined up. xd.png Still working on it... I'll get there eventually... So add me to both of those lists, yes. biggrin.gif And I *might* be interested in doing the pure gold/black thing too, depends on how locked I am with other projects, lol.

Ooo, excellent, I've been waiting for a thread for this for ages. xd.png  Although, there are a bunch of other pure metallic lines that people try to do, it seems a shame we can't accommodate them all...but I guess there are too many eh?  I know there's silver/guardian, silver/red, silver/skywing and silver/water that different people are working on, oh and metallic/seasonal as well. And silver/stone of course.  But oh well, even with just the blacks and whites this is still cool! =D

I have a couple of pure silver/white breeding pairs now (finally!!) and would be glad to exchange eggs with anyone else doing this. biggrin.gif  I'm also working toward having some white/gold breeding pairs, but I have yet to get the gold part of it lined up. xd.png Still working on it... I'll get there eventually... So add me to both of those lists, yes. biggrin.gif And I *might* be interested in doing the pure gold/black thing too, depends on how locked I am with other projects, lol.

i will add you to the white lists but will wait until you know for sure you want to start a Black/Gold lineage. i understand about lots of projects. i'm in or assisting a few of them, but they are a lot of fun to participant in. xd.png

i know there is a thread about metallics and guardians and the silver mountain thread but i don't remember seeing any for other breeds so i wouldn't mind adding other breeds to the lists if people would like a common place to come and exchange for those too.

just let me know if you think that would be helpful and i'll expand the lists.

Edited by mandrakekeeper

Have my first blackXgold hatchling: male gold named Golden Nefarious. Think I will try a whiteXgold next. tongue.gif

Have my first blackXgold hatchling: male gold named Golden Nefarious. Think I will try a whiteXgold next. tongue.gif

congrats! love the name. tongue.gif

i'll be breeding my blacks and golds in a couple of days. hopefully they will be nice and give a gold or 2 for thread. keep your fingers crossed.

i have 3 fairly new cb silvers too so i need to look into mates for them. there will be at least 1 white and 1 black matched up with them to start those lines. smile.gif I still need to come up with a cool lineage name for these particular lines of mine...

I'm happy to take pure black/gold and black/silver black eggs, to mate to the golds and silvers that are progeny of my cb golds and silvers (I only have two of each and probably won't manage to get more), and their progeny.

The blacks lets me extend the lines with new blood.

I'm happy to take pure black/gold and black/silver black eggs, to mate to the golds and silvers that are progeny of my cb golds and silvers (I only have two of each and probably won't manage to get more), and their progeny.

The blacks lets me extend the lines with new blood.

very true. as soon as i have room, i'll see what i get from them and you will have first dibs on the eggies. smile.gif i have a couple of eggs/hatchlings coming my way still so i can't breed them just yet. smile.gif

Brilliant, thanks. smile.gif

I can offer similarly bred black eggs. Maybe metals later.

I picked up a white from the ap with cb silver and cb white parents, the other day ... hanging onto that one.

as soon as some hatchlings grow up, i can try a couple of pairs out. keep your fingers crossed, i've been having a lot of they bred but didn't produce eggs happening lately. i may have to wait until they AP is really low before i try them. not sure if that makes a difference but i hate when they don't produce at least 1 egg.

i have one black egg that is 6 generation blackXgold available. the other pairs weren't in the mood or didn't produce eggs this week. if you are interested in the black egg, PM me. smile.gif

i have one black egg that is 6 generation blackXgold available. the other pairs weren't in the mood or didn't produce eggs this week. if you are interested in the black egg, PM me. smile.gif

I have a black egg from a cb gold and cb black I will trade you if you want. I need new blood on my scroll (if your still on). tongue.gif

black egg went to twokeen. hopefully, i'll get unlocked and will be able to take in her little black egg for this project. smile.gif

also, we were throwing the idea of GlowingOnyx as the "family" name for the silverXblack lineage.

Anyone else come up with a cool lineage name for the silver lines? i wonder if i should make it a contest? the winner that comes up with the best lineage name gets a gold or silver egg. cool.gif

I wouldn't mind either joining or donating black bred metallic draggies. My blacks and silvers always breed well, so I may be able to give those as well.

I've a bunch of CB silvers, a CB gold (soon to grow up) and a few CB blacks..

I would like some metallic bred blacks smile.gif

hey Katsrevenge. i'm adding you to the lists and welcome to the Metal Manics World. biggrin.gif

Thread: I've caught another silver from the cave so it looks like my silver family will be growing faster than my gold family. now i need to try and catch some CB blacks and whites or some properly bred blacks and whites to go with the silvers.

As i get space to do so, i'll be breeding my metallics and offering what i can to the thread.

A final thought for this posting. If you are working on a specific metallic X bred combo and want a place to exchange eggs with others for that specific combo, post here and i'll add that combo to the first post. i just used the blacks and whites because those are the ones i'm focusing on but i realize others may be working on different breeds and don't have a thread to help them out. i don't mind expanding the list to assist others in growing their lineage. biggrin.gif