rainface

Hatchlings

Kit's mouth gaped open slightly when she saw the beautiful purple frill running down the White hatchling's back. "Wow," she whispered, "that's so pretty...Are you...part Silver, like Miss Shiel?"

"I don't know" Jai replied quietly, "can I come in?" she asked

"Umm, sure...My name is Kit, by the way, and this is Faeyth," she said very softly, moving her head towards Faeyth.

"thanks, by the way my name is Jai" she curled up on some of the grass on her own

((Not really sure what to say here, dear. =P ))

"Um..., "Kit began, then became shy. "Umm...do you belong to our clan? What are you doing here? Where did you come from? I don't remember seeing another White egg here in the Caves..."

"I was in some bushes, a big dragon brought me back here" jai replied nervously

"A big dragon?" Kit repeated. She looked more closely at the stranger, Jai. "You're covered in mud," she stated, immediately feeling a little sorry for the other White. "Please, you're welcome to sleep here as long as you'd like..."

"I got caught in the rain..." Jai replied "thank you"

Cark was fast asleep in his den. It had been a long day. He just wanted to rest a little. Get away from everyone and everything for one second.

"Of course", she replied softly, then laid her head back down. She was starting to get tired again, since Faeyth's warmth was so comforting. "I'm gonna go back to sleep..."

With that, she feel back into a deep slumber that only babies truly know.

((I think I'm done for the night. Too tired to think too much...'Night, all.))

Jai soon followed her off to sleep, that same deep sleep...

((same i'm off for the night))

Philomena watched everyone and everything , especially the other adult dragon who thought that it's hiding from her . She stretched and went for a flight , not really observing Tempest and Avani , then she went in search of Cark's den , finding it after 30 minutes . She landed and measured the dragon . It was bigger than an ordinary winter dragon , but smaller than her . She looked at the huge scar from his wing and then she took off again , starting to guard the clan .

Edited by Toneto

(Ello! Can't stay for long, but I have a few scenes to do. ^^)

Melek sat back, panting hard. It had been hard, so so hard, but she had done it. She had carved out a den for herself. It was small and not so pretty, but that could be fixed later. Right now, she just wanted to relax and sleep.

"Hello, there," a voice said behind her; an unfamiliar voice. Melek screamed.

~

Tempest stiffened, her head turning sharply. "Melek!" Avani whispered, and turned, running back up the slope. She was surprised to find Tempest at her shoulder, then beside her, and then in front of her, as Tempest raced to fight the danger.

~

"Ssh! Don't scream!" the voice said. Melek turned. A handsome young autumn hatchling was watching her. He smiled. "Hello, there," he said. "I didn't mean to frighten you." He bowed. "I am Hazan. Who are you?"

"M...Melek," Melek stammered. Oddly enough, Hazan didn't frighten her. He wasn't like Tempest; he seemed calm, courteous. A gentleman.

Tempest lunged forward, making it into camp, Avani on her heels. "Who are you?" Tempest snarled, lightning curling around her body. Melek backed away. Hazan stood up.

"I am Hazan," he said, and bowed to Tempest as well.

"Get away from Melek," Tempest hissed. "Get out. Now."

"But," Melek started to cry, but Tempest silenced her with a look. Tempest returned her gaze to Hazan. There was a strangely sly gleam in her eyes. "Now," she repeated. Hazan glanced at Melek, and then bowed.

"As you wish," he said quietly. He turned, smiled at Melek, and then headed down the hill slope. Tempest watched him, and then turned to Melek. "Melek, I don't want you consorting with him," she said loudly. "He is not of our Clan."

~

Hazan turned his head slightly, catching Tempest's words. He let out a hiss through his teeth. She was a sly one, alright. She knew that he liked Melek, a bit, and she was going to use that to force him to join the Clan or whatever...so he would be under her thumb. Hazan let out a hiss.

~

Tempest smirked to herself. He will be back, she thought. They always are.

(Is it alright to double post if our posts get really big like this? Because I still have more to do, I just like breaking it up into slightly more readable quantities....)

(I will just double-post. If told otherwise, I can delete the other posts later, and copy all of the text into my first post.)

Melek stared after Hazan. "Y...you!" she shouted at Tempest, angry tears pricking her eyes. She turned and ran, heading farther up the hill.

"I will go after her," Avani sighed quietly. Tempest laughed.

"You do that," she said, as the lightning died on her scales. Tempest turned, and watched the slope down to the forest. Waiting.

~

"Melek," Avani called, coming up to the top of the hill. Melek was crying.

"He was really nice, and I wasn't scared of him like I always am of people! And Tempest chased him away! He probably won't ever come back and I will be lonely while you and her go out into the forest and leave me....I hate her! She's so...heartless!"

"She isn't heartless," Avani said quietly. "She is just...diffrent from most. She takes things differently."

"How would you know?" Melek asked, not looking at Avani. Avani laughed quietly.

"You really want to know? Before we found you, it was just me and Tempest. We were like family...sort of. She acted just like she does now, so it was more like we were fourth cousins twice removed or something like that. She already had good control of her powers, even then, while I still struggled a bit with mine. We walked the forest together, trying to find a home.

"As I am sure you know, other things live in the forest. Dangerous things. Have you ever seen a wolf, Melek? Huge creatures with giant fangs and snarls...and what is worse, they travel in packs. Tempest and I had been sleeping, under a tree, when we heard the growls. We woke up, to see wolves circling us. They hadn't seen things like us before, but we were small, vulnerable...that was enough for them.

"Tempest whispered at me to run. We would both run, in opposite directions; they wouldn't know which one to go after. I nodded; it seemed good enough in theory. She yelled 'Run!' and we both took off."

Avani looked up at the sky. "They caught me.

"A big one had me by the neck. It was shaking me around so hard, I thought I would snap. I couldn't breathe. You see these?" Avani pointed to the back of her neck; faint scars were there. "That was from him."

"Tempest told me...." Melek trailed off, and then shook her head. "Keep going."

"I thought I was a goner," Avani continued. "There weren't any rocks, and even if there were, I wouldn't know where to shoot. I couldn't see anything, everything was a blur of color....

"Tempest came back for me."

"She what?" Melek cried in surprise. Avani nodded.

"She did. The wolf shaking me stopped in surprise, at seeing the tiny thing running back. Tempest stood there, shaking with anger. Lightning rippled across her body, building and building. It was the most terrifyingly beautiful thing I have ever seen...." Avani shook her head. "It was deadly and amazing at the same time. The wolves knew what lightning was; they knew to flee. The other wolves ran off right then and there. The one that had me in its jaws didn't want to flee; it had its prize, it didn't want to run. It dropped me from its jaws, and let lose a snarl. Tempest didn't even flinch. She let out a roar, and lightning shot forth. It hit the wolf in the chest; the wolf fell to the ground with a terrible howl. It managed to stand up again, but instead of picking me up, it turned tail and ran. I saw it fleeing, and then I passed out."

Melek blinked. "And then I found you...Tempest was facing me, and she was crouched over you. I thought she was eating you at first, or something...I guess she was protecting you, then. She told me that you two had fought, to see which was stronger, and she had won, so she would leave. That was when I learned about healing...I managed to heal you."

"Saved my life," Avani said, nuzzling Melek's side. Melek smiled.

"Yeah...but then, after you woke up, you just sort of stared at Tempest with this...reverance in your eyes. Like you would follow her anywhere, no matter what. And I didn't want to be alone anymore, so I joined...."

Avani nodded. "I would follow her anywhere. She saved my life. I'm hers."

((hello rainface, if you are on, can you rp in dragonic mix 2? and here:

Name:fae

Type:mint/skywing/water

Power:mimicry(able to mimic any power)

Job:Medic assistant

Personality:secritive, caring, mystirious, very very shy

Appearance: http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p411/st...323/faedrag.jpg

Edited by princesslydia127

"See, here is what most dragons don't understand," Avani said quietly. "Tempest isn't like us. She doesn't have our kind of rules. She makes her own rules, and we follow them. But what you don't see, is her streak. She has a streak of...something in her. Loyalty, I guess, or honor. She may insult you, she may make fun of you, she may push you to the breaking point, kick you when you are down...but your enemies are her enemies. Your fights are her fights. She won't let you down, she won't back off. She will die fighting for you. When you join the Clan, you are hers for life. She won't take anything less. But, see, what you don't realize is that, she is also yours for life. She won't let you down, ever.

"She doesn't show that too often; she doesn't have to. But I have seen it, with the wolves. And that is why I follow her."

(Alright, I have to go now. Not sure when I will be back, if I am back. We have a looong way to drive. xd.png)

Edited by princessleopard

ooc;; I don't think anyone will mind.

bic;; Faeyth heard the conversation going on with the other hatchlings, but was still too tired to awaken. Finally, after quite a bit more sleep, she awakened to find a new hatchling in the den. She stood, slowly as to not wake Kit, and silently padded to the entrance to the burrow. She peered out into the rain, sighing softly. Then, she saw something. Another hatchling that looked just like her, but slightly older.

Cryptic sloshed through the mud and the rain, looking desperately for shelter. Finally he saw a burrow that someone appeared to be using as a den. He went in that direction, seeing someone in the den entrance. Could it be? "Faeyth?" he asked, astonished. Yes, she had the same rainbow eyes that he did, the same sparkling mane and tail. It was his sister.

Faeyth heard her name from the stranger, jumping in surprise. "Who are you?" she asked, puzzled.

"I'm your brother, Cryptic," he answered, smiling. "I hatched before you did, and then we got separated." He stepped into the den, shaking the rain from his mane and tail.

Faeyth stepped aside, allowing her brother to come into the burrow. He couldn't be lying. He looked exactly like her, but he was older.

Jai woke up at the sound of voices, she opened her eyes to see a pretty silver hatchling coming into the den, it was going to get crowded in here pretty quick... she sneezed twice, apparently she had a cold

Edited by jaina

((Malefor I think you know I plan to ignore you, 1. you weren't invited into this den it's Katzyn's not public and 2. you know why I won't acknowledge you in posts))

ooc;; I probably would listen to him if he attempted to make an effort or at least was polite. I don't know that he's trying at all to do either.

bic;; The silver hatchling saw Jai, nodding his head low in respect. "You are a friend of my sister, then?" he asked. "I am Cryptic, at your service."

"umm.. I don't know but Kit said I could sleep here..." Jai replied lowering her head submissively

"Well, it's nice to meet you," he answered. He looked down at his sister, smiling. "I'm going to collect some food, now that I've found this shelter. I'm already wet, anyways." He padded off into the rain, going to collect some food for everyone. Before long, he came back with berries, some twigs with leaves still attatched, and a dead mouse. He set them down at the entrance of the burrow, again shaking the water from himself.

"may I have some of the berries?" Jai asked tentatively

"Of course, the food's for everyone," he answered, smiling. Faeyth, still being young and constantly in need of food, took a twig and ate the leaves from it, then began browsing the twig itself.