Selina_Catz

The breeding oath

You're a supporter if you follow the ideas almost all the time but not every time or if you follow some of them all the time.

oh second thought, i'm more of a supporter - sometimes i just end up breeding when i tell myself "it's breeding time" and i dont' look at the clock. i do keep the products of my breedings 95% of the time.

so i guess this makes me a supporter. smile.gif

I'm a supporter; I follow some of the ideas all the time. The exceptions are that I breed sometimes just to see if a pair is compatible, but I always try to find the egg a good home if one is produced. I also try for metallics fairly often, but I try to breed them with commons that are more sought after (such as blacks and vines). Other than that, though, I do my best to follow the oath. smile.gif

Sometimes I breed eggs I don't need to check to see if I can breed to keep an egg I DO need. But even so, I still try to breed popular eggs.

Like this time, I bred to check if I had room for a different breeding, but I bred a Silver and a WaterWalker. Turned out I DIDN'T have room, but the WaterWalker I turned out will be welcomed on the AP.

*takes oath*

I do this anyway - I hate letting my babies go no matter how common they unless someone actually says they want the egg. I'm always so scared someone would just grab it off the AP and it would die. sad.gif

So, yes I'm a responsible breeder!

I agree with these guidelines. You should maybe add something in that oath about checking lineage of both dragons to make sure you're no about to inbreed...just a thought though^^

Anyway Ill take the oath!

I support wholeheartedly, although I'm not the best at following this. I generally only breed semi-uncommon dragons, though, so the eggs I abandon (because the striped/dorsal dragon didn't come out the right color, for instance) are generally snapped up fairly quickly.

-takes the oath-

Another note should be to not condone in inbreeding. I'm currently going through my scroll and releasing any dragons with inbreeding in their lineage.

-takes the oath-

Another note should be to not condone in inbreeding. I'm currently going through my scroll and releasing any dragons with inbreeding in their lineage.

Except that's a touchy subject, as not all players are against inbreeding or believe there's anything wrong with breeding "related" pixels. I think this falls into points already touched upon here; many players don't want inbred dragons, so breeding them can count as adding unwanted eggs to the AP.

Personally, I don't breed interbred dragons anymore, but as of right now I'm still keeping them on my scroll.

I support these thoughts... even though I have broken some in the past. tongue.gif I think I will choose to be a supporter. smile.gif