Torakusu

Badly Named Dragons: Part Deux

One of my Vampires is related to Blog Post With The Vampire. LOL.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

I have a Vamp whose parents are And Stay True and In The Face, so I chose Not At Face Value, which was a shock for me to get that name.

I have a balloon named Anti-Lock Brakes. (Too much caffeine meets too much Top Gear. tongue.gif )

Lol! Those are the SAME reasons I have a female Nebula named Flappy Paddle Gear Box and one named Goes Like Stink.

ETA four days later: YAYNESS! I've completed my John Hartford's Category Stomp!! 36 Spitfires and Dorsals recite the lyrics and 2 Whiptails do the introductions. I snagged them all from the AP and 99% of them were CB AP cloggers. Check it out - it'll make you smile tongue.gif

Edited by oddsoxdi

Named most of my Swallowtails after feats of aerobatics, like Barrel Roll and Chandelle and the like.

My newest PB Nebula hatchie whispered its name to me - world, meet LMFAO Schwartz! tongue.gif

This could have gone in the Naming, after parents thread, but... blink.gif ...content makes me think it belongs here.

The name says it all...

I found an egg I bred while looking through my dragons that someone else picked up, raised, and named...

This egg was bred on the equinox, following the same pattern of breeding I've been going with for the grandmother, Last Winter Girl (inspired by her now-unnamed mother, Last Spring Girl), and the subsequent generations. So a name could have come from there.

On the other side of the lineage, I've got another small pattern flowing: Loamcrawler to Leosscreeper, both names starting with a form of dirt, befitting a dark green, grassy dragon. Likewise, a nice source for a name.

So what did they name this offspring?

I REFUSE TO NAME U PROPERLY

blink.gif I don't know whether to laugh or be mildly insulted. huh.gif

*awkward chuckle*

Edited by Xyie

I named a frill "The Last Frillicorn" and another "One of the Last Frillicorns". Also, I have a geode called "Why Didn't You Bring Kneepads". I wish we could add question marks...

How're those for bad names? xd.png

Honestly, I like codes better, though. I don't name my dragons with cool codes 'cause it feels like ruining them.

is 'drugs' a bad word?

I know drugs means kind of addictive plants but in my country people prefer use it as a 'medicine plants'

I have a description with that word and reviewer mod approved but changed it to another word, and that doesn't kinda make sense :/

I just named my Pumpkin hatchling "Puppy Roasting on a Awkward Fire". It WOULD have been "Puppies Roasting on an Awkward Fire", but it didn't fit :<

Last year I had Itti Bitty Pumpkin Beauty for my 2nd gen pumpkin. I just named it's male offspring Jack Be Little Pumpkin. I think I'm starting a trend with this family.

A lot of my weird and silly names come from codes and parents' names, though not all.

I've got "Ding Ding We Have A Winner," "Shameless Flirt Lithos," "Off the Heezy," "Demon Barber of Dorkface Street," "Oh -- Darn," "Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra Wine," "Too Sexy For My Dorkface," "Human Beinz," "Srs Bsns," "RAEG Against the Machine," "Captain Lineface"...

My Cheeses are "The Daily Rind," "Provolone to Accidents," and "Too Gouda To Be True".

There's also "Let's Do The" and "Time Warp Again," which I'm planning to try to breed sometime...

I bred my Silver Tinsel Tell Godot I'm Waiting with Restless Lag Syndrome and got Late Again; my new little Stripe told me her name Oh Bugger! I Gots Split Ends!. An AP White with one parent named I Wanna Be Sedated ended up being named Oooo! Ooo! Sedate Me Too!; A Water hatchie called Water Is Wet (couldn't believe that wasn't taken!) and three Pumpkins Praise Gourd, Nearer My Gourd Unto Thee and Gourd's Gift To Women.

All of my dragons have strange names, but I'm especially proud/ashamed- I haven't worked out which yet- of these little beauties:

Symphony Grimore- Magi

Subconcious Devestation- Fellflame

Hellhawk Fear- Black

Destiny's Cobra- Paper

Regal Pirahna- Waverunner

Pycho Eyes Of Absolution- Flamingo

The Jewel In The Skull- Geode

Monochrome Thunder- Blue Spotty

Shrieking Contagion Of Iron- Fellflame

Mechanical Kracken- Mint

Fallen Parasite of Orpheus- Purple

and, finally...

Seven Nation Army Dorkface- Black Stripe

But what's with dragon names that have Xx xX in them?   dry.gif

I think that's just like adding two hyphens on the end, or double spaces. So you can name a dragon something that's already been taken.

Oh and also, check out this lineage. The names in it made me laugh.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

Oh Oh My Gosh Gosh (Silver Tinsel with the code ooMgg)

Dill Pickle (Canopy)

Ten O' Clock At Night (Vine, guess when I named her? xd.png )

I also have Birthday Surprise Winterstern, my first tinsel, Bronze, who I got on my birthday. I had to add the Winterstern because of the lineage.

Three new Sunrise hatchies, Who Gets Up This Early?, Someone Murder That Alarm Clock, and Dawn Don't Show Me Your Crack; two Ridgewings, Pi R Squared, and Pie Are Round What's Widyu? These last two will be mated.

Badly named dragons? I'll have to nominate my first vampire dragon:

Im not a Cullen

The mother of my silver tinsel has a rather silly name RAEG QUIT and the father Misgender.

I'm not too sure what to name the egg but I want it to match it's mother's name some how XD