Selina_Catz

The breeding oath

*COPY AND PASTE OATH*

I too will pledge this oath. user posted image

Maybe if more people did, we would be free of this current cave blight. user posted image

I support the oath, but will not be taking it. I breed all the time, generally the more popular commons, whether there is or is not a wall. I do not, however, breed the commons already clogging the wall.

My family and I are fairly new dragon owners.

I have a scroll, along with my son and daughter (we do this as a family fun time game) and we all support the oath.

I don't mind breeding requests (I have trios, splits, and geodes), and once in a blue I will drop a trio to give someone a chance to get one, but I don't breed just to drop eggs in the AP. My kids and I enjoy the challenge of getting CBs far too much. biggrin.gif

LadyEmily

KamikazeeChimp

and

CookiesDragons

I support this, though I don't want to fully take the oath, because I breed whenever I want something from the breeding, but don't pay any attention to how full the AP is, what time it is or what commons are common. I don't mass-breed and only do breed when I have a specific need for a type of dragon. (Usually story-related. xd.png) so I think this is a pretty good idea.

I support the decision users make to take this oath, but in my opinion breeding for the sake of breeding doesn't make a user irresponsible.

It's a bit harsh to call people that play the game the way they want to play it irresponsible - these are pixels we're dealing with, not actual animals. It's a game, an I think people are beginning to forget that.

I mass breed for the sake of trying to get more rares and abandon whatever resulting eggs are not what I am looking for or want. I do not wish to keep commons (with the exception of a select few whose sprites I like), however I have them because with them comes the possibility of rares I want. I breed at whatever time is convenient for me and not for other users of DC. I breed regardless of whether or not there is an egg wall because that is what I wish to do, or if it is convenient for me to do so.

As for inbreeding, once again, these are pixelated animals we are dealing with, not real creatures. Inbreeding effects only the aesthetic value of the dragon - it has never bothered me before as long as I get the egg I am wanting.

This does not make me irresponsible. It means I'm playing the game the way I wish to play it and with intent of getting the dragons I want, without having to weed through and deal with the ones I don't. Most DC users don't play the game for each other, they play for themselves. Of course, this does not mean I don't play for others - many times I breed with the intention of gifting users that are cursed with slower connections the I. However, I breed for myself more then anything.

I understand the desire to have 'responsible' breeders, but in my eyes the oath is calling people that play for themselves and not out of respect for others irresponsible and this is not the case. Many of us play and breed when it is convenient for us to do so. We don't play for the sake of others.

As I said, I respect the wishes of people that want to take this oath. I simply wanted to make it known that it may seem a bit harsh to people that recognize that this is a game meant to be played solo and not with consideration of other users (unless in regard to trades and such), and that by playing it as such we are not being 'irresponsible', we are playing as it was meant to be played.

Edited by meowyinn

*Raises Hand*

I will not breed for breeding's sake: I will breed because I want the result of that breeding or know that there are people who want it.

I will not breed when the AP is full and I can't keep the result of the breeding.

I will not contribute to an existing wall: I will breed those those commons that aren't so abundant at the moment.

I will if at all possible breed sometime between xx.15 and xx.45.

I will not participate in massbreeds

Woot biggrin.gif

Count me in, too! ^ . ^ This is my way of breeding(Well, it has been for a while, but not when i was a noob.)

The Oath:

Banners can be found here

Okay I just want something to be known:

There will be no yelling to people who don't wish to take the oath: this is a game and it is my opinion that there is more than enough yelling and drama here.

The oath is meant in a large part as a defence against those people who feel the need to start yelling about selfish and irresponsible breeders every time the AP is full or half of the eggs in the AP are the same breed.

You're a supporter if you follow the ideas almost all the time but not every time or if you follow some of them all the time.

Can I be listed a a supporter? I do try to only breed those that are rarer (if/when I breed. I don't breed much cause I tend not to be on dragon cave as much unless there is a new dragon I want).

I do try when I want something that is common at least try to find an uncommon dragon to breed it to so if one comes out I don't want I won't spam the AP with more of hte same dragon that is on there. And I've actually tried to breed some rares to put on there. My problem is for gold and silver dragons the best pair with them is a very common dragon on the AP (proabbly cause I'm not the only one who has figured that out).

Edited by tigress666

Please sign me up as a supporter.

I will try to follow the oath most of the time but I can`t be sure if sometimes there will be a situation when I can`t do that.

Hm, I agree with this, but before I take the oath, I want to make sure I'm not breaking it without realizing it.

The only dragons I am currently breeding are my water horses. They're not being bred "just because". They are part of the Faerie Lineage. I know the water horses are extremely common and not in very high demand because of that, but I love the water horses and am creating a very precise, strict lineage with my water horses.

There is absolutely no inbreeding whatsoever in this breeding project, and I only give my dragons CB partners to ensure this. This is a 100% purebred water horse lineage and all of the names follow a theme to make the lineage look even prettier.

As for being able to keep more than one egg from a successful breeding attempt if the AP isn't crowded, I wasn't aware of that. I thought you could only keep one egg, period, so thank you for that info and I'll remember that. I'm still fairly new to DC.

Anyway, yeah... so I think I'm a responsible breeder. I just wanted to make sure of it before I took the oath and put the banner in my signature.

Oh, I also "breed" my vampire, but only when someone has come to me, asking me for one. I don't have her bite any eggs if there's no one who wants it. I only have her bite CB eggs as well, to make sure the resulting vampire's lineage is clean with no inbreeding.

I'll take the oath. I don't breed often anyway, except if I'm trying to get a specific egg. smile.gif

I'll take the oath. I don't breed often anyway, except if I'm trying to get a specific egg. smile.gif

I only breed to get specific eggs and always keep the results of my breeding, even if it is not what I tried to get.

I take the oath. smile.gif