rainface

Hatchlings

Zeditha's head rose as she coughed and blinked the dust from her eyes. "Where...where am I?" she asked the dragons around her, some of which she recognized.

"You're home, at last." answered Crusher, walking up to her. "And you've clearly indicated that we're no longer welcome here. So unless you offer an explanation then it looks like you aren't going anywhere."

Zeditha gave him a perplexed look and then–feeling something heavy on her wing–turned to see the boulder pinning it down. "What is the meaning of this!?" she asked angrily and gave a few hard tugs but it was no use, her wing wouldn't budge.

((Hoping someone else will chime in now.))

Edited by Booo

Echo cocked his head. "Yeah, know how that is..." He muttered, staying as far as he could from the Nhiostrife. Suddenly he felt left out and awkward. This dragon hadn't betrayed him, and he didn't know the group's past with her, so he didn't really know what to say or do. Hoping that they'd inadvertently explain the situation, he sat at the cliff's edge, sitting across of the space between the Nhiostrife and Crusher. If he needed to, he could shoot a rock between them as a shield of sorts, if the situation called for it. Slowly he drew a good-sized stone to him, in case he chose to protect (or block) Crusher.

(Can I join? I do roleplays on WoF wiki and this seems really cool! BTW, just send me the code because I'm too lazy. xd.pnglaugh.gif )

(Can I join? I do roleplays on WoF wiki and this seems really cool! BTW, just send me the code because I'm too lazy. xd.pnglaugh.gif )

((I don't even know what you're asking like

The character sheet?? That's all I can think of that you'd be asking for but))

Sky Shiner's lips twitched at the words that the downed Nhiostrife spoke. They were so infuriating to the point that it was almost funny. His expression remained as cool as it almost always was but as he slithered up steadily next to Crusher, his wings were quivering slightly.

"You don't get to play dumb after attacking Artemis like that," he said in what he thought was an even voice. Though he could be wrong as the tone that he used was on the verge of hissing. His webbed ears pressed flat against his head, Sky narrowed his eyes at Zeditha.

"Now why don't you start explaining why you did such a thing?" As sudden as it had come, the furious undertone in his voice had vanished, leaving only a calm, collected icy edge to it.

He really wasn't sure why he was so worked up about her betraying them. Of course, her attacking one of them had played a significant role in that but there was something else. Despite having already deemed her betrayal as a possibility, perhaps there was a small part of him that was disappointed that something like this would happen. He was the one who had met her first in the woods, after all, and had brought her out from the shadows to introduce her to the others. She was the one who had calmed him down after the whole fiasco with him attempting to fly when he wasn't supposed to.

Then again, that was all in the past. Times had and would forever change. If she had indeed chosen to side with...other dragons, then so be it. Even if she hadn't, there was still the matter of her assault on Artemis. Sky's tail twitched and he hardened his heart as he waited for her answer.

((Chilicpepper, I don't know if we can accept more players right now. We have 2 other people wanting to join and it's taking longer than if should.))

Zeditha was getting frustrated now and squinted back at Sky like she was going to retaliate. "Now listen here..." she began and tried to stand up, but her legs gave out. It appeared that her injuries combined with Artemis's medicine were making her weak and tired. Zeditha shook her head in an attempt to rid herself of the drowsiness that washed over her and refocus. "I really have no clue what you're talking about, and I don't even know who Artemis is."

Zeditha looked around at the crowd.

"Can someone please tell me what's going on!?"

Crusher glanced over at Artemis, hoping she could explain if this was a side-effect of the medicine, but she just shrugged back at him. So if Artemis didn't know what had caused Zeditha's memory loss then was Zeditha really playing dumb or was there something else going on?

"Let's start at the beginning... About a year ago, you left with Torque to find two of our friends who went missing. Torque said that when the two of you found them, a Vampire appeared and trapped Torque under a tree..." recalled Crusher. "He also said that you seemed agitated and that you lit the ground on fire when he asked for help." Zeditha looked away while she racked her brain for any traces of memories from that night. After a brief moment of silence, her eyes widened. "I remember Torque... and who I think might be a Vampire..." she said, her feisty demeanor extinguished. She looked down at her claws, they were charred and scratched badly. "It was dark, wasn't it? Cause sometimes the dark makes me a little crazy. I don't know what happened after that, but I remember waking up in a cave with him, the fanged one. He said that I went insane and that he saved me, said he would protect me, and he did at first." Zeditha then went quiet and stared at the ground, looking ashamed.

Edited by Booo

Cetn thumped his tail on the ground, watching the spring grass grow before yawning and rolling over in the sun.

" I miss the snow... " He mused, gazing up at the bright sky. The snow had already left a long time ago, yet Cetn could still see himself rolling around in it, piling it up in large drifts to plow through. He longed for its return already, and yet it had just melted...

Cetn rolled over and blinked the bright sunlight from his eyes, staring through a break in the coniferous trees. Out in the distance, but not too far away, a high peak rose. It was white, like snow. Cetn could only imagine that there was snow on it, but he didn't know for sure... he still couldn't decide if he wanted to go explore it or not. The forest was his home, as far as he cared. Why would he bother with a mountain, even if it was covered in snow? And what if it wasn't snow that he was seeing?

Cetn huffed, pausing to scratch at his bright red flank.

" Too much sun.." He muttered, getting up and starting to return to the burrow he called home. Not that it was particularly nice; the earthy smell clogged up his senses, and he was growing far too large for what little space it had. Plus, bugs kept bothering him during the day, climbing in between his scales and nipping at any breaks in them...

At the thought of another earthworm tickling his nose, Cetn stopped and wrinkled his muzzle, looking back toward the mountain. It was the middle of the day, and he was growing uncomfortably warm. He could nap in the shade of a tree, but he already did that. Twice. And that stupid burrow still wasn't appealing!

Maybe... what if there was a cave out there? A nice, stony cave. He daydreamed. No earthworms, plenty of space, nice and dark... I could have my own ledge, watching the entrance, have a few tricklers running through... Yeah...

If the thought was of food Cetn would be salivating. He walked up to a tree and started rubbing his horns against it, contemplating. He could go to the mountain, and if there was a cave, he could move in. If there wasn't one, he would have wasted time and energy wandering to a giant mound of rock for no reason. Or, he could stay in the forest and keep staring at the mountain, dealing with an inadequate winter season and sleeping in a dirt hole, going nowhere with the decision.

Go nowhere? Or go nowhere?

After scraping off a healthy amount of bark from the tree, Cetn finally made up his mind. He would journey to the mountain; hopefully, if he could push past his lethargy and have a healthy pace, he could make it there before sundown. Then he could take a nice, long nap until sundown, and start exploring after dusk.

Yeah... that works!

Only hesitating to think about the place he was leaving, the young Bleeding Moon began a brisk trot through the forest, heading for the distant peak and dreaming of wonderful caves with an extreme lack of earthworms. Oh, and maybe a brook or two as well.

Irah leaned closer to Sky and whispered, "Do you think that's why Torque left?" A year later and the Whiptail's departure was still fresh in her mind. He seemed angry the morning after the fire broke out and said that he didn't want to wait around for Zeditha's return.

Crusher wanted to pity her, he really did, but there was still the possibility that was she lying through her teeth. "Do you remember what he protected you from?" he asked.

Zeditha thought for a moment before talking again. "He claimed to be sheltering me from the evil that's been spreading, but I began to suspect that he was that evil. He got mad if I questioned him, said I was selfish and threatened to make me his 'puppet' if I disobeyed. Needless to say, I tried to escape but he caught me. I don't remember anything after that."

Crusher sighed. "Alright, you've given me a lot to think about, and I trust you're not going pick a fight with anyone in your current state. Echo, could you come over and help me move this boulder?"

Crusher could move it on his own, but the extra strength would make it a whole lot easier. He placed a claw on its smooth surface and Artemis moved away from Zeditha in the opposite direction just to be safe.

((Sky or Mihari will meet their end if their muns don't post soon.))

Edited by Booo

"It seems to be the most likely reason," Sky whispered back, his cold gaze never leaving Zeditha. So she had amnesia, apparently. The Skywing wasn't sure if he should believe her or not. Her explanation was plausible but it wasn't enough for him. And it still didn't explain why she had attacked Artemis. Was it mind control? One of Evil Crusher's schemes? Eager as he was to know the truth, Sky figured that it probably wasn't the best time to pressurise the Nhiostrife. If she really was telling the truth, then it wouldn't help matters at all. If she wasn't...well, Sky would just keep an eye on her should that be the case.

He lifted his gaze from Zeditha, casting weary eyes on Echo, who merely sat by the sidelines and watched. Noticing a decently-sized rock nearby the Guardian, Sky recalled him mentioning something about rocks tending to listen to him. From that, Sky had deduced that his magic was based around stones and the like. He didn't know how it actually worked though. Deciding to ask him, he made to slither towards him but aborted the action when Crusher called for Echo's help with moving the boulder. Suppressing a sigh, he slithered out of the way instead, moving beside Irah.

It was then his stomach decided to remind him how he had neglected the poor organ since he had woken up. It didn't rumble but it did give off a cramped feeling that was the universal language of "oh no I'm hungry". This time, he did sigh and he turned to Irah, his frosty expression melting away with a neutral one replacing it.

"I'm hungry."

<OOC: Sorry if Sky sounds strange in some parts or anything, my brain isn't working tonight. ninja.gif >

Echo stretched, rolling his shoulders. The Nhiostrife's story made sense, but there were some holes that bothered him. He also couldn't believe anyone could think that such a sinister, infamous being was trying to help them, though he gave her the benefit of the doubt due to her claimed amnesia.

"Nah, I think I'll stay here," he replied, rolling his shoulders again, "But I can get that off anyway." Slowly the boulder began to gravitate off the dragon and floated towards him, as easily as if he were holding it in his own claws. He could care less about showcasing his powers. While the Magi was most likely many, many years older than he, Echo had been a warrior his entire life and felt secure in his abilities. Plus, the Magi didn't seem like the one he had to look out for, the Skywing was the one that seemed like he'd do something.

He felt the drop in his strength as the boulder landed in front of him, and he leaned on it for support. The boulder really was heavy.

"Then let's go get something to eat and prepare to leave. We were told to go inside anyway." Irah said quietly. She was also beginning to feel hunger pangs, but her mind was more focused on where she was going to hide the jewel next. She didn't even notice that Echo was able to lift the boulder a few inches off the ground without touching it.

Crusher pulled back when Echo lifted it off the ground with his geokinetic power and pulled it towards himself before dropping it. "Um...thanks." said Crusher, somewhat baffled by what he just witnessed. Having that kind of psychic power was unusual for a Guardian....or was it? An image flashed in his mind of another Guardian he once knew where the stones on the ground vibrated in his presence. What was his name again?

"Say, Echo...Have you ever met another Guardian who can do that?" he asked.

((Might add more to this later if no one replies soon. I'm kind of in a rush.))

Edited by Booo

Sky hummed in agreement but just as Irah finished speaking, Echo proceeded to levitate the boulder pinning down Zeditha and set it down near him without even touching it, seemingly without effort. His eyes widened a fraction at the sight before his hunger got the better of him, forcing him to dismiss the matter to the back of his mind. Crusher was there, he would deal with it. Turning his head, he slithered back into the cave without a word, heading straight for the pile of prey, some fresh and and others beginning to rot. Quietly, he bent down his head and snapped his jaws around a vole, making quick work of the small rodent. Lifting his eyes, he glanced at Irah before returning his attention to the pile.

"What are you plotting?" His tone was light and there was a slight teasing lilt to his voice as he picked out another small rodent. Irah had seemed distracted - she hadn't even commented when that Echo Silver had easily lifted the boulder earlier. It had intrigued him enough that he was curious to know what she was pondering about.

Echo sighed. The drop in his strength had been expected, but he didn't think it'd be by that much. Had it really been that long since he had moved stones of that size?

"Heh, no problem," he said, straightening. He felt a little more sure of himself and got up, padding away from the rock. "Uh, I'm not sure... I really don't like to think about my life before... Nevermind. Probably. I know I was taught by someone, but I'm not sure if my mentor was a Guardian or no, and I'm not going to look." He shuddered, thinking of- no. No, no no no. He shook his head. He wasn't going to let himself look and experience all the pain again. He wasn't ready to see them die again.

Edited by MyaMouse

Echo's response suggested that his mind may be troubled and Crusher didn't want to deal with another lunatic, but Echo seemed noble and didn't appear to be a real threat. That combined with what he had just demonstrated meant that Crusher was going to give him a chance. "Alright, don't hurt yourself. I guess I was overly hopeful." said Crusher, sounding a bit disappointed. He looked over at Zeditha who appeared to care more about sleeping rather than being freed. "I'm sorry you had to witness this, Echo. She returned to us today after going missing, but her intentions were to deliver a message and attack my friend so I wanted to find out what motivated her." he explained.

Artemis nodded and spun around to show the scratches on her backside to prove it.

~~~

Irah followed Sky inside and began to munch on a trout beside him. He probably knew her so well that he could tell when there was some serious planning going on and she giggled when he called her out on it.

"Oh, well I was just thinking about how I could hide the jewel in dad's stuff, so he'll be carrying it without knowing."

Crusher was probably going to take some of his books with him as the clan headed south and she could sneak their treasure into his bag before they left. She would tell Crusher about it eventually, but for now, Irah thought it would be fun to see how long the two of them could keep it hidden and wanted to see whether or not Crusher would find it.

Edited by Booo

Echo nodded, relieved. He had been a bit worried that he would be forced to remember, but Crusher seemed like a good guy, unlike his namesake- or was he Evil Crusher's namesake?- and Echo was grateful. "I am curious, though, as to why you ask. You don't have to answer. I'm just interested..."

"Wow, really? That's horrible. It's suprising, when it's someone you trust, huh?" He commented, "Did you get your answer?" He didn't have trouble believing that the dragon had backstabbed them. A group like them had to have some traitors. Any group always had someone who tried to bring about it's downfall.

((Sorry for the terrible quality I have no idea what to do))

The trip to the mountain was surprisingly leisurely; or perhaps it was the lack of sleep that did that. Cetn suspected being followed once or twice, but nothing ever bothered him so he pushed it to the back of his groggy mind. The air seemed to grow crisper as he ascended the mountain's foothills, and the trees grew farther out and allowed more sun to beat down around him.

The grass turned to dirt, and the dirt turned to gravel, and the gravel grew into boulders. The sun began to lower in the sky, only reminding Cetn of how long it has been since he properly slept.

Well, with any luck, his dream cave was out here somewhere.

Cetn found himself growing drowsier and drowsier, dragging his paws and tripping over rocky outcroppings. He considered flying once or twice, but the thought of even spreading his wings made him even more tired! His hike up the mountain did reveal thinner, colder air though, which perked him up just enough to go the extra...

Three feet. A cave!!

Revitalized at the sight of a glorious, yawning opening in the mountainside, Cetn scrambled up the boulders, intent on getting inside that cave. As he perched up on a large cropping to jump to the cave's ledge, however, he suddenly stopped.

Voices... in his head. Only when he neared large, scaly creatures like himself did he hear them.

Aw no! He immediately thought. Cave's taken...

Just before he climbed down though, he heard a few interesting words:

"... witness this, Echo. She returned to us today after going missing, but her intentions were to deliver a message and attack my friend so I wanted to find out what motivated her."

Attack? Cetn wondered, poised to jump off but not moving an inch.

" Wow, really? That's horrible. It's surprising, when it's someone you trust, huh?" Another voice. " Did you get your answer?"

Answer? Cetn was now very curious. What were they talking about? Who's attacking who?

With his brain working off of only a few hours of sleep, Cetn began to wonder if he could stay in the cave for the rest of the day. Would the other dragons mind? He could give it a shot. He could ask about what they were discussing too; maybe it was something cool!

Or maybe they wouldn't like him suddenly barging in, and would drive him away...

Cetn was tempted to rub his horns against something, but the scraping sound would be too loud, so he just made a quick decision. Re-positioning himself on the outcropping, he leaped to the cave's ledge; he wasn't in front of its opening, just out to its side where there was enough room to stretch out, so he was sorely tempted to eavesdrop some more. Instead though, he simply curled up in the corner out of sight and hoped the dragons wouldn't mind him sleeping there.

Now, he really needed some sleep, before he started seeing ferrets again like last time...

The corner of Sky's mouth tilted upwards at Irah's scheming. He chewed on the last few morsels of his meal before swallowing, licking his chops.

"How elfish of you," he said. He straightened himself, turning to look at Irah with that little smirk of his. There was no harm in humouring her with this, he had decided.

"How long do you plan on keeping this hush-hush? Until he finds it out himself?" asked Sky.

"I think so. I suspected that she might have been sent by someone, and that certainly seems to be the case." replied Crusher. It seemed obvious who that 'someone' was, but Crusher had his doubts. Was Zeditha crazy enough to take orders from him, or even possessed somehow? If it was the latter, the fact that his counterpart could do that was news to him. He didn't even seem like the type to bother with having minions, but then again, he may very well see the value and entertainment in using them as pawns. "But whether that's true or not isn't important right now. I've decided that this place is no longer safe, and we'll be leaving here as soon as we can. You can join us if you'd like, but our destination is very far away." warned Crusher. "To answer your last question, I asked because I once knew a Guardian who had geokinesis. I'll share the details once we're on our way."

Crusher thought he heard something leap in the bushes, but it was probably just a forest critter so he ignored it.

~~~

"Right. Or until we've settled in the desert." said Irah, knowing she probably couldn't keep it a secret for too long. She smiled and took another bite of the trout before saying "Wait here." with a full mouth and ran off to fetch the jewel.

Quinn appeared to be sleeping a few metres away from them, but she had been secretly listening in on their conversation. She now had her eyes open and watched Irah to see where she was going.

((Of course I don't want to completely ignore Cetn, but I don't know what else to add at the moment.))

Edited by Booo

Within the eggshell, "ahh.....Ahhh.....AHHH......ACHOO!!" a distance away a tree that was in front of the path of Liger's egg say 5 feet Near the base of the stump the tree bark catch's aflame and there is loud creaking as smoke rises, and the tree starts to move. It fell in the direction of the mother bear but misses her a few feet However she still screamed in surprise, and moved back towards her cubs and the egg quickly. Watching with absolute shock as the tree crashes onto the somewhat sandy beach and dirt trail. The mother bear quickly gathered her cubs and moved out. Then Liger's father was flying overhead looking for him. He spotted the egg and came down to get Liger, but was confronted. A dragon with a white spine and a skull on his head came out and confronted hm." "What do you think you are doing here?!" "I came here to look for my son!" "Yeah!, Right!" Both stared off at each other neither wanting to make the first move. Eventually, Liger's father had made the first move. He lunged out at Evil Crusher and slashed with his spiky tail doing a round house. Evil Crusher dodged the attack then lunged, biting on the father 's left flank leaving huge gouges in his side which left Liger's father grieving in pain as he stumbled and bled as he staggered to his area a bit of a distance away. Evil Crusher decided he had enough he didn't have time to play around he was going to finish off this invader. He goes to pin him, struggling Liger's father tries to fight back doing one last massive flame which struck the already lit trunk and went limp. Evil Crusher snapped the father's neck then pushing the body in the river watched it float down the river, then left via the way he had come in.

Edited by Captain_Gunzou

(('It falls' 'quickly gathers' that's present-tense, we rp in past tense- 'it fell' 'quickly gathered'. Also, out of character (ooc) chat is usually in brackets or double parentheses.))

(('It falls' 'quickly gathers' that's present-tense, we rp in past tense- 'it fell' 'quickly gathered'. Also, out of character (ooc) chat is usually in brackets or double parentheses.))

((Edited))