Selina_Catz

The breeding oath

I will not breed for breeding's sake: I will breed because I want the result of that breeding or know that there are people who want it.

I will not breed when the AP is full and I can't keep the result of the breeding.

I will not contribute to an existing wall: I will breed those those commons that aren't so abundant at the moment.

I will if at all possible breed sometime between xx.15 and xx.45.

I will not participate in massbreeds

This I swear on my true name.

I will not breed for breeding's sake: I will breed because I want the result of that breeding or know that there are people who want it.

I will not breed when the AP is full and I can't keep the result of the breeding.

I will not contribute to an existing wall: I will breed those those commons that aren't so abundant at the moment.

I will not participate in massbreeds.

I'm not allowed to swear but I sincerely promise to upload this oath for as long as I can.

I support the concept, but I do breed some of my more interesting lineages like Dorkfaces with the intention of abandoning so others can have them.

I will never breed inbreds intentionally with the intentions of abandoning without a catcher though. (but we all make mistakes at times)

I will definitely not breed anything that will create a wall. There's already enough of those.

I hereby take the Responsible Breeder's Oath.

I support most of the points, but I will most definitely participate in certain mass breedings, *cough*holidays*cough*. Although I'm sure that actually is responsible XP. Since I follow my own rules, that makes me a supporter, not an oath taker.

So uh...

I hereby abide by the following:

I will not contribute to inbred breeding unless I am willing to keep the result, or someone wants the produced inbred.

I will mass breed holidays during holidays. I will not mass breed something that's already clogging the AP.

I will breed responsibly, through my own judgment and rules. smile.gif

Edited by AlternateMew

I will not contribute to an existing wall: I will breed those commons that aren't so abundant at the moment.

I will not participate in mass breeds.

That said: breeding Holidays is less "participating in mass breeding", and more "breeding because you know someone wants that egg", and thus is responsible breeding afterall wink.gif

Edited by FireAngel73

I support this, but I will not take the oath.

I breed when I want, because I want to. Sometimes I just breed cause I like the pair.

Other times I just breed to breed.

But I fully support this, it's kind of awesome.

I was a little confused by some of what is in the oath.

The first point is clearly a good one. So are the second and third points, but they seem to be implied by the first point.

Of course, some of what is confusing may be due to the fact that originally breeding could result in a clutch of up to four eggs, of which one could only keep one. (Thus, of course, irresponsible breeding is much less of a problem than it used to be, even if it is still a concern.)

And the third point does stand on its own if one modifies the first point. One can't breed Gold x Gold. So one breeds Gold with a common, although one may only want one possible result of that breeding, the Gold. So one should choose a common (or uncommon) that is in at least some demand. Of course, since dragons have some tendency to be faithful to their mates, that isn't necessarily a choice when things change.

The fourth point puzzled me. But given that eggs produced from breeding may be abandoned, even if a possible result of the breeding is desired, then it makes sense that one should avoid breeding close to XX:00 and thus interfering with the main egg release for the hour.

I took the oath long ago. Its horrible how many people breed irresponsibly.

I will take the oath. One scroll is all you need!

Wrong oath, LOL.

Edited by Booo

cough fush and fortytwo on the forums.

Thanks for that autumn wall. XP

Anyway, I support the oath because I usually can't guarentee that I breed between :15 and :45. XP

Edited by tehjohnli

Can someone take me off the oath list and put me on the supporter`s list? I`m sorta afraid that I`ll accidentally break it.

But I support it. So please make me a supporter instead.

I take the oath. smile.gif

Edited by NinjaBlood