Selina_Catz

The breeding oath

I take the oath. *Inserts banner into sig*

I just saw this oath today and I'd like to take it biggrin.gif

I will not breed for breeding's sake: I will breed because I want the result of that breeding or know that there are people who want it.

I will not breed when the AP is full and I can't keep the result of the breeding.

I will not contribute to an existing wall: I will breed those those commons that aren't so abundant at the moment.

I will if at all possible breed sometime between xx.15 and xx.45.

I will not participate in massbreeds

ill take the oath....not entirely sure if i have yet but if i havent im doing it now :L

LOL with the pathetic breeding rates and the low variety of CB's dropped this is kinda worthless now.

Edited by Errant Mist

The way I understand the ratios, isn't this sort of counterproductive? If there are a bunch of the same kind, they'll either show up in the AP or in the cave, since it means the site thinks that not enough of them exist.. so, wouldn't breeding them be preferable to a bunch more showing up in the cave instead of more desired CB stuff?

I'm taking this as a good general guideline, but not as an oath - it's way too restraining.

I will if at all possible breed sometime between xx.15 and xx.45.

Can someone explain this to me, please?

I'm new and would also appreciate someone to explain the significance in breeding time (15-45).

The way I understand the ratios, isn't this sort of counterproductive?  If there are a bunch of the same kind, they'll either show up in the AP or in the cave, since it means the site thinks that not enough of them exist.. so, wouldn't breeding them be preferable to a bunch more showing up in the cave instead of more desired CB stuff?

Actually, far more people will typically find CB commons useful or desired than breds in such cases, so anyone actually looking for that type will be happy to find and adopt a CB where they'd have no use for a bred one that was bred simply to breed that sprite to dump it on the AP for someone else to deal with, rather than keeping it themselves.

I've picked up several CB Neos from the AP to keep in recent times, but have no use for breds unless under certain restricted circumstances, since I want them for a Holiday line.

It strikes me as an odd idea, breeding dragons that the breeder doesn't want and most people already have enough of, in order to reduce CBs, when the AP will plug up the Cave anyway...

Edit: hi, Septagram!

The idea of not breeding within 15 minutes of a Drop was intended to try to keep some area open at the hour for Drops to occur, during an extended time when there were frequently no Drops at all, day or night, due to AP blockage.

This was prior to TJ ensuring that we had at least 5 minutes of every hour to try for CBs in the cave, and to more recent alterations which have kept the Cave open most of the time.

I'm afraid I no longer concern myself with trying to breed away from the half-hour having the hour centred, although I do try to produce dragons that will be useful or wanted by someone if they are dropped to the AP.

Edited by Syphoneira

I would have thought the same a while ago, but lately, the AP seems a lot emptier than it has be in the past.. something was changed there, right? I think the only time I've seen it block the cave was right after the new release. It just seems to me that more variety in the cave would be more desirable than more variety in the AP.

It sounds like a good idea and the rest is well thought out, but that's one part of it I'm unsure about.

The idea of not breeding within 15 minutes of a Drop was intended to try to keep some area open at the hour for Drops to occur, during an extended time when there were frequently no Drops at all, day or night, due to AP blockage.

This was prior to TJ ensuring that we had at least 5 minutes of every hour to try for CBs in the cave, and to more recent alterations which have kept the Cave open most of the time.

Thanks, Syphoneira, that makes sense. Though I thought not breeding when AP is full pretty much addresses the same problem. I also only seen AP block the cave three or four times, however, that might be due to my timezone. When I'm awake, America sleeps. But I'll probably breed in the suggested window, whenever it make no difference for me personally.

Well, I do some of these things, like only breed with unwanted common if I'm going to keep the eggs.

But the mood might just hit me one day to massbreed one of these unwanted commons, of course, keeping every egg for myself biggrin.gif I think it will be even good for DC ecology, don't you? If they are breeding and not becoming vampire fodder, that will make them less common and in turn, more wanted.

Like, if I didn't miss the frills, I'd probably have an army now biggrin.gif

*takes oath*

I...was planning on Breeding whites, Have two caveborns one is a hatchie the other hatching currently xd.png it all depends on if Whites suddenly become the new Balloon dragons or not I breed pure and non inbred

I like the sound of this. smile.gif

Just one question for someone who is relatively new at breeding -- what is a mass breeding?

Edit: Never mind, I looked it up on the wiki.

I have now taken the oath!

Edited by Danne

I'm not sure what your quote means in the first post. You don't get multi clutches at all anymore. The only time you can is if it's a holiday breeding during the holidays.

I'm not sure what your quote means in the first post. You don't get multi clutches at all anymore. The only time you can is if it's a holiday breeding during the holidays.

This thread was made before that. I do not even know if the OP is active anymore.