rainface

Hatchlings

"The area where We're going to, is there other's who's close to our age there miss....." Liger then looked at the landscape as they climbed trying to take it all in and form a map of everything he saw and where it was so he could remember. Liger was curious how many others were close to their age; and how many hatch mates they were going to be close to at their new place they were being taken to. He wondered what species he was going to find there if there were any others like his species also.

Edited by Captain_Gunzou

Cetn tried to shake himself awake when the unknown, larger dragon began to speak, as his mind was so groggy that he didn't catch some of the words; he must have said something to the red dragon though, as she backed off a bit with a mumble.

The Bleeding Moon picked himself up and decided to rub his horns against the wall, hoping the scraping noise would make him more alert. It worked a little bit at least, as he caught some of the question the male dragon directed at him.

" Traveling?" Cetn mumbled. " Uh, yeah, I guess. Was looking for a cave." He roused himself up enough to get a good look at the dragon.

Wow. Orange. Very orange. That was a whole lot of orange. Very frilly too.

" Yeah, just a cave." Cetn repeated. " You don't mind if I sleep here, right?"

He remembered the conversation where the dragons were talking about leaving, so Cetn was confident that they wouldn't mind him dropping in for a nap or two. He kind of wanted to know where they were going - maybe it would be exciting, which would contrast against his boring life in the forest - but he also knew that if he tried to fly right now he would drop like a stone... Well, to be honest, he can't really fly in general, but eh. He definitely needs to be alert first before he tried anything that dangerous.

A small hatchling wobbled out of from the cover of the trees. His wings were grown in and his muscles more developed. The small male spirit ward hatchling headed for the cave, starving and on his own.

"There's one other hatchling whose still very young, but you two will be the youngest of all of them." replied Artemis. She quickly got to the top of the slope and hopped over a large tree root poking out of the ground. It was going to be a bumpy ride for her newfound friends, but her mane and antlers were perfect for grabbing onto in case they ever felt they were losing their balance.

Soon, Artemis came to the familiar junction point and turned right, which led straight up to the mountains peaked. She slowed down and she began to make another steep climb, feeling thankful that someone had even gone to the trouble of clearing a path in the first place. It wasn't perfect however, and she had gotten some twigs snagged in her antlers after having to duck under a low-hanging Oak tree. "Everything alright back there?" asked Artemis as they neared flatter terrain. The rest of their walk would be smooth sailing from here and she could see someone up ahead. They appeared to be headed for the cave as well, but it wasn't someone she recognised. She quickened her pace so she could catch up to them, not caring if they heard her approach from behind.

~~~

"I'm moving out today, so no I don't mind. But there's a Nhiostrife sleeping outside who I don't think is leaving anytime soon, and she can put up quite a fight." Crusher said, knowing that the Bleeding Moon was most likely too tired to even notice her. "There's also a Brute who barged in here not long ago. He went down to one of the lower chambers, but I wouldn't go looking for him if I were you."

Irah went back over to the food pile and sat down, sighing. She then got the feeling that she was being watched and looked over at Quinn who was still sitting there, staring at her. "You two are up to something." Quinn said accusingly. Quinn didn't speak much and she usually did so telepathically so she must have been very curious about what Sky and Irah were up to.

Edited by Booo

"I'm doing just fine though I can't say about the other hatchling here. Ulp" Liger had hit his jaw on one of Atermis'es large scales that would surely leave a bruise tomorrow. Liger rubbed it to see how badly it was hurt it stung somewhat. Liger just sighed then focused on what was going on around him.

Edited by Captain_Gunzou

"If you've hurt yourself then I can tend to it once we reach my cave. We're almost there." assured Artemis after hearing what sounded like Liger biting his tongue. She cleared her throat and trotted over from behind who she was pretty certain was a Spirit Ward dragon. "Um excuse me." she said softly, not wanting to startle him. "Where are you going?"

Edited by Booo

(MY emails have failed to notify me i apologize)

Lucius looked over to the larger dragon. "I-im not sure okay.." his voice was full of hurt. He didnt mean to snap, but he had been through a lot already and didnt want anything else to go wrong. He stumbled over a large rock and fell nearly on his face. In humiliation he curled into a ball.

Artemis didn't know what to do when the Spirit Ward snapped at her before turning away and falling over. "I...I don't mean to bite, it's just that I rarely see anyone else around here." she said as she looked worriedly down at the small dragon on the ground. He was clearly in distress and Artemis wasn't the type to pass up the chance to offer help, whether he wanted it or not. "My home is just around the corner and I doubt my friends will mind if you pay a visit. So, if you need anything..." she hesitated.

Lucius looked up at Artemis. He was used to being alone, fending for himself in the small ways he could. Someone offering genuine help was something new to him. He stood up, shakily and as night approached his body began to glow from the inside. Stretching his wings, Lucius proudly looked towards where the dragons were headed. "I-I suppose I could come with you." He said hesitantly. "But if this is a trick, I-I-I I'll get my friend to hunt you down! H-hes a..uh..a vampire dragon! S-so he's really strong!" the small hatchling was clearly making up stories to protect himself. He stood crouched slightly looking up at Artemis.

Cetn's eyes widened at the mention of the Brute. That woke him up quick! He had heard Brutes fighting up from the mountains; he certainly didn't want to see what an angry one looked like up close, even with his tail to protect him!

" Uh... Brute? You said Brute, right?" Cetn tried an innocent grin. " Yeah, um... on second thought... you said you were leaving, right? Where are you going?"

Hopefully the orange dragon mentions someplace snowy and filled with caves. His thoughts added. I didn't come up here for nothing!

((Apologies for the short post, I wasn't sure what else to do...))

((No prob. I've been feeling stuck lately also. I'll post soon once I'm done with work.))

"That's right, we're going to the eastern desert. It's a long flight, but we'll stop to rest along the way if you'd like to join us."

Crusher thought that perhaps he could try to persuade him to join them if he had second thoughts. A Bleeding Moon dragon could prove to be a strong fighter so long as they weren't too easily duped by the enemy like Zeditha had been. "But where are my manners? My name is Crusher and this is Mihari. The Copper hatchling you saw earlier is my daughter, Irah.

"Um...hi." Mihari said shyly.

~~~

"I guess I better not play any tricks then." she said with a smile. Artemis wasn't really intimidated by the thought of Vampire dragon coming after her (well...except for one in particular) but she would play along with it if it meant that the Spirit Ward hatchling felt safe being around her. "My name is Artemis by the way, and the two youngsters on my back are Liger and Ranu." she introduced.

Edited by Booo

Liger had his head on his arms, and his arms were around a scale for support as he yawned groudly. This sun was making him dreadfully tired. His tail swayed back and forth a bit as his eyes drooped a bit, focusing on the other young male. ((20min to 40 min on a clock head if you want the correct motion as a pendulum))

Edited by Captain_Gunzou

Lucius was still cautious, but he approached the large dragon anyway. "Hello... my name is Lucius." He tried to seem as grown up as he possibly could, and he was a fairly large hatchling well underway to becoming an adult. He stood tall and proud on his hind legs, spreading his growing wings, the glow from his body seeming beautiful yet oddly terrifying. The spirits around them fearing his very presence. He nodded towards the hatchlings on Artemis's back. "Are they yours?"

"They are now." replied Artemis followed by a chuckle. "I found them abandoned by a river so I wasn't just going to leave them there."

Liger was snoring up a storm now, but Artemis didn't find it distracting. Rather, she was much more distracted by the fact that Lucius's body began to glow. "Oh, how beautiful! But I suppose I shouldn't expect anything less from your kind." she complimented. "Anyway... we should get going. The clan leader is probably wondering what's taking me so long."

Edited by Booo

Still wary of the dragons, Lucius calmly stepped next to Artemis.

"Okay... I will go with you for now." His stomach rumbled and the hatchling fell on all fours, tucking his wings.

"Clan leader..?" He looked up to the adult dragon with confusion. He had never known of anything called a "Clan"

Eastern desert?! Cetn's mind groaned. Isn't that the exact opposite of a place that's mountainous and snowy?

As the orange dragon introduced himself and the other two dragons, Cetn's eyes fell over onto Irah. Her coloration reminded him of his scales when they've been out in the sun too long...

Speaking of which, was that normal?

" Hi." Cetn echoed Mihari. The group seemed nice, so despite his much-needed nap he also felt the need for company. But the eastern desert didn't sound like fun...

Wait. A desert was just a wasteland, right? What if it was a cold desert? What if it was nothing but snow?!

So absorbed in hist thoughts, Cetn almost missed his chance to return Crusher's favor. " Oh! Um, I'm Cayhatpekn. Just 'Cetn' will do. Made it up myself." He grinned. " So you're going to a desert? If you're stopping somewhere along the way, do you mind if I come with? There isn't much out here for me." Except for a cave with a Brute dragon in it, apparently. His thoughts added.

Cayhatpekn? Hm...interesting name. thought Crusher.

"You can come, as long as you don't try to pick a fight with anyone." he replied. "I know that probably sounds obvious, but it's been a recurring issue for us. I don't suppose you've run into anyone acting...strange?"

Crusher was curious about what Cetn might know about his enemy, if anything, but he hesitated to bring up the topic after having just met him.

~~~

"Um yeah, you know...The one who our clan trusts to make the big decisions." said Artemis. "But why are you doing that? Are you hurt?" she asked attentively, not knowing why he'd fallen again.

Edited by Booo

" Strange?" Cetn refrained from scraping his horns as he thought; Crusher might think it's rude. " Nah, you guys are the only ones I've met so far." The Bleeding Moon wondered for a moment how attacking people was a problem for these dragons; maybe there was a bully around?

Great. Now Cetn really didn't want to stay in this cave. Sleeping in a nice place with a bully around would be no better than sleeping in a shallow dirt pit with no one around!

Cetn stood up, rubbing his muzzle to make sure he was awake enough to fly. Hopefully they wouldn't be traveling too far away; the most flying he has ever done was gliding from a clifftop into the trees, and climbing things over and over again in order to glide to keep up with the others would be both embarrasing and time-consuming.

((Um, okay a few things. Please read the rules before posting and use brackets [] () when posting OOC. I hope this doesn't come across as rude, but if you actually read the first page then you'd know.

Hey gang, I'll be posting tonight.

Edit: Oops, gotta postpone. I hope I'm not being too slow.))

Edited by Booo

"Good. I'll explain soon, but we need to get going." Crusher said with urgency. He looked down at Mihari and asked "Have you decided what you want to bring? Mihari seemed to have trouble speaking in front of the new dragon and just nodded shyly. That was when Irah approached Crusher again and announced "Father, I packed your books for you." Crusher looked over at Irah and smiled.

"Excellent! That will save us some time. I don't want to leave without Artemis, however. She should be back any minute now."

Crusher's expression of gratitude quickly changed to one of concern when he realized that Artemis had been gone longer than he anticipated. He had hoped that she would immediately return after finding out what the commotion was down by the river, but he tried not to worry about it too much. After a brief pause, he said "If you excuse me, I need to go grab my things." before turning away from the group and heading for his chamber.

Irah met Cetn's gaze and shrugged. Crusher was clearly troubled by something and he wasn't very good at hiding it.

~~~

Ranu watched as Liger's spiky red tail swung like a pendulum. She then reached down and began to bat at it playfully.

((Thought I'd take over Ranu since Jacques disappeared.))

Edited by Booo

Cetn blushed a bit and looked up and away, instead trying to focus on what to do now. If there was a Brute in the cave he certainly didn't want to go exploring it, but he was nervous about being left alone with strangers, especially since he was awake enough now to actually use logic. He swept his tail to the side, and turned his gaze to the blunt tip. It could use a little sharpening, but the last time he tried to sharpen it his tail struck a silver shinymetal vein, which wasn't very fun...

Funny. He hasn't seen any silver shinymetal after that. Does it vaporize or something? Maybe there's just isn't much of it around... He sees plenty of darker shinymetals though, and some shinyrocks.

He was reminded of his "hoard" that he had left behind, a small collection of pyrite, graphite, and a few other metallic minerals he called "shinymetals". He missed that hoard a bit, but if they were going to a desert surely he could find some cool things out there?

Cetn looked back at Irah and Mihari, pulled a smile and just looked sheepishly at the ground. He wasn't good at small talk, and he had no idea what to say. But he had to say something; this silence was too uncomfortable!

" So uh... Crusher reads books huh? Anything interesting?" He started before stumbling on the last part. " Er, well, not 'interesting'... you know, like... what are they about and such?"

Liger's Tail curled up close to his head and his paws kept it firmly tucked to his body. Liger then looked at Ranu,"Please stop playing with my tail Ranu. " He smiled at her then unsure if it was ok or not he asked,"Would you like company over there?" Liger wanted to know cause he has taken a liking to Ranu though he didn't know why maybe it was that they were now family or mates?

Edited by Captain_Gunzou

((I forgot to post... weird.))

Ranu backed away and cocked her head to one side when Liger told her to stop. She then stretched her front legs out and rested her head on Artemis's mane, staring at Liger with big playful eyes. She was clearly comfortable with Liger and was happy to be accompanied by another hatchling.

~~~

"Oh yeah, he's got lots of books. He found most of them further down in this cave." replied Irah, happy to talk about her father's interests. "They're mostly about magic spells and animals that live on the mountain. I think someone went to the trouble of studying them."

Crusher then came out of his chamber with a brown satchel around his neck. Had he taken longer, Irah surely would've rambled on. "Here, take this." said Crusher as he used his telekinesis to lift an Ice mana crystal out of his satchel and placed it in front Cetn. "Mihari has been collecting these. It should give you enough energy before we stop to rest for the night."

Edited by Booo