rainface

Hatchlings

Cetn couldn't spot the cause of the splashing at first, though as he stepped out with Crusher and the Magi addressed the entity, he could clearly see a young Brute Dragon, probably no younger than he was. Immediately he became nervous, and felt like hiding behind Crusher with Irah.

These guys left the cave when a Brute had stormed it; who knows what this hatchling could do?!

The Brute, however, didn't seem any more confident, and sort of bent down awkwardly. " Hi." It said. Cetn swept his tail out in front of him like a shield, and gave the hatchling a quick examination before echoing: " ...Hi?" He then nudged Crusher a bit, hoping the older dragon would recognize the other hatchling, or at least know what to do.

Eternal Peace looked through the trees. The forest was verdant, but Peace mainly cared about a drink right now. Still... she looked again. Nothing really suspicious close by. She kept an eye out as she came towards where she knew the river was. Always good practice.

Ah! Now she saw it. The splashing was visible from where she stood. Wait... splashing? Either something was agitating the fish, or there was someone else here.

Voices were audible, but she couldn't hear them all that clearly. It would be best to investigate and discover their intent. Thrn she'd decide what do next.

Silvery feathers ruffling, she slipped closer. Now she saw them clearly. There was a young Brute near the river, head lowered in submission to a Bleeding Moon who was almost an adult. Well. This was certainly interesting. Neither hatchling's parents were around, curiously in the Brute's case, but perhaps to be expected in the Bleeding Moon's case. Then she noticed a Magi. An adult, a scarred adult. Yet he kind of looked to have a younger dragon's features, oddly. He didn't look likely to be either's parent.

She slipped slightly closer, positioning herself behind a gnarled tree. And she listened.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

((They're actually talking out loud since Crusher struggles with telepathy and he doesn't look very young partially due to his scars.))

Crusher was somewhat taken aback by the Brute's reaction, having expected something more sinister in nature. He cleared his throat. "I hope we're not intruding anything, we've only come to fish," he said, his eyes examining the Brute dragon. "We're also hoping to find a hatchling who wandered off. Have you seen a Guardian anywhere around here?"

Edited by Booo

Vulkoor looked up at the Magi, who seemed to come across as astonished. No, not really," the Brute said. I was trying to catch some breakfast myself. But as far as a Guardian dragon, No I haven't seen any. I haven't seen any dragons since my flock was split up, to be honest." Vulkoor said. I hate my own kind for that.... He muttered under his breath, looking off to the side. He sighed, looking back up at the Magi. Looking at the Magi's face, Vulkoor perked up with newfound happiness. His tail lifted up like a happy dog's and Vulkoor stood. Hey, you wouldn't mind if I joined you, would you?" He asked. I mean, it's not like I have anywhere to go...." Vulkoor said that last bit with a bit of sadness, but he tried to cover it up with a little bit of confidence.

"Join us? Well, I suppose that will be alright," Crusher said with some hesitation, looking at the scrapes on the Brute's legs. "We could use the extra pair of eyes to help find our friend."

Had the young Brute been older and not looked so sad, then Crusher probably would've made up some excuse for why he couldn't join. He seemed eager to make some new friends of his own and Crusher couldn't help but feel some sympathy for him.

Crusher now looked at Cetn with questioning eyes, curious to hear his thoughts.

Huh, so not even this new hatchling had seen Mihari? Did he just vanish into thin air or something?

Cetn cast a doubtful look at Crusher when the hatchling mentioned joining them; did they really need a new face around here? Could they trust the hatchling? But then Cetn began to feel hypocritical. They had accepted him into their little group, why not this dragon too? Sure, he was a Brute dragon... goodness knows how rash he's going to be... but it's not like he's any different, right?

That suddenly gave Cetn a new perspective; how close was he to a Brute dragon?!

Cetn continued giving the hatchling a wary look, before he noticed Crusher staring at him expectantly.

" O-Oh! Uhm. Yeah! Yeah, feel free!" He stammered out, inching closer to the older dragon. He hoped he didn't look too nervous, especially in front of Irah...

Vulkoor smiled. "Thank you!" He said. "My name's Vulkoorvulon, but you can call me Vulkoor or Vulon for short if you want." He said. "You said you were going fishing, right?" He said with a little tilt to his head

The dragons were talking. Eternal Peace slunk closer to listen, moving carefully. One snap of a twig, and there was a real possibility of hostility. A possibility that Peace didn't want to check.

She heard talking. It was about the Brute joining a group, and the others searching for a Guardian Dragon. The Brute's offhand comment certainly explained where his parents were... Peace ground her teeth, before stopping hwrself sharply. She must not be heard...!

And now they seemed to be fishing. Interesting. Well... - then Eternal Peace lost her balance for a moment. "Gah!" Her tail swung out, smacking a bush and causing loud rustling.

Oh darn. They'll investigate. Better get my claws out, because a fight could start.

With that, the Soulpeace tensed, readying for battle in case a fight started. No time for dreaming, no time for thinking now. She was about to find out what these dragons thought of her.

Can I join? If I can, I'm new to Dragon cave and only have some eggs right now xd.png

So I'm gonna be an egg for a while, and you guys could find me, and take care of me until I hatch or somethin'.

Username: BlaBlaDragon34

Name: ???

Type/Breed: ???(Yellow Crowned, though nobody knows yet)

Power: ???

Personality: ???

Appearance: It's a shimmery blue egg.

Age/Stage: Egg, apparently only a few days old.

History: It was left half-buried in a pile of sand on the beach.

Extra: ???

Can I join? If I can, I'm new to Dragon cave and only have some eggs right now xd.png

So I'm gonna be an egg for a while, and you guys could find me, and take care of me until I hatch or somethin'.

Username: BlaBlaDragon34

Name: ???

Type/Breed: ???(Yellow Crowned, though nobody knows yet)

Power: ???

Personality: ???

Appearance: It's a shimmery blue egg.

Age/Stage: Egg, apparently only a few days old.

History: It was left half-buried in a pile of sand on the beach.

Extra: ???

((OOC and signup in OOC thread please. Booo, apologies if I overstepped boundaries.))

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

((You should be using mun bubbles (brackets) when posting out of character here and this really isn't a place to chat. That's what the other thread is for.))

"Yes. We need to bring some fish back to our clan if you wouldn't mind helping us with that first," said Crusher. He, of course, wanted to continue looking for Mihari, but they might as well be catching some fish while they were there and it was possible that Mihari had returned to the campfire after they left.

Crusher then heard something rustle in the bushes to his far right. It wasn't a soft rustling that one would expect a small animal to make, but a sudden and loud WHOOSH! like something had cut through. Crusher immediately turned to look, but he didn't see anything moving. "Maybe we should go see what that was," he said, feeling a little paranoid. "If there's one thing you should know about me, it's that I tend to attract... unwanted company."

Edited by Booo

Vulkoor looked towards the bushes and felt his heart flutter with excitement. "What kind of unwanted attention? The annoying kind or..." Vulkoor stopped for a moment. The...uh.. big, scary kind?" He said with some uncertainty. Vulkoor wanted nothing more than to prove he was a strong dragon, maybe he did want a fight, but if it was a full grown, ravenous dragon of any kind, Vulkoor would have to admit he was just a tiny bit scared. Vulkoor shook his head and tried to cover-up his uncertainty and fear with some confidence by straitening up his posture and trying to puff out his chest. "I'm brave!" he reminded himself. "I'm a Brute dragon after all, I can take on anything"

((I'm sorry if it seems like he's having a really bad internal struggle.))

((Nah it's all good.))

Irah stayed put and listened to their conversation intently. Valkoor seemed friendly and she was curious about what he looked like from head to toe, but she didn't want to come out of hiding until Crusher gave the all clear. Maybe I'll just have a peek... she thought and carefully bent the branches in her way to get a better look. There he was, a tough looking fellow whose prominent features were his dark purple scales and a pair of big horns that curved downward. He looked a lot like the dragon that barged into their cave at Shatterpoint the day before.

"Well, you may have heard of him. He doesn't exactly play nice with others..." replied Crusher, approaching the bushes, "...but he likes to check up on me occasionally."

Crusher got close enough to look through and ducked his head. He thought he could see some white feathers. "Is someone in there?" he asked, raising his voice somewhat.

Edited by Booo

Clan. Cetn took note of the term as Crusher began talking to the Brute hatchling. That's a better word for these guys than "the group".

Cetn was still concerned about the Brute, but said nothing as Crusher's attention was diverted a nearby rustle. Cetn at first disregarded it as a rock falling - or at least, the tricklers he often came across had falling rocks - but the Magi seemed more concerned.

" Maybe we should go see what that was. If there's one thing you should know about me, it's that I tend to attract... unwanted company."

Unwanted company? Cetn thought, perking up. Did Crusher have a certain reputation? Who would go after him?

" What kind of unwanted attention? The annoying kind or... The... uh... big scary kind?" Vulkoor faltered at the end. Cetn shot him a glance, before looking back at Crusher. Big, scary kind?

" Well, you may have heard of him. He doesn't exactly play nice with others... but he likes to check up on me occasionally." Was all Crusher said. Cetn still had no idea to respond, so he simply looked back at Vulkoor. The Brute suddenly seemed as wary as he was. Maybe it was wrong for him to judge, but he wasn't about to jump to any conclusions yet.

Cetn took Crusher's tentative response as a signal to stay quiet and out of the way, so he simply stood his ground while the Magi stepped forward to investigate. There was a chance that it was a howler... or it could be one of those lumbering brown things that hoarsely call and make long scratches down the trees. They didn't travel in packs like the howlers did, but they were plenty big and scary; and Cetn was even more uncertain about what to do should it be one of those. He didn't run into them often...

Eternal Peace heard rhe whole thing from the bush. The conversation about unwanted attention the Magi received, and its viciousness - and then someone was coming... a Magi snout became visible.

"Is somebody in there?"

Eternal Peace flared her wings defensively. "Are you planning to attack me, or should I stick around?" the Soulpeace questioned.

Even as she did so, she looked around, checking for any incoming attacks and scanning for an exit.

There. A possible exit if she h-- wait. She reminded herself that she had wings that could fly - if she flew fast enough, she might be able to get away if they turned out hostile. No attacks right now, but that was still no excuse to let your guard down. She'd seen a lot of the tricks in nightmares, after all. So definitely no putting her guard down yet. At least she was now ready for an attempt to escape if things heated up. Hopefully they hadn't noticed her looking around.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

"Attack you? Unless you plan on attacking me first, I wouldn't even think of it," replied Crusher. He turned to look at the others and shrugged. "Just a hatchling, I presume," he said and walked onto the riverbank without a second thought. He figured it was best to not potentially provoke her and let her come out on her own if she was curious about their presence. Now looking down at the water, he couldn't help but wonder if she was lost like all the other hatchlings they had been finding, but he tried to push the thought away. He just wanted to catch some fish and get going.

Edited by Booo

Vulkoor peaked over the bush at the Soulpeace, interested in her, but he shook his head. "Probably best just to follow the Magi" he thought. He scampered towards the bank and looked down into the water. Fish shimmered beneath the surface. " It's hard to believe that fish live in water this shallow" Vulkoor commented. To him, the water seemed only a few feet deep.

The Soulpeace listened. Well, it didn't sound lije they were interested in fighting. And she didn't usually see dragons here. Maybe they knew something about her family? No. She dismissed the thought. They wouldn't know.

She stepped out of the bush, carefully so as to not step pn any twigs. Then she crept up towards the stream, glancing around to ensure there were no ambushes lying in wait. That she could see. It was amazing in how many dreams ambushers could be just plain idiotic and their targets STILL didn't see them. She snorted, driving the thought away.

Cetn was dubious. Another hatchling? Did she know Vulkoor? He cast a glance at the Brute, but he seemed to have directed his attention back to the stream. If they did know each other, his previous worry about it being something big and scary made no sense.

Both Crusher and Vulkoor had returned to the riverbank, but Cetn stood his ground, watching the hatchling skulk out of the bush. She didn't seem very confident, though he wasn't sure what she was. Her coloration reminded him of a vista he saw of the mountains though; topped with white snow against a blue sky. Hm... yeah, she looked kind of like that! Very white and blue. The purple was a nice touch too.

But was she a threat?

Cetn cast an awkward look over his shoulder back at Crusher, before turning back to the hatchling. He wasn't about to turn his back on her just yet, not when she was a complete stranger.

The water was almost crystal clear with fish swimming in both directions, their scales glittering in the sunlight. "This shouldn't be too difficult then, and it looks like there will be plenty to split among us," replied Crusher, although he didn't know how well he'd do since he much preferred hunting over fishing. Artemis had always done this on her own.

Realizing he'd almost forgotten Irah, Crusher looked back at where she was still hiding and called "Okay, Irah. It's safe to come out."

That's when he noticed that the feathered dragon had decided to reveal herself and cautiously approached the water. His first thought was that she looked a lot like Ranu, but exactly what kind of dragon they were was still a mystery to him.

"So, are you from around here?" he asked, glancing at her before returning his gaze to the fish beneath the water's surface. There was one swimming closer now and he crouched down in preparation.

Irah came climbing out of the bushes with some difficulty, the branches crashing loudly, and began prying off thorns that had stuck to her as soon as she was out in the open.

Edited by Booo

The Soulpeace looked up. "I've lived here for a long while, if that's what you mean."

She studied the group again. They didn't look hostile, but still... best keep your guard up. A rustling of leaves. She turned. Nothing - it was just an animal.

The Soulpeace turned back. Why had the Magi asked where she was from...? And the unwanted attention... Peace figured she should at leat keep an eye out for it and try to dodge it. Beside, would one of them know anyth-- no. Don't be silly. She looked back at the Magi, wondering if he had any more questions.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Cetn winced as Irah came out of hiding; not the most graceful thing he's seen her do. He tried to hide his judgmental expression from her by turning away.

" So, are you from around here?" Crusher asked. Cetn looked at the hatchling expectantly, but her answer was a bit... vague. How long was a "long while"? About as long as Cetn had been in the forest? It wasn't like she was super young or anything, but he felt like she wasn't saying enough, purposefully keeping information away from them... not like he had any proof. Maybe she just didn't talk much.

Cetn backed up until he nearly ran into Crusher, trying to keep the hatchling in his sight while at the same time doing some actual fishing; instead he almost ended up falling into the trickler, which would be disastrous. He couldn't pinpoint why he was so nervous about the hatchling; she looked similar to Ranu, but there was something... he didn't know, unsettling?

No reason to freak out. He tried to assure himself. She's probably no different from Vulkoor.

A bit awkwardly, he shuffled over to Irah, wanting to help to remove the thorns that caught in between her scales, but unsure on how to word it. So he just (even more awkwardly) put a paw on her tail and pulled out a few thorns in it with his teeth, hoping he didn't have to say anything that would make him embarrassed about his decision.

Vulkoor gazed at the two hatchlings that appeared. The copper, who seemed to readily come out, he assumed to be Irah. He had no idea who the other hatchling was. "They're both pretty" he thought, but he looked away and back at the water. They were going to fish, right? Vulkoor looked back into the water and noticed somewhat decent sized silver fish swam against the current in the stream. Vulkoor wanted to catch it, but he had never thought to fish before and he didn't know how. "Hey um....... Um......" Crud, Vulkoor hadn't even asked the Magi what his name was. "There's a silver fish over here." He just stated.