Torakusu

Badly Named Dragons: Part Deux

Surely this one has been named before.

A vine named Mouse's Big Boogerhead.

Sounds like the owner is 7. >.>

I think a few of mine belong to this list...

My mint dragon: Mint D'Chocolate (Say it fast, it's minty chocolate.)

My fog dragon: Trouble S'ome = troublesome (Well named if you have ever been deep in fog.)

My nocturne dragon I had not really thought of the double meaning of his name until later: Stoned D'Night...*sighs* yeah...

A few of my dragons' children are seriously badly named. I don't mind most nonsensical names, but the all-caps ones do irritate me a bit (especially when the scroll isn't visible so I can't see if they're at least doing something funny with them).

For example:

YELLOW MAMBA

WANT YO BAD ROMANCE

Y DID U OVERCOOK THE STEAK (okay, fine, that one's a little amusing as it's a red)

or my ultimate unfavorite:

Snoowwcoonee

>.<

People name their Dragons Dorkface because of the lineage. It is quite famous now. But it gets so tiring and I find it slightly offensive when people give such stupid names to their lovely golds, which, us other players will never get. Seriously, Dorkface? If you don't like the sprite then don't name it something stupid. It's simple. I wonder if the first person with a Dorkface knew that a whole lineage was coming... (End vent)

I have a black dragon named NANANANANANANANANANA BATMAN. All in caps like that. x.D

Named my black female Princess of the Nigt I was supposed to name her Princess of the Night, but well I forgot the h xP

And I have named my purple Dorsal High Heels (female) I dont even remember why I named her so.

Oh and theres also this female Winter that Im gonna release (very long & inbred lineage) and her name is Thats not my Name

Then theres my splits Albus and Teddy (male) and Violet and Lily (female). Notice most of the split names are from HP.

And then I accidentally put Dusk into one of my dragons name even tho he isnt a Dusk (in lineage)

And my first dragons name is Summer Sprint, hes a Green/earth dragon, Ive got no idea why I named him like that. :I

But well, thats all. I guess...

I have a long list that would fall for this thread.

I Love A Thuwed, FEATHERS IN YOUR FRUITCAKE, OH NO NOT THE FEATHERS, Insert A Epic Name Here, Vampire Egg Factory, On Stripezen, Wing Bottomis, Global Warming, Global Incubation, Kiss Me I Taste Like, COW PATTIES, Pop Meh Childen, Puff the Not So Magical Dragon, Puff the Very Magical Dragon, I Wanna Block The AP, You Cant Because You Be Uncommon, Kick Ban Bat, Dar BIRD Is Dar WORD, They TOOKED Nothing I Think, I Am A Mint And I Am Sure Of It, I Think Imma Girl, I AM STRIPED DEAL WITH IT, Something Something Dorkface, and Cute But Edible.

Some of those sames are TERRIBLE. Some you just have to use the view link to get. Others are just plain there. And then there are the ones that I made up when I was on a sugar high or something. blink.gif

There are definitely (with an I, not an A) more. I would probably fill up a good post if I were to list all of those badly named dragons of mine. But. Hey. Here are those epic names for people to look at when they are not looking at my scroll. I wish I had DianaCat's scroll though... THOSE are some epic names now.

here is a list of my eccentricly named dragons.

Cuter Without Mohawk (only time I like these)

Something Really Funny (brain-locked and in need of a funny name)

Guy in a White Labcoat (Maximum Ride reference)

Socks of Green (bored and random)

Shoes of Blue (To go with socks)

Indium Cesium Dorkface (I really don't know)

I have a male vampire with the code p0rm so he is aptly named "Nearly Naughty"

I bet he would get along great with my female frill that has the actual P word as her code. Her name is "I Only Read it for the Articles."

Daddy Scares Me 8c ...well, can you blame the poor girl?

hmm...

Quite Literally Frozen (a frozen winter hatchie)

Obligatory Frozen Black (frozen black hatchie)

iCarly dot com

I was supposed to be born a girl

I was born a unicorn

But aren't we all

XS french fries (frozen pygmy)

I bet he would get along great with my female frill that has the actual P word as her code. Her name is "I Only Read it for the Articles."

XD She'd get along great with my green fella, too. He'd got the P-word as his code as well. The name? "The Internet Is For" ^-^

My frilled was named InternetChomper because her code was 'i6ah'.

People name their Dragons Dorkface because of the lineage. It is quite famous now. But it gets so tiring and I find it slightly offensive when people give such stupid names to their lovely golds, which, us other players will never get. Seriously, Dorkface? If you don't like the sprite then don't name it something stupid. It's simple. I wonder if the first person with a Dorkface knew that a whole lineage was coming... (End vent)

The name Dorkface has a story behind it, so don't bash unless you learn where it came from first. You having or not having a Gold is not a concern for people who do - everyone's entitled to name their dragon whatever they want, and they don't need your advise. "If you don't like the sprite then don't name it something stupid"? Who made you the Dragon-Name Police? The only result of this kind of venting is putting off some potential gifters, in my opinion.

Ok, that said...I have already posted my own Dragons with funny names. My brother (Gamblor-kitteh) has a mainly Vine scroll, and has a few wacky names on it:

Wine-Vine

Red-Vine

White-Vine

Vines'n'Spirix

Tangled de la Vine

Bloomin Dorkface

Lotsa Vine Dorkface

and so on! cool.gif

Oh yeah, and I have a AUTUMN Dragon named "Springlad" (Spring Lad)! wacko.gif Got my seasons and dragons mixed! tongue.gif

Edited by lanette

I named my cheese dragon "It's Not Love It's Strangulation" after a in joke with my friend. We would start with the phrase 'It's not love it's . . .' and say something random like 'pickles' or something, that one just stuck tongue.gif

Edited by Trial

Little Cheesemonger

Chedd Tillamook

DrLimburger

Asiago Amigo

Scrumptious Curds

my five cheeselings. I guess they would fall under bad names ._.